Crime, Psychic Guards, and a simple mask.

In an earlier thread, I killed a chicken in Riverwood. And later found out I had a criminal record in Whiterun!

Is there a way in Skyrim to...hide your identity?

This isn't modern day. A simple mask and change of outfit should prevent a great many legal issues.

and whats with this psychic reporting system? It's unfair, I tell ya! I'm just trying to make a dishonest buck. Is there a wanted poster in the barracks?

Yeah sure, they all love ya when ya kill a dragon...but kill a **** chicken...

Guest xthejester

With the SkyRe mod, you can get perks in Speechcraft that allow you to do a couple of things.

1.) If you wear the full outfit from a faction, members of that faction will treat you as one of their own.

2.) You can craft a mask/cowl that, when worn, acts like a disguise. If you're wearing one, and spotted committing a crime...you can run somewhere, take it off, and nobody will be after you. And your bounty will be gone until you put it back on.

Guest xthejester

You could try this  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19447/?

this mod adds a dark cowl to hide your identity but also adds some stuff from the thief games like fire,water or rope arrows

SkyRe basically incorporates that entire mod.

That not true,Skyre only give few think from this mod.Only what autor of skyre want.

May not be the entire mod...but all the stuff the OP is looking for.  Plus the rope/fire/water arrows, and the stealth kills as well.

Guest xthejester

SkyRe

Get that out of here.

A legit SkyRe hater?

I'd heard people like you existed, but until now...I've never seen one.

You could try this  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19447/?

this mod adds a dark cowl to hide your identity but also adds some stuff from the thief games like fire,water or rope arrows

SkyRe basically incorporates that entire mod.

That not true,Skyre only give few think from this mod.Only what autor of skyre want.

May not be the entire mod...but all the stuff the OP is looking for.  Plus the rope/fire/water arrows, and the stealth kills as well.

Hmm you are correct,but still its worth use this mod with Skyre,other bonus feature are cool too

SkyRe

Get that out of here.

A legit SkyRe hater?

That's because people don't hate, they just never cared about the mod. They want better answers  that guide them. Saying SkyRe is the solution is lazy.

I'd assume most of the hate you mention comes from question/request threads. You ever heard how shitty computer employees respond to technical issues? Restart/shutdown/reboot your computer. Yep, lazy.

But I have to give you some credit for adding some details. I've seen answers that are no more than a sentence or even a word. I suppose I was disappointed when I saw the first reply to the topic was SkyRe instead of Sneak Tools.

Anyways I'm just being a sensitive scrub. Watch out especially when I'm in my scrublord mode.

Also I preferred to not be label a '1337 SkyRe hater'. Change it to 'people who recommend unnecessary overhaul mods w/ massive compatibility issues hater'.

Guest xthejester

SkyRe

Get that out of here.

A legit SkyRe hater?

That's because people don't hate, they just never cared about the mod. They want better answers  that guide them. Saying SkyRe is the solution is lazy.

I'd assume most of the hate you mention comes from question/request threads. You ever heard how shitty computer employees respond to technical issues? Restart/shutdown/reboot your computer. Yep, lazy.

But I have to give you some credit for adding some details. I've seen answers that are no more than a sentence or even a word. I suppose I was disappointed when I saw the first reply to the topic was SkyRe instead of Sneak Tools.

Anyways I'm just being a sensitive scrub. Watch out especially when I'm in my scrublord mode.

Also I preferred to not be label a '1337 SkyRe hater'. Change it to 'people who recommend unnecessary overhaul mods w/ massive compatibility issues hater'.

I advised SkyRe over sneaktools because, for me, getting all those nifty little bonuses seemed like a cheat "right out of the box". Having to earn them feels more authentic.

Also...when I tried using sneak tools, it was far buggier and more unstable than SkyRe.

SkyRe

Get that out of here.

A legit SkyRe hater?

I advised SkyRe over sneaktools because, for me, getting all those nifty little bonuses seemed like a cheat "right out of the box". Having to earn them feels more authentic.

Also...when I tried using sneak tools, it was far buggier and more unstable than SkyRe.

Yea I have a few criticism on Sneak Tools, like how the animations are really out of place. However I would prefer those 'little bonuses' that I can restrain myself from using, over the changes SkyRe includes. Sure some of the features in SkyRe are nice, but the main issue I have with the mod is that its features are not in a separate modules. And that's what sucks a lot when it comes to SkyRe. 

As of the stability/bug issue, I don't know how you can even compare them without excluding the necessary mods. You need an applicable environment to have a credible claim, if not then most of the issue comes from compatibility which in most cases, are user-made errors. Unless of course the mod is poorly made like Warzone, or are just impossible to achieve with the shitty Creation Engine. Which when it comes to Sneak Tools, doesn't apply.

In my case although my rig isn't something you could call high-end (thus why I don't use ENBs), stability isn't an issue.

To be honest a lot of this a lot of these changes resides on how much of a console game Skyrim is. In addition I think it depends on people if they prefer security over freedom I suppose. Oops I think thats going a little far.

Archived