[Request] Estrus traps

Mud

Would someone be able to modify the traps in Skyrim to cast Estrus effects when they hit someone, or teach me how I could attach Estrus triggers to them? I tried to study Estrus, Estrus Chaurus, and Estrus Mimic to learn how to do so, but I couldn't figure anything out since a lot of the effects and triggers seemed to be controlled by scripts.

Specifically, I was thinking of things like:

- Dart traps spring an effect on whoever they hit

- Spiked wall traps trigger a machine/etc. effect if the target survives

- Spear traps cause a machine/etc. effect if the target survives

- Falmer claw traps cause a tentacle effect if the target survives

- Dwemer claw traps cause a machine/etc. effect if the target survives

Not sure if would work:

- Magic-casting pedestals cast tentacle effects instead of offensive magic (they might keep on firing at the target and causing issues?)

- Flamethrower traps cast an Estrus spell instead (can you even mess with the Flames they spew out?)

Persistent traps like swinging blades and propeller blades would probably kill the player and cause issues, so those are out, and I figured swinging maces and battering rams are a tad too primitive in design.

Why would a random sex machine/tentacle monster appear when a simple mechanical trap is triggered? How is a modern-looking sex machine at all related to an ancient Nordic ruin that one would exist there?

This idea just doesn't make any sense as suggested. What you ought to do is make new traps designed to work thematically with these devices/creatures and implement those somehow. Estrus Chaurus, as silly as it is, at least kind of thematically related to its vehicle. Maybe a Dwemer gas trap gasses the player to render them momentarily helpless then brings out the dwemer sex machine for the follow-up? Maybe you could make pools of purplish goo on the ground like the oil slicks that, when stepped on, conjure the Estrus tentacles for a one-shot rape?

C'mon, if you're gonna refuse to create anything for yourself and be an idea person instead, at least be a good idea person. I should know, I'm an expert on not contributing. Except for when I do. Which is very very rare.

Because this isn't meant to make sense. It's simply intended to give Estrus a greater presence in a game, because trying to use it offensively in a combat situation makes it much too overpowered unless you were to give the shout an extremely long cooldown (and therefore gimp it in the for-fun department) and giving more enemies the effect a la Estrus Chaurus will quickly make it more irritating than sexy, as well as cause potential conflicts with other combat mods.

Making traps that trigger Estrus is not a new idea by any means. If someone was motivated to make such a mod, they'd already have done so, are doing so, or plan to eventually do so. How much more work would creating all-new traps be? How much time and effort would it take to create new assets, new effects, and populate the game with them for maximum compatibility? A project like that would be on an entirely different level than attaching Estrus effects to resources that are already there. And those kinds of requests don't go anywhere as a result. I'm not asking for something of that scale. All I want is a way to inject Estrus into more of the game.

Because this isn't meant to make sense. It's simply intended to give Estrus a greater presence in a game, because trying to use it offensively in a combat situation makes it much too overpowered unless you were to give the shout an extremely long cooldown (and therefore gimp it in the for-fun department) and giving more enemies the effect a la Estrus Chaurus will quickly make it more irritating than sexy, as well as cause potential conflicts with other combat mods.

Making traps that trigger Estrus is not a new idea by any means. If someone was motivated to make such a mod, they'd already have done so, are doing so, or plan to eventually do so. How much more work would creating all-new traps be? How much time and effort would it take to create new assets, new effects, and populate the game with them for maximum compatibility? A project like that would be on an entirely different level than attaching Estrus effects to resources that are already there. And those kinds of requests don't go anywhere as a result. I'm not asking for something of that scale. All I want is a way to inject Estrus into more of the game.

I think most of us would like tentacle traps :D

Current traps in vanilla skyrim are quite dull and easy to dodge. It's interesting to have a chance for a chest when you unlock it or open it to spring open a trap and tentacles come out and rape your character.

Look at FuroTrap for Oblivion.

Current traps in vanilla skyrim are quite dull and easy to dodge. It's interesting to have a chance for a chest when you unlock it or open it to spring open a trap and tentacles come out and rape your character.

I think most of us would like tentacle traps :D

Look at FuroTrap for Oblivion.

The chest thing actually exists now. Look for Estrus Mimic, it gives a console-configurable chance for every non-quest, non-house, non-boss chest to instead be empty and trigger an Estrus tentacle rape on your character.

The flip side of the dull and easy thing, though, is that it's not so much a "trap" as it is just a thing that randomly happens with no way to detect and avoid.

Doing this for the vanilla skyrim dungeons would be very weird, I really don't see how you can integrate it. It would be better to create a brand new tentacle dungeon for this (not very hard to do, you just have to retexture vanilla cave meshes in the CK with textures from estrus or cursed armor mod (from oblivion) which had a place like this). Then you can just pretend It's some king of daedric realm.

I agree, as a replacement in Nordic ruins that doesn't make much sense.

But as new traps to set in swamps and falmer/chaurus areas that would fit nicely.

