Thief in Pelagia Farm

Vancien

So after cleansing a cave of so no good bandits, outside of Whiterun, I caught a person running down the road out of the corner of my eye. To ensure it wasn't a bandit who may have been hiding and avoiding a swift end to my blade, I sprung into pursuit. As I began gaining on him, I noticed he was Khajit. His tail swaying as he ran. Approaching ever so quickly details of his armor started to take on further shape. It appeared to be Imperial. A Khajit Imperial? Something is certainly wrong with this!

Finally catching up to him I grabbed him on the shoulder. "Hey, just what is your big hurry?" "Off to an imperial meeting are we?"

He only replied with... "Need something?"

As he stood for a moment I noticed two daggers, one ebony and one elven. His boots were also elven and his helmet was a light armored head cover of the imperial legion. This guy obviously woke up on the wrong side of his wardrobe this morning. But before he left, I could tell by his stance he was a thief. Perhaps not a very good one but none the less a thief. 

Before I could attempt to question this character further he dashed onward like a cheetah down the road. Naturally I followed suit. Chasing him further down the road until her veered in to Pelagia Farm, running nearly to the farm house before stopping. Stealthily from the road I watched him. Hoping to potentially catch him in the act and do this disaster in fur a favor by ending his miserable career. 

To my surprise he has been blessed with patience and has been standing at the farm for most of the afternoon. Motionless and without intent. But I am sure he must have a motive for being there. Perhaps he wants to steal the chickens or ride off on the cow. It wouldn't surprise me with the lack of coordination on his outfit. Trade and barter apparently also isn't one of his strong suits. 

So I am curious, who is this character and where did he come from? Do you know this furred disaster? 

(( I thought it would be funny to kind of role play the story of my encounter with this guy. But really, I looked up thieves around Pelagia and found nothing. It's interesting and I've seen thieves in cities pop up to steal things and get owned by either myself or the guards. I'm curious if any of you may have encountered this cat. He's quite comical looking in his mixed outfit but very obviously only because he killed to procure his outfit. I love that randomness. It has made the immersion quite entertaining. 

Let me know if you have encountered him or other random npc thieves in Skyrim. I'm hoping to watch this guy commit a crime and get away with it before I dispatch him. Hehe. ))

The Thief

post-296926-0-33167800-1390714777_thumb.jpg

No idea. I'd look him up on the wiki if you haven't already.

I once saw a hooded figured in Riften once acting suspicious in the dead of night. When I spoke with her, she told me it was best I didn't get involved or something like that. I meant to look her up, but forgot her name. It is fun to get the sense that the game world has more going on than what you're directly playing.

Yes, he was identified as "Thief" nothing more. I thought as much. However, perhaps he was going to the farm to steal something or maybe he had already stolen something and was running away from guards? I'm not sure but it was kind of neat. I went away from him but he didn't reset. I'll return and see if he is still there. 

Guest Ragna_Rok

random encounter. usually starts coming up to you and go "gimme your money". either his ai is fucked up (by another mod?) or some of your gear is identified as "guild master armor", which alters his behaviour. (in this case you should be able to speak to him and go like "im the guildmaster, gimme my share", and he gives you like 100 coins).

the gear the "thief" uses is randomized. though most likely light and daggers.

ps: race is random too.

I'm not certain he was at all tied to the Thieves Guild. He didn't have any guild apparel on. He was only wearing the mixed matched gear that he had on. He looked more like the random thieves that I have encountered in towns. Anyway, I do think his AI was messed up as I continued on to Whiterun and later returned to find he was gone. So, perhaps he ran there to reset or something. 

I think he was a bandit on the road to high jack me on the road. Maybe I'll catch him on the road later and he won't be broken.

He's just a random thief. As a member of the thieves guild, I've seen a lot of random thieves in all sorts of clothing. Seen a thief dressed in heavy weighted armor, too - how could one thieve in that(I guess he truly couldn't, cause he was dead).

It's better this way, the more mixed up NPC's armors and clothes are, the better. I'd only expect members of guilds and affluent NPCs to be in matching armor sets from head to toe... it personally makes more sense for my immersion.

p.s. I enjoyed your write-up.

