[Guide] Japanese Voices With English Subtitles

Hey guys!, I made a guide to put the voices in Japanese with English subtitles/text.

(sorry for my bad english btw :blush: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_Qll2VOT0

Japanese voices with English (or your language) subtitles.

1. Steam Library -> right clic on Skyrim -> and set it to not update automatically

2. Backup your Skyrim mods in a folder or just use Nexus Mod Manager

3. Steam library -> right clic on Skyrim -> go to language -> select Japanese

4. Wait until its downloaded

5. Go to your Skyrim data folder and copy the following files: Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, and if you have dlc copy also Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa and Dragonborn.bsa and put them in your desktop.

6. Go back to your Steam library and repeat step 3 but select your language.

7. Wait until its downloaded

8. Go to your Skyrim data folder and override the .bsa's files with your saved .bsa from before.

9. Enjoy

another note to add is rename the bsa's and make blank esps to load them like the highres dlc

that way you can switch between both English and Japanese with ease

also you can unpack all the Japanese audio then repack them into 1 bsa if you want to save esps

• 2 months later...

another note to add is rename the bsa's and make blank esps to load them like the highres dlc

that way you can switch between both English and Japanese with ease

also you can unpack all the Japanese audio then repack them into 1 bsa if you want to save esps

nice to know ^^ ty.

Double-post, sorry!

Just did it and it is AMAZING. <3 I love it! If it's jarring to hear two languages in game, I don't recommend it with things like Interesting NPCs, which have custom voices. I've not tested with Inconsequential NPCs yet, but I'd imagine since it uses in-game dialogue, it'd be fine.

I'm going to make this a new Mod in Mod Organizer so I can turn it on and off as I like.

Archived