I wouldn't let that get you down, the showracemenu issues are minor compared to having a huge selection of hair to go with. Grab the Skyrim 4gb launcher and it often solves the issues. Also, it's often better to use it in sparse outdoor areas or interiors.

Or find one hair you like and stick to it. :)

Anyone know where I can get this hair? It's a retex of the tera hairs' date=' shiny :D

It's a bug;

Download tera hair pack and after that use a texture correct prograqm for skyrim, it screws things up

No... I'm told it's an actual mod either way, I'd be happy to artificially bug my hair to make it shiny... how would I go about doing that? What kind of program? :)

It can most easily be done by modifying the specular map to be whiter' date=' you'd need a program that edits .dds files to do that.

[/quote']

Okay, I have PS and I got the .dds plugin for it... but I'm having trouble with it :s none of my adjustments have made it shinier except when I save it without an alpha channel, but then that always turns out the same... Any advice?

Also, there's 3 files in the skin texture folder for the skin but only 2 for the hairs, does that mean there's no specularity file for them? The two files available look like the texture and normal map for the hair so I'm guessing that's the case : /

So then... would I need to make a specularity map and edit the mod file to link to it?

Thanks for any help or advice :D

Anyone else seeing beautiful hair crash not only the creation kit, but the game as well as soon as you try to become a female? I've gone through and fixed all the forms errors in the esp, including the one where ck complains about the form ID, but can't get it to stop crashing everything it touches, so I can only guess this is something in the nifs themselves.

Anyone else seeing beautiful hair crash not only the creation kit' date=' but the game as well as soon as you try to become a female? I've gone through and fixed all the forms errors in the esp, including the one where ck complains about the form ID, but can't get it to stop crashing everything it touches, so I can only guess this is something in the nifs themselves.

[/quote']

:idea: I know that Ren's Hair for example "does not play well with others" when combined with several other hair mods for Skyrim, and was causing the same problem at character creation. Seems to work fine with Apachii's, which are good (also with "Tera" hairs - but they're a mixed bunch, & not often seem to be floating above the scalp), but not with many others. From memory, I also had the problem you describe when attempting to use "Beautiful" hairs for character creation in Helgen, but that was a long time ago - I'm surprised to hear that it's still occurring...

• 2 weeks later...

How do you folks manage to prevent an instant CTD when selecting showracemenu after loading up almost a gigabyte of hair styles? o.0

It's not as if I'm short on Ram or CPU power, but seriously, I have enough trouble using Apachii Hair along with Lovely Hair.

I tried installing the 800gb "Hair pack -Allhairs-" along with ApachiiHair.esm and there was no lock up, just an instantaneous "Skyrim has stopped working" pop-up as my taskbar came back into view.

Hi I'm new here and I need some help with that MOD of yours. It seems that i cant find the .esp file for the mods so please can you give me the link for one? Thanks

showracemenu affects everything, your racial bonuses, starting stats on skills and hp/stamina/magicka, hairstyles, any mods for face, eyes, everything.

Hairs, unless they're clashing with each other, don't tend to be that unstable, but showracemenu can crash for a number of reasons...

For some reason one of my characters can only enter showracemenu without freeze indoors, outdoors it freezes... O_o can't explain that...

check this out if you're having troubles: http://wretchedcalx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/broken-mods-papyrus-debugger-and-you.html

someone linked it in 'what mod is this' thread ^_^ just passing it on.

• 2 weeks later...

It's for CBBE' date=' the UNP version is somewhere in the 'What mod is this' thread.

[/quote']

I am sorry but ...

■備考

UNPB用

※骨格MOD必須(詳細はトラブルガイド)

That means UNP Blessed Body as it even links to the the Nexus page.

And I wish it was for CBBE BBP ... tried to do some sorcery but playing about with Nifskope is about as far I can go.

Edit:

Of course it does not matter if you just want the helmet as its a helmet.

It's for CBBE' date=' the UNP version is somewhere in the 'What mod is this' thread.

[/quote']

I am sorry but ...

■備考

UNPB用

※骨格MOD必須(詳細はトラブルガイド)

That means UNP Blessed Body as it even links to the the Nexus page.

And I wish it was for CBBE BBP ... tried to do some sorcery but playing about with Nifskope is about as far I can go.

Edit:

Of course it does not matter if you just want the helmet as its a helmet.

Ah, sorry about that, will fix it in a moment. Will edit this post with the CBBE one as I know there's one floating around since I'm currently using it.

EDIT: CBBE: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=9333

Again, I'm very sorry for the false info given above.

• 2 weeks later...

The tera hairs link seems broken' date=' can someone reupload it, please?

[/quote']

it's bundled in the hair pack on page 7 I saw.

And regarding the Tera hairs, they all seem to "float" a couple of inches above the head. I've tried editing them in Nifskope:

-> going to Transform > Edit > changing the Translation.. to move them closer to the head, but the hair seems to be bugged after I save it and try to use it and crashes. :(

Anyone got ideas on how to do this? :s

@rionwt

I think it's only possible editing the hair meshe position on a 3d editor' date=' like 3ds max.

You'd need to re-rig it i think(cause movin' meshes with bones, even if there's only one bone assigned(in this case head)the meshe generally looses the rig.

[/quote']

well, managed to change the scale of it with the latest version of Nifskope (1.1 RC7), but didn't quite fit the head still.

Guess I'm gona have to do as ya said and poke about in blender to try and get it working :(