Thanks Vol,

I've encountered quite a few Thieves. Mostly around Riften. They usually appear in matching clothing though. They appear mostly to be dressed as Summerset Shadow, the Thieves guild copy cats. Bandits on the other hand always seem to have mix matched clothing. For obvious reasons as well. I don't mind it, I feel the same and like the immersion aspect. Even if he is just a thief, he appears to have a story behind him. I just wish I could witness some of it play out. I've come across different battles in the wilds. I tend to stay stealth and watch what happens. Sometimes I take sides and involve myself, sometimes not. I wish there were more encounters as such. 

Guest Ragna_Rok

Thanks Vol,

I've encountered quite a few Thieves. Mostly around Riften. They usually appear in matching clothing though. They appear mostly to be dressed as Summerset Shadow, the Thieves guild copy cats. Bandits on the other hand always seem to have mix matched clothing. For obvious reasons as well. I don't mind it, I feel the same and like the immersion aspect. Even if he is just a thief, he appears to have a story behind him. I just wish I could witness some of it play out. I've come across different battles in the wilds. I tend to stay stealth and watch what happens. Sometimes I take sides and involve myself, sometimes not. I wish there were more encounters as such. 

is there a reason why you didnt get my post before? Random enounters = got nothing to doo with the guild. the thief around riften only appears once you made some progress there. thats why hes in guild armor. every random thief does of course NOT wear guild armor... its like a sign "hey, hello guards, im a thief"

Aye, I've had this happen to me before in rorikstead, dude was wearing a really cool immersive armor I downloaded with the usual leather hood, and he was like, just chilling around the farm. The AI is just going full retard sometimes.

I still wish there was a mod out there that created this kind of characters across Skyrim, not like the Immersive Patrols or Interesting NPCs, I mean "interactive" guild members that go inside cities, steal stuff when it's dark, or like some dark brotherhood assassins lurking around, companion wannabees training in the woods, mages picking up flowers and plants in the wild ...

Guilds in Skyrim are poo. 10 members and most of them never actually do anything else than die or repeat the same shit. You never have the feeling of belonging in those really epic guilds people talk about in taverns, once you've finished the guild's quest and are outside of their headquarters it's over, you're just another asshole. 

PS : Liked your story too !

Thanks Vol,

is there a reason why you didnt get my post before? Random enounters = got nothing to doo with the guild. the thief around riften only appears once you made some progress there. thats why hes in guild armor. every random thief does of course NOT wear guild armor... its like a sign "hey, hello guards, im a thief"

Yes, I did. I was saying how most of my encounters involve thieves who look more to be part of Summerset. I realize they really don't have direct affiliation to the Thieves guild. I'd hope not at least as they get killed by the guards or other people often. Or am I misunderstanding you? 

Aye, I've had this happen to me before in rorikstead, dude was wearing a really cool immersive armor I downloaded with the usual leather hood, and he was like, just chilling around the farm. The AI is just going full retard sometimes.

I still wish there was a mod out there that created this kind of characters across Skyrim, not like the Immersive Patrols or Interesting NPCs, I mean "interactive" guild members that go inside cities, steal stuff when it's dark, or like some dark brotherhood assassins lurking around, companion wannabees training in the woods, mages picking up flowers and plants in the wild ...

Guilds in Skyrim are poo. 10 members and most of them never actually do anything else than die or repeat the same shit. You never have the feeling of belonging in those really epic guilds people talk about in taverns and shit, once you've finished the guild's quest and are outside of their headquarters it's over, you're just another asshole. 

PS : Liked your story too !

Thank Red, 

I'd like to see something like that as well. More like a random event generated where they are caught in an act and request your assistance perhaps. Something like the "To Kill an Empire" Quest where Veezara assists you at the end of the murder. Or even letters received at random requesting you follow an initiate and investigate his progress then report any mishaps back to the guild. Plenty of different options there really. 

Guest Ragna_Rok

Yes, I did. I was saying how most of my encounters involve thieves who look more to be part of Summerset. I realize they really don't have direct affiliation to the Thieves guild. I'd hope not at least as they get killed by the guards or other people often. Or am I misunderstanding you? 

yep, actually you do. theres the "random guild armor thief encounter" ... and theres the "i will butcher your ass if you dont gimme 100 coins thief encounter". 2 different types of thief-encounters.

yep, actually you do. theres the "random guild armor thief encounter" ... and theres the "i will butcher your ass if you dont gimme 100 coins thief encounter". 2 different types of thief-encounters.

Trying to rob the Guild Master? I think that will certainly put a damper on their reputation should they even live to talk about it. lol

Archived