IGNORED

Well here's a pickpocketing bummer...

z4m0lx3s

So with Pickpocket lvl100 and the Perfect Touch perk you can pickpocket equipped items. It's really funny sneaking into a Forsworn or Bandit camp and pickpocketing everything from everybody, then seeing them run around naked before picking them off one by one. :D

So I tried this with some city NPCs, and it doesn't work. The pickpocketing works just fine, but as soon as the NPC crosses into a new area (like go through a door), all their clothing is restored. And even if you reverse pickpocket another piece of armour or clothing, the NPC does not equip it.

I'm just hoping once the CS comes out somebody can change this behavior, because otherwise I wasted a whole bunch of perks to get Perfect Touch. Edit: And I know how to remove and add perks through console, but that's cheating.

Hmm... I did some playing around with this perk in Whiterun yesterday and didn't experience this. The NPCs were still missing their clothes after I had left a few times to go dungeon delving. Outside of Whiterun, however, the farmers would get their clothing back as soon as I left the area.

EDIT: I should also mention they didn't magically regain their clothes after entering/exiting buildings. I was going door-to-door stealing everything, and some would come by the inn still without clothes.

Perhaps sometimes they'll remain naked, and sometimes won't? I'm not sure. I'd need to do some more experimenting with the perk today to see what's happening.

Hmm... I did some playing around with this perk in Whiterun yesterday and didn't experience this. The NPCs were still missing their clothes after I had left a few times to go dungeon delving. Outside of Whiterun' date=' however, the farmers would get their clothing back as soon as I left the area.

EDIT: I should also mention they didn't magically regain their clothes after entering/exiting buildings. I was going door-to-door stealing everything, and some would come by the inn still without clothes.

Perhaps sometimes they'll remain naked, and sometimes won't? I'm not sure. I'd need to do some more experimenting with the perk today to see what's happening.

[/quote']

Well, in my case I pickpocketed a couple of girls from Jorrvaskr, and then asked one of them to follow me. As soon as we exited the building she was back in her hide armour. I also pickpocketed Ysolda, went to sleep for 24h in Breezehome and when I came out she was dressed again.

Maybe not all NPCs revert, but these 3 did for sure.

Hm, i did some tests after reading this. With possible Companions, it works like: steal everything except one part of clothing and the original armor will not magically respawn. I think that it is similar with other npcs.. Ysolda for example.. when stealing just her dress and leaving her boots nothing respawned.

Hm' date=' i did some tests after reading this. With possible Companions, it works like: steal everything except one part of clothing and the original armor will not magically respawn. I think that it is similar with other npcs.. Ysolda for example.. when stealing just her dress and leaving her boots nothing respawned.

[/quote']

This may be the case. It occurs to me that I didn't steal everything off of them. I usually left boots, daggers, that kind of thing.

Cool' date=' will try when I get back home. Thanks for the tips, it would have never occured to me to leave something behind in the npc inventory.

[/quote']

I've confirmed this is what's happening. I went and cleared their inventories, and the next time I visited, their inventories had been regenerated. Simply leave their boots or gloves and their inventories shouldn't regenerate.

Archived