FNVEdit or GECK user help request, only a minute of your time

Hello,

I would need to check with other users what's the Hex Base ID from an object called NoVacBungalow02, also if you can tell me the language your NV is translated.

This because I've used that asset and an english user couldn't see it because its Base ID is different, I'm trying to see if it's because of the different translated version. If it's so, it's SCARY. God knows how many assets have different Base IDs, resulting in "holes" for other people when I use them.

Thank you very much

Searching in FNVEdit and the GECK, the reference is NoVacBungalow02 [sTAT:0017B7A5].

EDIT:  I don't know how to get the base ID for it.  Do static objects have base objects?  :unsure:

EDIT EDIT:  Launched the game, went to the house.  It gives 0017b99b as the actual in game reference, and when I used gbo on it, it gave the one that I gave above (7a5 etc.).

Yes, different localizations have different FormIDs for a small number of references. This took me ages to track down for Another Kick in the Head- in that case it was a merchant container, I think.

It meant that my script silently crashed for French and German versions of the game. A bitch to track down because since I only had my own localization of the game, all I could do is make several debug versions with the script cut up and ask people to test and give feedback.

One solution is to create your own copies of GECK refences rather than uses the vanilla ones. Obviously this isn't always viable.

I agree, it is scary.

The more I see things like this popping up in the GECK, the more I'm convinced the whole thing is like one big joke designed to generate laughs over at Bethesda/Obsidian at the expense of frustrated modders.

"Oh, you know what would be hilarious? If we just RANDOMLY CHANGE values and base ID's across localised versions for no reason whatsoever and then wait for some dupe to write a script and watch it not work for everyone else! Muhahahahah!" ...  :dodgy:

There's so many little niggly things like that in the GECK it really makes my blood boil. Like "Oh, lets make LOD generation a huuuge pain in the ass, take forever and make it look like the GECK has frozen, with no progress bar or crash report whatsoever, so the user can never be sure if the damn thing is actually working or CTD'ed in the first two minutes, which it invariably will. Genius!" ...  :@

Sorry, bit of a rant there, but it is what it is. 

Thank you everyone. You just confirmed what I was thinking, and Odessa gave the last confirmation like a last critical headshot that made my head *poof*. It is exactly what I was meaning and god it is TOO scary. It's not a very big issue creating new IDs as you suggest Odessa, problem is it depends on what you are doing, it could be tied to many other existing vanilla things and you'll have to change them too, think to form lists for example, or who knows how many other thousands things, you can easily get lost tracking down things like this one. In my case, it's nothing else than static objects, clutters, architectural, but can you figure how many damn IDs are necessary when you love clutters and creating places? :D really I'm astonished, I can't recreate 1000 IDs in...in this way! I surely will end up mixing vanilla ones with new ones... damn, they were cruel, VERY CRUEL, with this issue.

PS for CK: "so the user can never be sure if the damn thing is actually working or CTD'ed in the first two minutes" one of the batches created in OUR lod files took almost 2 days to be updated... you watch a frozen computer for 2 days and THEN you finally realize it wasnt' frozen... I'm wondering how many wonderful modders gave up in creating worldspaces for behaviours like this one. Anyway I find the thing of the IDs definetely more scary, maybe it's time for me to re-buy NV in an english version, so finally people will also stop with messages like "Why my wastelands are now called Terre Desolate? How do I solve this? What is a Predatore?..."

Guest carywinton

The more I see things like this popping up in the GECK, the more I'm convinced the whole thing is like one big joke designed to generate laughs over at Bethesda/Obsidian at the expense of frustrated modders.

"Oh, you know what would be hilarious? If we just RANDOMLY CHANGE values and base ID's across localised versions for no reason whatsoever and then wait for some dupe to write a script and watch it not work for everyone else! Muhahahahah!" ...  :dodgy:

There's so many little niggly things like that in the GECK it really makes my blood boil. Like "Oh, lets make LOD generation a huuuge pain in the ass, take forever and make it look like the GECK has frozen, with no progress bar or crash report whatsoever, so the user can never be sure if the damn thing is actually working or CTD'ed in the first two minutes, which it invariably will. Genius!" ...  :@

Sorry, bit of a rant there, but it is what it is. 

