katewill Posted September 9 Posted September 9 I've been experimenting with different approaches to AI image generation lately, and I'm curious what people here prefer. For NSFW images, do you mainly use local setups like Stable Diffusion/ComfyUI, or browser-based tools? Local gives you much more control, but the setup can be a pain, while browser tools are obviously easier to get started with. I'm particularly interested in people who have tried both. What do you think are the biggest advantages and disadvantages of each? 2
RomeoZero Posted September 9 Posted September 9 I can only tell from 1 side - local usage gives you time for gaining experience to understand things and how they work. Web usage only showed me it can be done quickly but with lots of errors and restrictions + no experiments. I'd say use local A1111 > Forge > ComfyUI pipeline to get exp, especially when you want crazy idea implementations in workflow.  3
katewill Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 (edited) That's interesting. I've tried getting into local setups a few times, but the amount of different models, extensions and workflow settings can be a bit overwhelming. Since you've used A1111, Forge and ComfyUI, which one would you recommend starting with today if the main goal is image editing and experimenting with different workflows, rather than just generating images from prompts? And is ComfyUI actually worth the extra learning curve? Edited September 11 by katewill 2
breenikole94 Posted Monday at 10:26 AM Posted Monday at 10:26 AM For image editing, I'd probably go with ComfyUI if you're willing to spend the time learning it. The node-based workflow makes a lot more sense once you start chaining img2img, inpainting, ControlNet and LoRAs together. I've also been working on a browser-based alternative focused more on image generation/editing: https://deep-nudes.com/ The trade-off is pretty much what you'd expect — local gives you much more control over the workflow, while browser tools are convenient when you just want to iterate without maintaining models, extensions and VRAM-heavy setups. 1
en6game466iction Posted Monday at 12:29 PM Posted Monday at 12:29 PM There is zero point in spending on generating images unless your rig can't handle they heavy lifting. ComfyUI is more than likely the best local AI out there, but like mentioned above, it has a bit of a learning curve compared to others.
razumovskimike89 Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago I'd agree with ComfyUI for image editing. The learning curve is higher, but once you start building proper workflows, the node system makes a lot more sense than treating everything as a simple prompt-to-image process. For editing specifically, being able to combine img2img, inpainting, ControlNet and LoRAs in the same workflow is a pretty big advantage. You can also save the workflow and reproduce the same pipeline later, which is something I find more useful than just getting a good result once. Forge is probably the easier entry point if you want something closer to the A1111 experience, though. I wouldn't necessarily jump into ComfyUI immediately unless you're actually interested in learning how the workflow works under the hood.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now