CTD after uninstalling "rainbows" mod?

Rivyu

Hello,

I recently just uninstalled "Rainbows" http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25666/?  And I noticed I couldnt load my save games anymore...so i loaded a old save game, and i managed to get in, from within the game, i loaded my newest save game, and i immidiately CTD'd about 3-4 seconds after walking around. (In winterhold). So i repeated that process again, and made a clean save at winterhold and left. And it still would not let me back in, until i noticed, when i loaded a old save, and then my new save, i immidiately tele'd to whiterun, and i had no CTD's. So apparently now Winterhold is a CTD zone for me? Ive been doing thieves guild quests so ive been going back and forth from here quite a bit, with never any ctd's, untill i took of Rainbows (Reinstalled it btw to make things work). Im not to knowleadgable about this, but it does contain scripts, which i think might be an issue?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Its fine now, but I still want to uninstall it lol.and hopefully get winterhold ctd free again :c

First of all, you shouldn't remove any mods once you have it installed, especially those come with scripts, and the "rainbow" mod does come with scripts. Also there is nothing known as "clean save" in skyrim, repeatedly making "clean save" will eventually destroy your saves. 

If you don't believe me, trust Arthmoor, one of the authors of unofficial skyrim patch, here is a direct quote from him on his nexus page:

"3. There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever."

The best you can do is either to go back to one of your saves that didn't have "rainbow" installed or install "rainbow" again and revert to the saves that you had it installed, hope you made backup of your saves.

Archived