You are so evil, but I like it, lol :P

Yes I have seen this problem in both Geck's FO3 and FNV, not only will you find FormID and BaseID different the actual asset names will be different as well. I have worked with mods from all over the world, especially from our overseas Brothers and Sister in the Far East and I have seen where translation of assets has to be done as well as asset renumbering in lists. I know there is a way to do this using FO3Edit and FNVEdit, but I have yet to see a good "Tut" for that function as well as one that describes really all the detailed functions of those incredible tools.

I could write a little Python script that saved all the FormIDs / names to a text file with a field for game localization, then if someone with a different version ran the script it would do the same for theirs, then compare all of them to find out which FormIDs are different. That way we'd know all the differences.

It is definitely doable, but I am not sure how to extract the list of all FormIDs from an .esm file- I'll look into it, someone will know

I could write a little Python script that saved all the FormIDs / names to a text file with a field for game localization, then if someone with a different version ran the script it would do the same for theirs, then compare all of them to find out which FormIDs are different. That way we'd know all the differences.

It is definitely doable, but I am not sure how to extract the list of all FormIDs from an .esm file- I'll look into it, someone will know

This would be a marvelous idea, I could make some sort of table as reference for other people. I don't know pythons or other beasts like that... god am I really the only one being so ignorant on a computer? *laughs* anyway I was wondering if it's a big waste of time for you I suppose you should first evaluate if it really needs the effort. For example, how many italians are actually modding FONV? 2? 3? how many of them would use this? I don't know why but I feel I'm the only one... ;) ... so at least it would require other good soul running the script and doing the same comparison for some versions which are more used, like french, german or spanish. Because me, I simply could annoy someone to try my mods and check if there are issues like that (... CK? do you ... have a minute? :D )

We would only need to have one person for each localization run the script on FalloutNV.esm once and then pass a text file it creates back to me. I do the same for my English version, then do a compare on each one to make a small list of the troublesome formIDs. Then make and put on net a slightly different program that reads your .esp / .esm and tells you if it won't work for players of some localization.

It probably won't ever cover all localizations, but just having English and 1 or 2 others will still be worthwhile. Once I know how to decode the .esm file format for the FormIDs, which can't be that hard.. you can see them in TESsnip/FNVEdit, the program will probably take half an hour to write- its simple parsing and Python is great.

Well... if you do that, I'll offer for the italian comparison. Even if it won't be that useful.

PS you can export IDs using GECK. Load FONV.esm (I suppose it's the only one we need now) then go to Files - Export - Names, it creates a txt with several columns. Now it should be easy to filter it or sorting by type (CELL etc.)

Guest carywinton

This will be a major breakthrough, especially if I can get any Far Eastern Brother's or Sister's to work with their ID's, I cannot tell you how much "by hand" work that would save! This would rate as important as being able to copy complete lists of hair and eyes to races instead of one  "zzzz~ Yawn~damn my wrist hurts" line at a time. I never could understand how such ingenious tools developers left out such a simple feature as multiple rows or columns copy and paste, doh! Every time I have to do a new game build with mods I am faced with the dreaded line by line copy of literally hundreds of lines of eyes and hairs, just to make them "Oh Behave"! :P

I have also seen location names be different with respect to the language they were developed in. Just recently I ran into this instead of "Mohave Wasteland" being in the world space name it was "Zona contaminate del Mojave" , which of course did not make FNVEdit happy at all and it immediately called it a "conflict" , maybe we just need a translation module plug in for the GECK, etc. yeah that's it. This happens way more frequently when working with mods from our Far Eastern Brothers and Sisters, the "characters" in their language cause all kinds of issues, including DNAM values and DR, DT incorrect values, which I am sure on their version of the games is perfectly fine. :D

Well... if you do that, I'll offer for the italian comparison. Even if it won't be that useful.

PS you can export IDs using GECK. Load FONV.esm (I suppose it's the only one we need now) then go to Files - Export - Names, it creates a txt with several columns. Now it should be easy to filter it or sorting by type (CELL etc.)

Awesome.

I have got the export from the English game.

If you could upload your Italian Names.txt file, I can write the program

Can anyone with a different localization (French, German, Russian, etc - It must be the legit STEAM version with the latest patch) do the same?

1 ) Open the GECK (any version will do, just download it and run if you don't have it).

