Crash on Game Start

OH1972

Hi. I restarted Oblivion for the first time in ages and installed a bunch of mods to make it more up to date and more kinky.

The game initially worked just fine with the exception of some missing meshes. Now I installed some meshes for the body modifiers I was using, hoping that would solve the problem, but instead I get a crash on game startup.

Here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm
All Natural Base.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
Better Cities Resources.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
ScreenEffects.esm
TamagoClub.esm
LoversCreature.esp
WindowLightingSystem.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
OBGE - Liquid Water.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
Better Cities .esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
All Natural.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
LoversMB2.esp
All Natural - Real Lights.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Better Cities Full.esp
Better Dungeons.esp
Better Imperial City.esp
Knights.esp
Better Cities - Open Better Cities.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversGGBlackmail111.esp
Better Cities - All Natural.esp
All Natural - SI.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
Better Cities - Knights of the Nine.esp
sexycompanion.esp
ArielleJurard1.1.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

What it doesn't show, obviously, is the additional textures and meshes installed. I installed Qarl's, which seemed to work fine, and MEAT as well as meshes for Robert's Male and Eye Candy Female bodies.

I've used both Wrye Bash and OBMM to see if I am missing a master but can't find the problem

Use BOSS first,

then follow instruction in here, especially the load order to manually sort LPK plugins:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/

this two must be in the bottom of the load order:

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

I used LOOT on it.

Pushing those two to the bottom of the load order changes nothing about the crash.

what is LOOT?? sorry I never heard of that.
I use this BOSS: http://boss-developers.github.io/
It sort all of your load order except LPK Plugins, so you will have to sort it manually.

and your problem exist after you installed some meshes? It works fine before that?

Btw I think your load order is a mess... My Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp is right below the esm.

what is LOOT?? sorry I never heard of that.

I use this BOSS: http://boss-developers.github.io/

It sort all of your load order except LPK Plugins, so you will have to sort it manually.

and your problem exist after you installed some meshes? It works fine before that?

Btw I think your load order is a mess... My Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp is right below the esm.

Quote from your link, right at the bottom: "Looking for BOSSv3 beta? It's not LOOT!"

Well, as I said, I had SOME problems before that - namely missing meshes, resulting especially in imperial legion NPCs carrying around big exclamation marks or "WTF?" signs, and some Imperial City guards being partially invisible. Not sure what caused that. Everything else seemed to be working alright.

Then I installed armor for the two body mods, and since then the game crashes.

I did adjust the load order manually somewhat afterwards - specially in moving everything "All Natural" after the All Natural ESP - just to be on the safe side. They should only depend on the ESM, but who knows...

More specifically, I installed Exnemized OOO armor and Robert Muscular OOO armor, given that I have installed OOO, and I reinstalled Robert's, which i had set on average body before to set it on muscular body so that the body matches the armor. 

ah, so that what LOOT is, thank you for the Information, I clearly miss that "Looking for the BOSSv3 beta? It's now LOOT!"

But, if the load order is still like that after you use LOOT, then I think your LOOT is not working as it should be...

or, try to disable the mod one by one to check the problem.

Or you can download  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/? TES4Edit unzip it run the .exe that is in it and it will start to load every .esp/.esm that you  installed in your game if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and tell you the reason why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it close TES4Edit and repeat starting it till it no longer hits anymore errors and is able to load everything up. Then try your game again.

Also your *Bashed Patch* was that made with all lovers mods turned off? If not you need to redo it with those turned off.

LOOT and BOSS does not sort Lovers Mods right.

Run BOSS, then sort the Mods BOSS did not sort manually in the Mod manager(clothes Mods to sorted clothes Mods, Quest Mods to sorted quest Mods, .....Sort them in about alphabetically within the categories)

Then sort your Lovers Mods (Boss does not sort Lovers Mods right) Load order here in the Spoiler http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/

Or run LOOT and then sort your Lovers Mods manually.

Other Mods you need (also Body Mods ) see LAPF install instructions Spoiler http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21241-lapf/page-1

From the Recommended Tools you need all, except Wyre Bash is optional and you can also use Pluggy 125c. All other Tools you need.

