animations not showing up

I just updated to Sexlab 1.57 with a totally new game and for some reason the animation registry is pretty much empty. The only animations present are creature animations, I can trigger those normally. I first noticed the problem when I tried to start Radiant Prostitution and my client just stood there for a moment, no stripping, no nothing. After a few seconds I talked to him and the only option was to collect my coin for the service that was never rendered.

I tried the reset instruction in the troubleshoot guide (clean, save, quit, relaunch) but that didn't work. I use Mod Organizer so I can't really do a normal reextraction. I tried removing Sexlab (including in-game clean) reloading without it, saving, and reactivating it, rerunning FNIS along the way, and that didn't work either. And I have run FNIS a bunch of times during all the other attempted fixes, and every time it recognizes Sexlab, there are no outstanding errors, but nothing shows up in game.

I've reverted to the previous version I was using (1.39b, I don't know where a link to 1.5 might be) and that 'fixed' the issue for the time being.

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried that command and nothing seems to happen. I get a notification that MCM has found 15 new menus, but the animations still aren't there. I tried resetting the anims after using the command but no dice.

I don't know if this helps, but I noticed that when I reset the anims I get a notification that creature anims have been installed, followed by one for character anims, but it never, no matter how long I wait says it has finished resetting the registry until I go into sexlab in MCM and then back out.

I also tried resetting, waiting for the first two notifications, punching in that console command, then waiting for (and eventually going into MCM to trigger) the successful reset notification. Still nothing.

You have to activate it. Here is a copy and paste from a website about turning on your papyrus to trouble shoot.

1.  First, Enable Papyrus Logging by opening your Skyrim.ini file located at [YourWindowsUsername]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

2.  Find the [Papyrus] heading (or if it doesn't exist, create it at the end of the file) and add the following:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Now, Papyrus is enabled!  Now what?

3.  Enter your game.  If it crashes to desktop, hopefully it will log the errors you've encountered.  If this is the case skip ahead a bit to step 5.

4.  Play the game for a while.  When it starts lagging up or giving you problems, open console by hitting the ~ key (or `, depending on how you look at it) and type 'dps' without the quotes.  This will dump a log file to your My Games/Skyrim directory.

5.  Open up [YourWindowsUsername]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus0.log
(the newest log will always be appended with a 0)

If you have never enabled papyrus logging before, do make note that:

The first time you launch the game with it enabled it will not log papyrus data.

Launch the game, load a save, wait a min, quit.  Then start skyrim again and it will start logging.

This is only the case for the very first time it gets enabled, or if you do a clean install, after that it will log properly whenever you switch it.

Remember too, that if you don't need the logging on, turn it back off!

It takes up papyrus time writing the log, and makes it a lot slower.

I typically just change those three 1's to 0's to switch it off again, that way the lines are easy to find if I ever need it again. 

It's not spitting out any logs. I punched in 'dps' before and after every notification, especially between the last and going into MCM, as well as after backing out of MCM. I even left the game running for ten or fifteen minutes to give it some time to log, assuming such would have an affect.

Sooo... yeah...

EDIT: Last post popped up while I was typing, I'll make sure it's logging at all then come back. (I'm guessing you mean dps toggles it)

Herp derp. I just realized I had to turn on papyrus in the profile that's having problems, seeing as how I'm using Mod Organizer. Here's the log from when I attempt to reset the registry, pause for a few minutes, then open MCM.

Well I got it working, somehow. I honestly have no idea what changed I just started flipping random mods on and off, I didn't add or remove anything, and it just spontaneously resolved itself.

Thanks for your helps!

Archived