2 ) Click File -> Data... -> Double Click "FalloutNV.esm" -> Click OK and wait for it to load

3 ) Click File -> Export -> Export All

4 ) Inside your main install directory you will now find a file named: 'Names.txt'

5 ) Rename it to include your localization, make a post and attach it

Cary... that Zona Contaminata is mine, it comes from Alice! Please don't start acting like kiddies in Nexus! "how do I solve this PROBLEM?", wtf, we all "minorities" always had this ISSUE installing YOUR mods, are you aware of this? do you know most of the time I'm walking through a damn Mohave instead that my beloved Zona contaminata?!? *laughs*with an hironical tone, I'm just kidding of course*

Being serious: what you call "conflict" is what happens to me everytime I add something, no matter what I am really doing, no matter if I don't touch vanilla things. I hoped that cleaning duplicates with TESVEdit was automatically solving this (essentially, as I said I'm not changing anything in the cell, just adding a footlocker or a door for example), but it didn't. But also, if my mod changes the name in italian, and you put another english mod doing the same but below in your LO, I really doubt this "conflict" leads to anything else than re-translating it back.

Odessa, here's mine:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzwkcnueo8jmada/Italian.zip

I... uhm... I don't know how to attach a file to a message... ahem... *hides her face in shame*

Guest carywinton

Cary... that Zona Contaminata is mine, it comes from Alice! Please don't start acting like kiddies in Nexus! "how do I solve this PROBLEM?", wtf, we all "minorities" always had this ISSUE installing YOUR mods, are you aware of this? do you know most of the time I'm walking through a damn Mohave instead that my beloved Zona contaminata?!? *laughs*with an hironical tone, I'm just kidding of course*

Being serious: what you call "conflict" is what happens to me everytime I add something, no matter what I am really doing, no matter if I don't touch vanilla things. I hoped that cleaning duplicates with TESVEdit was automatically solving this (essentially, as I said I'm not changing anything in the cell, just adding a footlocker or a door for example), but it didn't. But also, if my mod changes the name in italian, and you put another english mod doing the same but below in your LO, I really doubt this "conflict" leads to anything else than re-translating it back.

Odessa, here's mine:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzwkcnueo8jmada/Italian.zip

I... uhm... I don't know how to attach a file to a message... ahem... *hides her face in shame*

But of course ! You are absolutely correct it's not a problem at all I just "used" it as an example, nothing more! Doh! :s

Yes just about every single mod regardless of who made it or where it came from will have some type of conflict with either the core *.esm's, which actually conflict with each other, I find that hysterical coming from a multi-million dollar production company. Most conflicts can be safely ignored, like the example I used earlier. I am just finding out how meticulous things can get if your favorite color in FNVEdit happens to be "green" lol :P If you really want to have that silly little thing corrected, I can easily fix it and send you a PM with the link to the new *.esp file, but as stated here and above, it's really nothing to concern yourself with, it's merely a "name".

Guest carywinton

Awesome.

I have got the export from the English game.

If you could upload your Italian Names.txt file, I can write the program

Can anyone with a different localization (French, German, Russian, etc - It must be the legit STEAM version with the latest patch) do the same?

1 ) Open the GECK (any version will do, just download it and run if you don't have it).

2 ) Click File -> Data... -> Double Click "FalloutNV.esm" -> Click OK and wait for it to load

3 ) Click File -> Export -> Export All

4 ) Inside your main install directory you will now find a file named: 'Names.txt'

5 ) Rename it to include your localization, make a post and attach it

If I can get Nino, BenZen, or CWJohnny to respond to PM's I might be able to get them to send me there Far Eastern versions. :D

This is not good.

