Tera Armor - edit/re-texturing - Solved

Norup1958

Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm new to the forum and this is the first time I’m trying to mod.

But have tried to do my homework by searching and reading a lot of tutorials/ watching videos on the net but haven’t found any that explicitly shows what I want to do and I just cant get things to work. Must admit I’m probably more confused now then when I started.

I’m trying to edit/re-texture a Tera armor where I want to remove a chest piece – marked with a yellow X on the attached pic.post-347644-0-52218600-1392898593_thumb.jpg

Of all the various tuts/ videos the ‘best’ advice I’ve found sofar to accomplish what I want is the below steps where after Step 9 I colored the chest piece completely black ....]but going through the rest of the steps I end up with a ‘grey’ armor and the chest piece is still there? (see pic)post-347644-0-35319300-1392898595_thumb.jpg

1.    Open your texture file in gimp

2.    Right click on the background (bottom) layer

3.    Down near the bottom of the list click "Remove Alpha Channel"

4.    Press " ctrl + a " to select all, " ctrl + c " to copy

5.    Go to " Edit" --> " Paste As New Layer "

6.    Right Click on the " clipboard " (pasted in) layer

7.    Click " Add Layer Mask "

8.    In the Dialogue Box that opens select " Greyscale copy of Image"

9.    Click on the ' mask ' of the second pasted image (clipboard) to select it

now you can edit the parts you want to be invisible by making them solid black anything you want to show fully make it solid white and anything you want to be transparent (glass on glass armor for instance) make them grey

10.  Once finished right click on the background (bottom) layer and click " Add layer Mask"

11.  In the Dialogue Box that appears select " White - Full Opacity"

12.  Click on the edited Alpha mask ( not the main image) you modified and use ' ctrl + a " to select all, then " ctrl + c " to copy

13.  Click on the added (white opaque) mask of the background (bottom) layer and press " ctrl + v " to paste

14.  Highlight the single pasted image that now appears (third layer) and click the " Anchor" button to lock it in place

15.  Right click on the second (clipboard) layer and click " delete layer"

16.  Right click on your main background image and click " Apply Layer Mask"

Would very much appreciate if someone could/would assist me and tell me what I’m doing wrong?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally worked it out by myself  :D

Archived