Jump to content

Making my first mod


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I decided to get on the ikaros trend and decided to gain experience by starting with an easy mod, add the race to the Atomic Beauty version of an outfit.  I added the race through FO4 edit and then I went through each of the mods meshes in Outfit studio to add them to the race.  I did the bit about putting each slider at 100 percent and adjusting the model. Now What do I need to do next to put together all the files. 

 

Should I have saved the outfits to a single weight or is doing a High/low weight the way to go?

 

I also notice that they are .ops files in two places in body slide. Do I include both, the meshes and the plugin?

 

I figured I reach out and ask for advice from people who do this regularly rather than myself just relying on videos and experimentation.

 

Screenshot 2026-09-28 142602.png

Screenshot 2026-09-28 142859.png

Screenshot 2026-09-28 142909.png

Posted
16 minutes ago, rifleman2c said:

Should I have saved the outfits to a single weight or is doing a High/low weight the way to go?

Fallout 4 doesn't support the weight models Skyrim has. It's best to just ignore it.
 

 

18 minutes ago, rifleman2c said:

I also notice that they are .ops files in two places in body slide.

.OSPs are what is needed for the project to be modifiable via BodySlide along with the .OSD and .NIF. You might want to distribute both the ShapeData and SliderSets with your mod.
 

 

22 minutes ago, rifleman2c said:

Do I include both, the meshes and the plugin?


I'm not sure what you mean here. If you mean whether you should distribute the prebuilt meshes, it's a matter of preference if you include the bodyslide projects. You can then ask users to build the projects. The plug-in is needed, of course.

Congrats on your first mod, though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...