English / Italian / German (uncut) Conflicts

96 Bad FormIDs

0017BF35 : ['MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in English']
0017BF34 : ['MISSING: is in German (as Recipe127mm) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as Recipe127mm) but is not in English']
0017BF37 : ['MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017BA47 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty) but is not in Italian']
0017BA46 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction) but is not in Italian']
0017BA45 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty) but is not in Italian']
0017BA44 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in Italian']
0017BA43 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction) but is not in Italian']
0017BA42 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in Italian']
0017BF68 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017BA40 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in Italian']
0017BF66 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as Recipe127mm) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as Recipe127mm) but is not in English']
0017BF67 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in English']
0017BF65 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in English']
0017BC61 : ['MISSING: is in German (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in English']
0017BF6F : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty) but is not in English']
0017BF6D : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty) but is not in English']
0017BF6E : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction) but is not in English']
0017BF6B : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction) but is not in English']
0017BF6C : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in English']
0017BF6A : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017B7A0 : ['MISSING: is in English (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in Italian']
0017B7A1 : ['MISSING: is in English (as LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4) but is not in Italian']
0017BC8A : ['MISSING: is in German (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in English']
0017BC8D : ['MISSING: is in German (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in English']
0017BC8F : ['MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BF07 : ['MISSING: is in German (as BeatrixFX) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as BeatrixFX) but is not in English']
0017BF09 : ['MISSING: is in German (as SantiagoFX) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as SantiagoFX) but is not in English']
0017BC96 : ['MISMATCH: is form P04CompanionFireTerminal in German but is form IncreaseHealthPermanent in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form IncreaseHealthPermanent in Italian but is form P04CompanionFireTerminal in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in English']
0017BC97 : ['MISMATCH: is form LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4 in German but is form DummyNVIgnoresDTDR in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form DummyNVIgnoresDTDR in Italian but is form LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4 in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDR) but is not in English']
0017BC94 : ['MISSING: is in German (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BC95 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in English']
0017BC93 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in English']
0017BC91 : ['MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BCE0 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in English']
0017BCE1 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in English']
0017BF0A : ['MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquad) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as VFactionSquad) but is not in English']
0017BF0B : ['MISSING: is in German (as Patch04Quest00) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as Patch04Quest00) but is not in English']
0017BA41 : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in Italian']
0017BA11 : ['MISSING: is in English (as BeatrixFX) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as BeatrixFX) but is not in Italian']
0017BF69 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as AmmoEffectMCDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017BA14 : ['MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquad) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquad) but is not in Italian']
0017BA15 : ['MISSING: is in English (as Patch04Quest00) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as Patch04Quest00) but is not in Italian']
0017BC83 : ['MISSING: is in German (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in English']
0017BC85 : ['MISSING: is in German (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in English']
0017BC84 : ['MISSING: is in German (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in English']
0017BC86 : ['MISSING: is in German (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in English']
0017BC88 : ['MISSING: is in German (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in English']
0017B79B : ['MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in Italian']
0017BF36 : ['MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectEnergyDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017B79E : ['MISSING: is in English (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in Italian']
0017BA3F : ['MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as AmmoEffect5mmAPDTReduction) but is not in Italian']
0017BA3D : ['MISSING: is in English (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in Italian']
0017BA3E : ['MISSING: is in English (as Recipe127mm) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as Recipe127mm) but is not in Italian']
0017BF24 : ['MISSING: is in German (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in English']
0017BF3D : ['MISMATCH: is form AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty in German but is form Patch04Quest00 in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form Patch04Quest00 in Italian but is form AmmoEffect5mmHPDTPenalty in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as Patch04Quest00) but is not in English']
0017BF3A : ['MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectBuckshotDamageBonus) but is not in English']
0017BF3C : ['MISMATCH: is form AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction in German but is form VFactionSquad in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form VFactionSquad in Italian but is form AmmoEffectMagnumDTReduction in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as VFactionSquad) but is not in English']
0017BF3B : ['MISMATCH: is form AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty in German but is form SantiagoFX in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form SantiagoFX in Italian but is form AmmoEffectJSPConditionPenalty in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as SantiagoFX) but is not in English']
0017BCC1 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BCC3 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as VFactionSquadCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BF39 : ['MISMATCH: is form AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction in German but is form BeatrixFX in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form BeatrixFX in Italian but is form AmmoEffect5mmDTReduction in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as BeatrixFX) but is not in English']
0017BF38 : ['MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as AmmoEffectOCDTBypass) but is not in English']
0017BCC6 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as VDialogueVegasNorthGreaserCodeHolder) but is not in English']
0017BCC8 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in English']
0017BCC9 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as LootFirstAidKitFoAPO4) but is not in English']
0017BC65 : ['MISSING: is in German (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDR) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDR) but is not in English']
0017BC64 : ['MISSING: is in German (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in English']
0017BC63 : ['MISSING: is in German (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in English']
0017BF33 : ['MISSING: is in German (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as RecipeBreakdown127mm) but is not in English']
0017B792 : ['MISSING: is in English (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in Italian']
0017B790 : ['MISSING: is in English (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in Italian']
0017B797 : ['MISSING: is in English (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in Italian']
0017B794 : ['MISSING: is in English (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in Italian']
0017B799 : ['MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as VFactionSquadListCodeHolder) but is not in Italian']
0017BA13 : ['MISSING: is in English (as SantiagoFX) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as SantiagoFX) but is not in Italian']
0017BCB7 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in English']
0017BCB6 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in English']
0017BCB5 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in English']
0017BCB8 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as RexBloodLegion) but is not in English']
0017BCAF : ['MISSING: is in German (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in English']
0017BCAE : ['MISSING: is in German (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in English']
0017B76B : ['MISSING: is in English (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as VESVictorMyBodyguardFaction) but is not in Italian']
0017B76F : ['MISSING: is in English (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDR) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDR) but is not in Italian']
0017B76E : ['MISSING: is in English (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in Italian']
0017B76D : ['MISSING: is in English (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as OmertaBossFaction2) but is not in Italian']
0017B78E : ['MISSING: is in English (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as DLC03EnchTeslaEffectUnique) but is not in Italian']
0017B78D : ['MISSING: is in English (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as EnchFourEyesHat) but is not in Italian']
0017B78F : ['MISSING: is in English (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject) but is not in Italian']
0017B7B9 : ['MISSING: is in English (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as SecuritronGrenadeProjectile) but is not in Italian']
0017B7B8 : ['MISSING: is in English (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as WeapShotgunSawedOffNPC) but is not in Italian']
0017BA2E : ['MISSING: is in English (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in English (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in Italian']
0017BCBC : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as HooverDamEastEnableTrigger) but is not in English']
0017BCBA : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as HooverDamWestEnableTrigger) but is not in English']
0017BCBF : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as V1ESquatterEnabler) but is not in English']
0017BF56 : ['MISSING: is in Italian (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as SecuritronGrenadeExplosion) but is not in English']

