IGNORED

Changing armor slots and making a new copy of the item

Hi guys! As title says i would like to know how can i change a slot of an armor piece and then making this new item a standalone copy without overwriting existing files. Basically i've removed the vest from the armor leaving only the chestplate(converted to unp body type with outfit studio manager). Now i would like to separate the collar that is attached to the chestplate and change both the chestplate and collar armor slot. How can i do that?Thanks in advance ^^

Armor picture: 

6443dda3.jpg

You will need nifskope for that. 

So if you already have separated  them both , chestplace and collar. Open them via nifskope and change their body alignment to something other. Highlight then in the render window or choose them in the file tree :

NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance > then in the Block Details ( make sure you have set options to show files in the tree style, View > Block List > Show blocks in tree ).

Open partitions tab and change Body Part from SPB_32_BODY something else , SPB_36_RING , SPB_42_CIRCLET etc. Lets say we will pick SPB_42_CIRCLET.

SgYNfwr.jpg

After this you have to the a simillar thing in the CK:

- load it up

- go to Armor tab and copy ArmorDaedricCuirass, we will use that as a template

- after duplicating them you can rename them to something other like "Collar " etc

- now go back to your freshly created Collar in the Armor tab, open it

- unhighling BODY and check 42-Circlet

- in the same opened tab you have a small Model window with a DaedricCuirassAA in it, click on it

- new window should open ,rename ID DaedricCuirassAA to something more fitting ( ie CollarAA )

- un-check BODY , Calves ,Forearms and check Circlet again.

- select a model of your collar.nif 

- if your collar shows up in the CK render window you did good.

- if its invisible you probably made a mistake with previous steps, make sure that .nif file has the same body flag as armors in the CK ,otherwise they will just appear as an invisible model.

- click ok,create new form.

- now remove DaedricCuirassAA from the Model window ,right click , add new and find your CollarAA.

- press ok , save , test in game

This way you can separate armor into the small pieces and make them work like Morrowind's style armours , with lots of wearable parts.

I hope I didn't make any mistake , I'm kinda tired uhh.

And you don't need to attach a body mesh with your collar so remove it if you have it.

You will need nifskope for that.

So if you already have separated them both , chestplace and collar. Open them via nifskope and change their body alignment to something other. Highlight then in the render window or choose them in the file tree :

NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance > then in the Block Details ( make sure you have set options to show files in the tree style, View > Block List > Show blocks in tree ).

Open partitions tab and change Body Part from SPB_32_BODY something else , SPB_36_RING , SPB_42_CIRCLET etc. Lets say we will pick SPB_42_CIRCLET.

SgYNfwr.jpg

After this you have to the a simillar thing in the CK:

- load it up

- go to Armor tab and copy ArmorDaedricCuirass, we will use that as a template

- after duplicating them you can rename them to something other like "Collar " etc

- now go back to your freshly created Collar in the Armor tab, open it

- unhighling BODY and check 42-Circlet

- in the same opened tab you have a small Model window with a DaedricCuirassAA in it, click on it

- new window should open ,rename ID DaedricCuirassAA to something more fitting ( ie CollarAA )

- un-check BODY , Calves ,Forearms and check Circlet again.

- select a model of your collar.nif

- if your collar shows up in the CK render window you did good.

- if its invisible you probably made a mistake with previous steps, make sure that .nif file has the same body flag as armors in the CK ,otherwise they will just appear as an invisible model.

- click ok,create new form.

- now remove DaedricCuirassAA from the Model window ,right click , add new and find your CollarAA.

- press ok , save , test in game

This way you can separate armor into the small pieces and make them work like Morrowind's style armours , with lots of wearable parts.

I hope I didn't make any mistake , I'm kinda tired uhh.

And you don't need to attach a body mesh with your collar so remove it if you have it.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I'll try that as soon as i can. Can i ask you by the way how Can i divide the collar and the chestplate?

You can do this in the Outfit Studio.

- Import that outfit:

- import body shape ( without body ,outfit studio will crash when you press Create outfits in the Bodyslide window, well at least for me )

- there is a tool called Mask Verticles

- use it to paint sections of the armour you want to stay, in this case paint collar

- create zap slider and name it zapslider or sth different

- check if it works ( if you press a slider some unmasked parts of the armor should move a bit in forward )

- save project as , remember the name of the saved file

- open a new Bodyslide.exe

- go into the filter area and look for your saved project

- when you find it open Preview Small and Big windows

- now check that "zapslider" , unmasked parts of the armour should vanish

- you might wanna move sliders to the opposite sides so _0 will match low weight

- Create bodies

- open in the nifkospe and delete bodymesh if they don't use SPB_BODY_32 flags.

Alternatively you could try to delete verticles in the nifkope or in blender/3dsmax.

If you have problems check out this guide and look for zap slider creation section. Its a bit clearer and more detailed.

You can do this in the Outfit Studio.

- Import that outfit:

- import body shape ( without body ,outfit studio will crash when you press Create outfits in the Bodyslide window, well at least for me )

- there is a tool called Mask Verticles

- use it to paint sections of the armour you want to stay, in this case paint collar

- create zap slider and name it zapslider or sth different

- check if it works ( if you press a slider some unmasked parts of the armor should move a bit in forward )

- save project as , remember the name of the saved file

- open a new Bodyslide.exe

- go into the filter area and look for your saved project

- when you find it open Preview Small and Big windows

- now check that "zapslider" , unmasked parts of the armour should vanish

- you might wanna move sliders to the opposite sides so _0 will match low weight

- Create bodies

- open in the nifkospe and delete bodymesh if they don't use SPB_BODY_32 flags.

Alternatively you could try to delete verticles in the nifkope or in blender/3dsmax.

If you have problems check out this guide and look for zap slider creation section. Its a bit clearer and more detailed.

Thanks! I hope i will be able to finish everything now :D

Archived