And like devilsnake1990 said try to disable the mod one by one to check the Problem.

Yes not LoversMods in the BashPatch !!!

Crashes on start are generally a bad oblivion.ini, missing esm\esp files and that sort of thing.

Meshes don't enter the picture as a problem until the game is actually running.

Well, in any case, I am currently down to Oblivion.esm, DLCShiveringIsles.esp and Knights.esp and it still crashes, so it seems it's not an issue of missing masters or mod conflicts. I seem to remember that one or the other package made some changes to the .ini. Maybe that's the root of the problem?

I downloaded TES4edit, I don't see anything that looks like an error message, interestingly. It ends with Background Loader:finished. Still the game crashes, sometimes before, sometimes just as the Bethesda logo appears.

move the oblivion.ini file that is in your my documents \oblivion folder to somewhere else.

Then run the game via the launcher and it will generate a new oblivion.ini file.

See if you can get to the main menu then.

Yes, that worked.

So should I now carefully add mods again? What to do with those packages which initially did change the ini? No idea which ones precisely those were...

move the oblivion.ini file that is in your my documents \oblivion folder to somewhere else.

Then run the game via the launcher and it will generate a new oblivion.ini file.

See if you can get to the main menu then.

Worked and I can start a game now. But when I start a new game, I crash in character creation now when I click to turn the character's head around...

i wander what version steam or cd (running as admin and xp compatible)?   updated to 1.2... ?  obse plugin menuqu and pluggy updated ?    installed on a laptop with dual monitor ?   

as i had this probleme long ago i do not recall what was my solution. 

i wander what version steam or cd (running as admin and xp compatible)?   updated to 1.2... ?  obse plugin menuqu and pluggy updated ?    installed on a laptop with dual monitor ?   

as i had this probleme long ago i do not recall what was my solution. 

CD version, OBSE, pluggy etc. freshly installed. PC is a huge tower with a single monitor

open up construction set click on 1 mod but dont activate it go through your list chances are 1 of your mods is  missing a pre mod like some lovers mods needs lovers with pk its either a lovers mod thats causing it or a mod not from lovers make sure you have the mods it needs otherwise you will crash

open up construction set click on 1 mod but dont activate it go through your list chances are 1 of your mods is  missing a pre mod like some lovers mods needs lovers with pk its either a lovers mod thats causing it or a mod not from lovers make sure you have the mods it needs otherwise you will crash

I was running TES4edit to check for such problems, it didn't detect any. Anyway, I can get into the game now, but suffer from frequent crashes. Reproducibly in the racemenu when turning the head, but also in the game itself at some points when travelling. I haven't made it to Kvatch yet, because regardless of whether I start at Skingrad or Anvil, if I travel a bit on the road the game crashes long before I reach Kvatch...

And there's still a bunch of missing meshes, no idea what caused that problem.

Ok, I managed to get the game running for several hours now. Still some missing meshes, but after re-installing the QTP UOP compatibility patch, the problem seems at least reduced. Even managed to get raped by a hell hound in Kvatch without any crashes. However, I'm now in the situation that I am at the priory and want to leave for Cloudruler Temple, but the game consistently crashes within seconds even of a reload. First time I'm on horse, too. Or rather, when initially playing, I managed to get just through the temple gates and then crashed, upon reload, I crash pretty much immediately. :( Any ideas?

Update: I loaded an earlier save and successfully managed to proceed to the priory. This time, I did not use a horse to rule that out but still crashed at the doors of Cloudruler Temple.

still have no clue !!!          DID you concidered reinstalling oblivion again : a clean fresh install  (everything deleted).  and running the game without any added mods  just the basic 1.2patch + obse .

than installing all major mods  (patchs and file.esm).  Before installing loversMods   run Boss/Loot   and a little gaming test : 5 min + fast travel  to see if all is good.   Than installing all loversMods  according to the load order exemple.

sorry, but for me it seams the only way   instead of suffering all your disapointing issues. 

Archived