I just gave a fast look, I'll spend more time later. Anyway, I didn't get it:

IS IN language - do you mean it is missing in that language or it is present in that language?

i.e. I have Recipe127mm (the second row)

I remembered a thing: I could think that german version has more "limitations". I remember it was "non-gore", am I right? this could explain why so many effects are missing (maybe dismember effects). As it should be some censorship in japan too for the fatman, right? So some could be missing assets, but many other should be simply different base IDs. Take for example DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject, would you tell me you don't have it?

EDIT: I've just thought that "uncut" maybe means "not-censored"... so... well.

And you guys thought I was joking when I said this is all a big Bethsidian prank...

Naaa don't be so negative. Even in the worst case, I could simply do some mod for my italian mates.

Mmmh... those... 2-3 that still play NV...

Ok, you convinced me. Let's be negative.

Guest carywinton

And you guys thought I was joking when I said this is all a big Bethsidian prank...

We have definitely stumbled upon a "HUGE" oversight by their so called Q.A> Testers div. I feel it may have been bigger than I had anticipated, once all the data and such is in for a few more languages to get a more "global" perspective of the problem, I am going to see about contacting a few folks on this.

Guest carywinton

IS IN language - do you mean it is missing in that language or it is present in that language?

I remembered a thing: I could think that german version has more "limitations". I remember it was "non-gore", am I right? this could explain why so many effects are missing (maybe dismember effects). As it should be some censorship in japan too for the fatman, right? So some could be missing assets, but many other should be simply different base IDs. Take for example DummyNVIgnoresDTDRObject, would you tell me you don't have it?

Yes you are correct the standard German version was a "non- gore" edition.

I'll try to clarify, here is one entry:

0017BC96 : ['MISMATCH: is form P04CompanionFireTerminal in German but is form IncreaseHealthPermanent in Italian', 'MISSING: is in German (as P04CompanionFireTerminal) but is not in English', 'MISMATCH: is form IncreaseHealthPermanent in Italian but is form P04CompanionFireTerminal in German', 'MISSING: is in Italian (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in English']

The first number is the unique FormID, the list is keyed on this, the next comments all relate to this value.

'MISMATCH: is form P04CompanionFireTerminal in German but is form IncreaseHealthPermanent in Italian'

This means the same FormID (0017BC96), points to something named P04CompanionFireTerminal in the German game, but to something named IncreaseHealthPermanent in the Italian Game.

'MISSING: is in Italian (as IncreaseHealthPermanent) but is not in English'

This means the FormID (0017BC96) is found in the Italian game pointing IncreaseHealthPermanent, but no FormID of this value exists in the English game.

--

I should probably stop it from finding the same mismatch from both sides.