[WIP/RELz] DMC stylish porting 0.2!!! still need some help...

Origamiboy

[uPDATE 0.2]

Updated and fixed the entirety of the 1handed animations. I also created a nmm file (fomod) with lots of custom options.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/03i76w9cdlild1g/DMCStylish+0.2.rar

Video: Below

+The configuration in the video is "Chop with reversed power" It replaces the default attacking animations to the chop animations that skyrim got rid of with the new engine. This is just one of the many configurations i put into the fomod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPcX6zk4gwY

ISSUE:

Good News - SO i've been able to convert a select few of the dmc stylish animations from oblivion and they work in skyrim.

Bad News - There's a few messed up and, i have no knowledge of how to actually animate in 3ds max.

SO... Question -

-i was wondering could someone tell me how to move the whole (biped, bodyparts bones etc) in a SINGLE frame without effecting the other frames???

Whenever i move the biped in one frame it moves it in all the other frames...

The reason im asking is some of the animations are below the ground for whatever reason and i want to move them to the right level above ground. but everytime i do that it moves the other frames into the air... making it look retarted.

Releases - Below (for helping purposes only)

IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP HERE ARE THE RESOURCES!

Files:

Also here are the two successfully converted animations so far, along with the marked broken ones

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e82mdphc5e38qpc/DMCStylishconversion0.01.rar

Here is the original DMC Stylish .kf files

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16459/?

Here is the tutorial for conversion (SUPER FUCKING EASY AMAZINGLY!!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvHmGg0iuYM

*NOTE-Ignore the FNIS part because we are using them for combat. Simply rename them to the appropriate corresponding animations.

Files From The Video:

Havok Content Tools for 3ds max

http://www.havok.com/try-havok

Exporter Files

http://casualmods.net/downloads/ExporterFiles.rar

NIf Tools for 3ds max 2011 ( you can use older versions aswell)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lg416r

SO... Question -

-i was wondering could someone tell me how to move the whole (biped, bodyparts bones etc) in a SINGLE frame without effecting the other frames???

I probably grossly misunderstood your question and this might not be the answer you're looking for (and I haven't checked your files yet) but

to change the transformation of the bone in the single keyframe in 3ds max you have to switch on the autokey button (see screenshot), before doing the change.

if you have that button off, whenever you change the transformation of any object, you actually change the starting reference pose of that object. not the time-related keyframe of the animation. which means that every keyframe of the animation gets changed. because the resulting look of the objects in every keyframe = starting pose transformation + keyframe transformation. changing the starting pose -> change in every keyframe.

when the autokey buton is on, any transformation you do with any gizmo will be projected into the actual keyframe on your timeline, not the reference pose.

(the last option - setkey button, will make your transformation changes be projected nowhere - neither reference pose, nor animation keyframe - unless you manually press the key button to the left of it)

post-170867-0-90344400-1401384540_thumb.jpg

I have finished the 1 handed animations, the dual wielding animations, however i am having a pain in the ass with the two handed weapons, for one animation in particular.  Basically whenever i rotate the object in 1 frame the rest of it fucks up and moves in a diagonal pattern. Its similar to the issue i was having before. I think the main issue is it is attached to an animation camera that i cannot move AT ALL, and it is fucking up my rotation on certain frames PLEASE help!!

So i got most of the animations fixed and done, except for 1... The issue i'm having is that when rotating the object in 1 frame it messes up the other frames , i think the reason is the animation camera has moved wayyyy over to the left and i have no way of moving it back to center. Any idea on how to fix this? here's a screenshot of the camera issue, maybe it will help. Also can you tell me how to slow animations down?

1.to slow the animation click on the Time configuration button in lower right corner - see screenshot - then click animation/rescale time, then set new duration

2. hmm, i don't see a reason why shouldn't u be able to move the camera. with standard import camera3rd should be its own root. the only thing that comes to mind is to check your right panel -> hierarchy -> links info -> locks to see if everything is unlocked

3. rotating the object messing up other frames... no clue... it messes up itself in other frames? or it messes up its children or other bones?

if u're desperate feel free to upload the max file. i'm personally running max 2010 so saving it in max 2010 format would be needed

post-170867-0-78085500-1401548754_thumb.jpg

looking at your screenshot again, i just noticed u're using the group selection for the camera and the body. is that intentional? afaik group objects share common transforms, so it might be responsible for some of your trouble. u might want to use the group menu->ungroup.

does that relate to camera as well? when u move ungrouped camera, do body bones get messed? if so, then the whole bone hierarchy is prolly imported in an incorrect way - check your "schematic view" button in the main bar to see how links are set

when i move the body separate from the camera it only rotates on a fixed axis instead of moving it, like its attached directly to the camera. It may be the importer i'm using anyways ill send you the files tomorrow to see if you can make sense of it. I finished like i said most of the animations but im going back to redo the 2 handed animations since im not proud of them at all, as well as the dual weilding ones

Did you get an answer for this part ??

The reason im asking is some of the animations are below the ground for whatever reason and i want to move them to the right level above ground. but everytime i do that it moves the other frames into the air... making it look retarted.

If not the answer was simple. oblivion uses different bones set and structure to make a character above ground level. bip01 is what resembles ground level for oblivion and bip01NonAccuum is what makes it point into a set position. So if a character is not above ground level that means that bip01NonAccuum is lower then bip01 you need to move this bone above bip01 to fix it.

That part is for oblivion.

Now for skyrim you have to think differently skyrim has no bip01 and Bip01NonAccum you need to check skyrim bones structure and fix this part manually.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Great work! It seems promising, and really stylish, i am 100% sure with some little improvements and enchanchements it will become more fluid and smooth. Is this mod dead? Because i can't see any update, if it is, it's too bad, the maker seem that he could do a new and more solid Katana-moveset combat, i was looking so much for it. :/ 

Archived