If I had to do that I would start with looking at ground runes and customizing them to either cast the estrus spell or better, spit chair us venom with Estrus Chaurus.

Customize the runes texture to make it blend with the ground and you should be all set.

Again, the idea isn't to make sense. Estrus itself doesn't really make sense in the game to begin with.

New traps and a new dungeon just for these effects defeats the purpose of the request - to make Estrus occur more often in my game without player action required and nothing else, nothing too complicated that could require significant dev time. Customizing rune traps would only affect an incredibly small number of dungeons, a new dungeon just for the traps misses the point entirely, and new trap placements require manual editing of every dungeon in Skyrim to accomplish that purpose.

As you'll notice, the topic is also a call to ask someone to help me learn how to do this myself, because I'm fully aware this isn't exactly the most elegant implementation of Estrus in a game. I want to be able to do this myself, but I've already tried and failed.

In that case, the easiest way to add more Estrus to your game is to use Estrus Chaurus and  replace magic effects of traps or some other creatures (like spiders) by the Chaurus Spit effect. You can also consider adding the spit effect as a secondary magic effect of spells used by some of those traps.

I'm sure plenty of players would prefer it to make sense : ) Oblivion offered a nice context for this kind of things with the deadlands, which unfortunately aren't present anymore in skyrim. Perhaps we could create a new one useable by the community to implement their creations (like this one, which is not perfect but avaible as a modder ressource btw : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33125/?) .
Of course, if you don't care about story and logic you can just make it happen randomly, but that's really not my thing (and I 'm not sure that estrus doesn't make sense in a story with plenty of evil daedric princes (there is even a "king of rape") always looking for ways to torment the mortals. It just doesn't make sense in a dwemer or nordic ruin^^).

I'm sure plenty of players would prefer it to make sense : ) Oblivion offered a nice context for this kind of things with the deadlands, which unfortunately aren't present anymore in skyrim. Perhaps we could create a new one useable by the community to implement their creations (like this one, which is not perfect but avaible as a modder ressource btw : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33125/?) .

Of course, if you don't care about story and logic you can just make it happen randomly, but that's really not my thing (and I 'm not sure that estrus doesn't make sense in a story with plenty of evil daedric princes (there is even a "king of rape") always looking for ways to torment the mortals. It just doesn't make sense in a dwemer or nordic ruin^^).

As I explained previously, although that would be the best choice such an endeavor would be on an entirely different scale, and as the idea of making traps that trigger Estrus is nowhere close to being an original idea, to hope for such a thing to come out of merely repeating the idea as a request is a long shot, to put it lightly. (And the part about it not making sense was referring to the fact that it's given to the player as a spell which not only spawns unholy demonspawn with an affection for orifices but also spontaneous torture devices and whatnot, not that the concept could not be made "fitting" within the game world by some stretch)

Attaching the effect to existing traps would essentially automatically populate all of the game's dungeons with Estrus effects without needing to go and edit everything and cause potential conflicts, as well as make it so the effects are both detectable and avoidable. Being that there is no "true" Estrus trap mod available, a hack job like this is the next best option.

The only problem with using Estrus Chaurus as a base is that Chaurus Spit only triggers tentacle animations, correct? As far as I know I'd need to fuddle around with the scripts to trigger the other ones. Which leads me back to the problem that created this topic, I couldn't quite work something out with them.

Actually that's not accurate - not even close. Skyrim does have its own version of Deadlands for this kind of context. I could totally see Estrus happening in Apocrypha whenever you opened one of those organic pod containers. I mean the entire world there is make up of tentacles! Would be really cool if we could the same textures used by the Apocrypha on to the Estrus Tentacles even.

On a side note, does anyone know why LoversLab won't allow you to copy/past in its replies anymore? Very annoying to have to go look up the correct spelling for Apocrypha and then not be able to simply copy it in. LoversLab been having this problem for a while now and I know its not my computer because I can copy/past into all the other internet forums just fine . . .

Yeah, that's Estrus Mimic, which I mentioned. It's not really what I'm going for though, because that's not really a "trap" you can avoid and get punished (or rather, "punished") for messing up and triggering.

Yeah, that's Estrus Mimic, which I mentioned. It's not really what I'm going for though, because that's not really a "trap" you can avoid and get punished (or rather, "punished") for messing up and triggering.

Source files for mimic are included, it looks like it just adds a trigger to opening of chests by calling spells from Estrus itself (no source included).

It could probably be either altered, or rewritten to apply to traps instead.

Just need a brave modder . . .

• 1 month later...

be mindful of modifying estrus mimic i had an issue where 1 out of every 10 times i click on a *trapped* chest my game crashes. although that very well could have been an issue with a mod that replaced locks and picks because i would randomly get a ctd when activating a locked door to unlock as well. I have gotten rid of that mod and started a new installation of skyrim but haven't found and *trapped* chests yet. currently set at default 4% or a 1 in 25 chance.

Archived