MajorWard Posted September 6 Posted September 6 This mod by Blutarsky brought Liara into Fallout 4 as a companion, had some promise, but seems to have been abandoned (spoiler for nude in link thumbnail): Spoiler My biggest issue was that, while she will go to the nearest settlement if dismissed, she can't be assigned as a settler and she won't sandbox either. Would it be possible to give her these abilities through the Creation Kit or something? I am clueless when it comes to modding...
Jijodebuta189 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Hope someone with real modding experience helps because I always love that mod too. I suppose that, yes, with the Creation Kit you can do that, but the most I have done was on Skyrim or fallout new vegas adding some sex function to dialogue options or "fade to black" scenes. I do that just by seeing other mods' structure on Geck, copy and paste... maybe you can see another companion mod and look for the function that makes them a settler and copy the condition or whatever in the Liara one.
Senator Blutarsky Posted September 16 Posted September 16 (edited) @MajorWard @Jijodebuta189 It is not abandoned. She was never intended to have full settler functionality. I have made other support mods that let you assign them to a settelr role as an add on. I believe I did that with kasumi and tina armstrong and one or two others, I am concerned about custom followers operating on a different custom system (especially one with early biotics) having issues. At some point I will get around to voicing her. but it was meant to be a simpler system that later was built on to make morrigan. Except w Morrian I had more flexibility because I could also substitute her firearm use for spells. Something Liara would not do as she used firearms in the games. Right now I am working on another Night club add on project. FYI its quicker to reach me throughPM or discord. Maybe the "settler add on" i can do quickly but the voicing not so quickly. That will be a while and since she is not a story follower the other story based mods are a greater priority. All you really need to do at a minimum is add a few settler workshop scripts and a faction or two. I was always concerned with adding full settler talk functions becase with custom dialogue it might create a conflict. In the past I did this ass an add on in case there was a problem. Edited September 16 by Senator Blutarsky 3
MajorWard Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 On 9/16/2026 at 1:15 AM, Senator Blutarsky said: @MajorWard @Jijodebuta189 It is not abandoned. She was never intended to have full settler functionality. I have made other support mods that let you assign them to a settelr role as an add on. I believe I did that with kasumi and tina armstrong and one or two others, I am concerned about custom followers operating on a different custom system (especially one with early biotics) having issues. At some point I will get around to voicing her. but it was meant to be a simpler system that later was built on to make morrigan. Except w Morrian I had more flexibility because I could also substitute her firearm use for spells. Something Liara would not do as she used firearms in the games. Right now I am working on another Night club add on project. FYI its quicker to reach me throughPM or discord. Maybe the "settler add on" i can do quickly but the voicing not so quickly. That will be a while and since she is not a story follower the other story based mods are a greater priority. All you really need to do at a minimum is add a few settler workshop scripts and a faction or two. I was always concerned with adding full settler talk functions becase with custom dialogue it might create a conflict. In the past I did this ass an add on in case there was a problem. That's fair and for the record this thread wasn't intended as an attack or complaint, more a lament. I certainly would never be able to make anything like it myself! I also applaud your refusing to AI voice her, too! Being able to make her a settler would be great!
Senator Blutarsky Posted September 19 Posted September 19 (edited) On 9/17/2026 at 3:06 AM, MajorWard said: That's fair and for the record this thread wasn't intended as an attack or complaint, more a lament. I certainly would never be able to make anything like it myself! I also applaud your refusing to AI voice her, too! Being able to make her a settler would be great! Not really. I was planning to use AI however. I don't clone existing voices from other games, there is a new limited standard for modding where you re use existing fo4 voices strictly for fo4 (just like people used to cut up and splice existing voice files) the logic behind it is that they were paid to lend teh voice to the game, but using those clips for a diff game even diff bethseda game is not proper . I have a paid subscription to speechify where everyone who loaned their voice to it was paid or volunteered to do so (some celebrities hae done so because speechfy is intented as a platform to help those with disabilities but I don't have access to those voices). I find a generic one that is close. but they are all paid actors. she might not sound like "Liara" from the games. but someone was paid on some end and its not stealing someone elses voice. If you want to help out I can send you some voice samples when I am ready to do so. The platform has become very restrictive of even editing thier paid voices (something i used to do because it was allowed). I have a pending request for me to continue to be able to do so and place certain restrictions on it (like take away my commercial use licesne which I won't use anyway). for older voices I was able to modify pitch in audacity then re enter them cant do that going forward unless i work something out w the higher ups. I didn't take it as an attack. I have just been focused elsewhere and usually I am easier to reach if you pm me or hit me up on discord cause I don't always check the threads. Edited September 19 by Senator Blutarsky 3
MajorWard Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 9 hours ago, Senator Blutarsky said: Not really. I was planning to use AI however. I don't clone existing voices from other games, there is a new limited standard for modding where you re use existing fo4 voices strictly for fo4 (just like people used to cut up and splice existing voice files) the logic behind it is that they were paid to lend teh voice to the game, but using those clips for a diff game even diff bethseda game is not proper . I have a paid subscription to speechify where everyone who loaned their voice to it was paid or volunteered to do so (some celebrities hae done so because speechfy is intented as a platform to help those with disabilities but I don't have access to those voices). I find a generic one that is close. but they are all paid actors. she might not sound like "Liara" from the games. but someone was paid on some end and its not stealing someone elses voice. If you want to help out I can send you some voice samples when I am ready to do so. The platform has become very restrictive of even editing thier paid voices (something i used to do because it was allowed). I have a pending request for me to continue to be able to do so and place certain restrictions on it (like take away my commercial use licesne which I won't use anyway). for older voices I was able to modify pitch in audacity then re enter them cant do that going forward unless i work something out w the higher ups. I didn't take it as an attack. I have just been focused elsewhere and usually I am easier to reach if you pm me or hit me up on discord cause I don't always check the threads. Fair enough. Voiced or not, I would love for her to be a settler but I get why it's not that simple.
Senator Blutarsky Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago Anyone want to chime in on which voice they prefer? Style 1 (I have used this before Mary USA she is the voice of Serana in the nightclub, no edits to pitch speed or tone except when emotion dictates) Liara T'soni voice Sample 1 Mary - USA.wav Style 2 (sounds a bit more Intellectual but still soft tone) Liara T'soni Voice Sample 2 Agnes USA.wav STyle 3 (very direct and matter of fact) Liara T'soni Voice sample 3 Aria USA.wav Style 4 (soft more even toned) Liara T'soni Voice sample 4 Monica USA.wav Style 5 (Higher but direct voice) Liara T'soni Voice Sample 5 Lauren USA.wav I know which one I am leaning towards but looking for opinions.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now