How to redownload Creation Kit?

bigglebojiggle

After having to reinstall Skyrim because of a major bug switching from NMM to MO I lost the Creation Kit  I downloaded. Everytime I go into Steam, Steam thinks Ive already got it installed. I reada thing that said to delete a folder (apache or something) I did but I still cant redownload Creation Kit, any ideas?

Did you delete the actual Skyrim folder as well in SteamApps/common as well as the Skyrim folder in the dokuments folder (Dokuments -> my games)?

Hmmm, no, wouldnt that delete all my other stuff? Its not a terribly big deal, last time I used CK it kept crashing. I wouldnt mind trying again but Im not going to worry too much about it.

Hadnt thought of verifying file integrity, Ill give that a try.

What happened was I switched from NMM to MO and had a major bug with Skyrim causing me to reinstall my back up of Skyrim (which doidnt have CK). When I went to use CK it couldnt find the exe file. ill give the verify file integrity a try later on tonight, thanks guys.

I think your first mistake was installing a backup copy over an existing copy. Windows apparently got rid of CK but Skyrim assumes you still have it, as the integrity of that original install was modified. You may have to end up doing a clean uninstall of Skyrim and install cleanly to resolve the issue. Backup your saves. It's not that much trouble since you made the switch to MO, you won't lose your mods. 

Archived