Complex installation - animations

Nepro

I really appreciate word of advice. I am not really sure how to handle the installation order or even if I can install all mods so none or few animations will get replaced by something else.

I want to install:

Deadly Reflex 6.0b101

Unnecessary Violence II - Taking Action

MAO - Mayus Animation Overhaul

NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer - without using flail animations

DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer

Supreme Magicka

Fearsome Magicka

Sensual Walks for Female NPCs

I am also intending to install HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 using DMRA body.

*all urls lead to nexus-oblivion site.

I really appreciate word of advice. I am not really sure how to handle the installation order or even if I can install all mods so none or few animations will get replaced by something else.

I want to install:

Deadly Reflex 6.0b101

Unnecessary Violence II - Taking Action

MAO - Mayus Animation Overhaul

NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer - without using flail animations

DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer

Supreme Magicka

Fearsome Magicka

Sensual Walks for Female NPCs

I am also intending to install HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 using DMRA body.

*all urls lead to nexus-oblivion site.

Sensual Walks, Supreme Magicka, and Fearsome Magicka are uncritical (from animation point of view). There are either no anims, special idles, or walks directly and only assigned to female NPCs.

MAO is first, but I would only install if you really have a need to seperate NPC and player animations. I don't see any needs for the mods you mention here, maybe except DMC.

Next is NoMaaM. If you use MAO, copy all NoMaaM anims into the MAO folder.

Then DMC. I have no experience with UVII and DR6, but I would avoid the DMC special anim version, so there will be no esp conflicts for the player between DMC and the others.

How you install both DR6 and UVII together, I think is widely discussed. But at the end you need to copy NoMaaM (3rd person) animations into the _1st person folder. UVII uses "3rd person animations in 1_st person view".

And don't forget to install "HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12" with option "NO ANIMATIONS" (or something like that), or else lot of files will be overwritten.

These are my 3 cents of input to this everlasting question. :)

DMC works fine with DR

Make sure to install the compatibility fix so that UV2 can work with DR: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40336

The OMOD for sensual NPC's is a very simple install and I've had absolutely no problems with that mod.

There aren't any threatening things about MAO, you should be fine with that. The magic mods don't really relate or associate with the other mods on this list so there shouldn't be any trouble.

As for load order, I'd keep DR and the animation replacer mods near the bottom if possible, UV2 is going to be okay anywhere (as stated in the author's notes, but he mentions that if used with unlimited rings and a batched patch, UV2 MUST be loaded after it). The magic mods won't have any trouble no matter where you put it really.

One more note on the animations replacers, if you install all of those listed, some animations will replace others in this mish-mash thing. For example, you'll lose NoMaam breast physics with combat anims if you overwrite the NoMaam mod and vice versa. Sensual walks will conflict with NoMaam as well (nothing deadly, but you'll lose anims either way).

Hope this helps!

Can you change for UV II & DR6 path for _male & _1stperson anims kf files in construction set? I loaded the uv II plugin but I can't seem to find the way to change the path. I saw that I could edit path for IdleAnims... but not _1stperson or _male

That way I could make deadly reflex and uv II work without loosing any combat moves.

Edit: I just got a new idea. What if I put Deadly Reflex files from _male to Mayus Animation Overhaul folder while leaving NooMaaM BBB files in core default folder meshes/characters/_male.

That way I will be able to use Deadly Reflex animations, and other NPCs will have BBB effects when fighting right? :D

Can you change for UV II & DR6 path for _male & _1stperson anims kf files in construction set? I loaded the uv II plugin but I can't seem to find the way to change the path. I saw that I could edit path for IdleAnims... but not _1stperson or _male

That way I could make deadly reflex and uv II work without loosing any combat moves.

Edit: I just got a new idea. What if I put Deadly Reflex files from _male to Mayus Animation Overhaul folder while leaving NooMaaM BBB files in core default folder meshes/characters/_male.

That way I will be able to use Deadly Reflex animations' date=' and other NPCs will have BBB effects when fighting right? :D

[/quote']

No you can't use any other folder than _1stperson and male (with some specialanims exceptions) and you can't use MAO for that purpose, either.

1st person only works in _first person, there is no other way AT ALL. There is one mod I know of (CCAO) which makes third person look like 1st person. That's all.

Some "male" folder animations can be moved into specialanim or below. But this requires a tick in the CS for every animation/character combination you want to use it (this is what Sensual Walks does). And it only works for movement animations. Combat only works in 50% of the cases (one time "male", one time "specialanims"), and never on skilled attack.

If you see combat animations as IdleAnims (like DR6) than this mod has to script the whole combat scenerey (damage, enemy impact, and so on), because IdleAnims were simply not designed for combat. And because DR6 and UVII do this scripting, they really need to know were their animations are. You should only mess with their structure if you REALLY REALLY know what you are doing.

And finally MAO. This mod only exists because you can't change player animations as wanted due to the shortcomings I have described. So if you want to have some cool DMC idles, or special spell anims only for the player, you have to go the indirect way (MAO). Use the "male" folder to put in all the cool add-ons, and have the MAO folder for all dumb NPCs. But there is also one problem with MAO. It only works for vanilla NPCs. So if you don't want your companion not to use the DMC stance as well, you have to change the mod which creates her.

Hope I didn't destroy too much of your enthusiasm. :)

Archived