skyrim random ctd problem

cloudwild

Hey i got this problem with skyrim the game keaps closing on its self with out any errors or warnings. Its like if i would have normaly closed the game. This is weird since it never happend before. i have tride lowering the speaker advance setting, lowering the shadow in game options like they say in youtube but it still closes on it self. can someone help plz?

Two things to try first I'd rename all the ini files you may have edited in "my documents\mygames\skyrim"

that includes skyrim.ini(rename to skyrim.bak) and skyrimprefs.ini(skyrimprefs.bak) and those in the "\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim" folder itself

Next I would verify your file integrity. Start up steam, right-click on the game and click properties, then under the local files tab click verify integrity of game cache. That would reset everything back to a fresh install in theory.

Those are probably the two easiest things to do, to see if it fixes your crashes.

well it seams the problem was a texture mod for making the sky look more realistic guess my computer is just crap coss wen i unistalld the texture mod the game went back to normal with no ctd but now i got a funny bug npcs hair tends to jump of the head and apear on there shoulders. <.< should call it a shiny head mod lol guess im gona have to ether create a new game save or reinstall the game. well thanx anyway.

I had raging crashes with no errors and the only way I could solve the problem involved making a dual boot system. I just couldn't get Windows XP to supply the game with enough RAM. I tried every patch, tweak, hack, switch, vram and voodoo stick known to God. No dice. So I run Skyrim in Windows Vista.

Ever since I started running Skyrim with Vista I have had no CTDs at all, ever. If anyone is running Skyrim on XP and it works, I don't know how you did it. I scoured the internet for solutions and nothing worked. One thing that might have worked other than Vista is new hardware. Because right now my graphics card is a dinosaur in a hamster wheel.

Archived