Trying to import SK's Berserk armor, help

roy12

So, today I've lost all day trying to import the armor in the game.

Funny thing is, it worked the first time, following this guide. However, it had a lot of clipping to fix. Okay, I went and fixed it and tried re-exporting. Everything went (seemingly) well.

I finish the process of "fixing" the nif so it works in Skyrim, but then, Skyrim flips me off with this crap. Basically, the armor doesn't move at all. It's static.

I've tried clearing the parent and reparenting, reimporting the skeleton in Blender and all of that like 5 times already. I don't know what else to do.

Already tried every sanitize settings in NifSkope too. Nothing.

Here's the Blend file in case anyone wants to check it and has any idea of what's going on.

Thanks.

I've only done Blender/NifSkope in Oblivion. Assuming it's consistent with Skyrim, this is what I would test:

1.) Start from scratch (preferably). Obviously, delete all the extra crap, like the starting block and light.

2.) Import the armor.

3.) Before importing the skeleton, make sure you hit the 'A' key to select everything, then import the skeleton.

4.) Then once you do, independently select each part of the armor and to the far-right bottom column under "modifiers" select "add modifier" then select "armature." A new column appears underneath. Type in "Scene Root" without quotes in the 0b: section. Do this for every armor piece.

5.) Select everything with 'A' key, then export.

It looks like the skeleton may be one of the .hkv files, but I have no clue how to open or import those to test it for myself, so try it with whatever method you know how to get the skeleton to work.

The only thing I haven't tried is using the actual skeleton (which is another nif) instead of using the skeleton one of the armors is using. But it should be the same so I really don't think that might be the case (the armor I'm using the skeleton from has more weights than the one I'm trying to import, so it should be ok since the unused bones always get erased on export). I was thinking that maybe I'm missing something, and I was wondering if anyone who has succesfully imported an armor from oblivion into skyrim has had this problem solved.

The only thing I haven't tried is using the actual skeleton (which is another nif) instead of using the skeleton one of the armors is using. But it should be the same so I really don't think that might be the case (the armor I'm using the skeleton from has more weights than the one I'm trying to import' date=' so it should be ok since the unused bones always get erased on export). I was thinking that maybe I'm missing something, and I was wondering if anyone who has succesfully imported an armor from oblivion into skyrim has had this problem solved.

[/quote']

I've ported several oblivion armors for use in my armor replacer, so it certainly is possible. Tell me every step you took and I will tell you what you left out or forgot. Judging by ur last screenshot ur partitions are wrong. that guide was based off of the video I made so Im sure I can help you

I took SK's armor, and since it was already weighted, I just copied the weight names from the vanilla Skyrim one to the Berserk armor. For example, if it was called "Bip R.Foot" in Oblivion, I took the name the right foot weight had in the Skyrim vanilla armor and pasted it over the weight. Afterwards I had to divide the twist upper/forearm weights into two because skyrim uses 2 twists for each.

Then I had to move the arms so they were in the same position as the arms in vanilla armors (I figured it wouldn't work otherwise). At the end, I just parented the armor with the renamed weights to the Vanilla armor Skeleton.

All of this worked the first time, as you could see in the first screenshot, but there was a lot of clipping since the armor wasn't made with Skyrim bodies in mind, however it moved correctly.

I decided it was time to move some vertices and stuff so it fit. I did so, without adding or removing any verts because I know that breaks the weighting. I scaled and grabbed a lot, but that supposedly shouldn't break the weights.

When I use pose mode in Blender, moving any bone moves the part it's supposed to move along with it correctly. So I really don't understand why it isn't moving at all in the game...

I took SK's armor' date=' and since it was already weighted, I just copied the weight names from the vanilla Skyrim one to the Berserk armor. For example, if it was called "Bip R.Foot" in Oblivion, I took the name the right foot weight had in the Skyrim vanilla armor and pasted it over the weight. Afterwards I had to divide the twist upper/forearm weights into two because skyrim uses 2 twists for each.

Then I had to move the arms so they were in the same position as the arms in vanilla armors (I figured it wouldn't work otherwise). At the end, I just parented the armor with the renamed weights to the Vanilla armor Skeleton.

All of this worked the first time, as you could see in the first screenshot, but there was a lot of clipping since the armor wasn't made with Skyrim bodies in mind, however it moved correctly.

I decided it was time to move some vertices and stuff so it fit. I did so, without adding or removing any verts because I know that breaks the weighting. I scaled and grabbed a lot, but that supposedly shouldn't break the weights.

When I use pose mode in Blender, moving any bone moves the part it's supposed to move along with it correctly. So I really don't understand why it isn't moving at all in the game...

[/quote']

Send me the nif and I will look at it and tell you what's wrong. You would have been better of just doing a bone weight copy. U might want to try that

I did try the bone weight copy script' date=' but it ends up having most stuff wrong (specially the head, since the neck section of the armor is a bit complex). Up there I've left the .blend ready to export, so you might be able to find something wrong with it that way.

Here's a nif with the problem too: http://www.mediafire.com/?4vjdnl7dna635wa

[/quote']

i looked at both the nif and the blend file, and literally i could not find a single thing wrong with them. import the head and the male body, join them together, and do a bone weight copy from that, redo the partitions, then fix any weighting you need to fix manually with weight paint. Thats what i have done on all my conversion and never had a single problem. ur problem looks to be weight related. for whatever reason its not recognizing the weights. try that and i bet it will work

So' date=' redid it again, and yet again it doesn't want to work at all.

Erased every weight, copied the weights from the male body with the script, edited some weights manually, parented the skeleton and then I just exported.

Here's everything again: http://www.mediafire.com/?x0jr166wpfb1a2u

[/quote']

Ill take a look at it tommorow when I get home. Did u parent the skeleton in blender or importt the skeleton as import the skeleton with parent selected? If you didn't, try that

Ill take a look at it tommorow when I get home. Did u parent the skeleton in blender or importt the skeleton as import the skeleton with parent selected? If you didn't' date=' try that

[/quote']

Tried that just now, with the actual Skeleton.nif. from Skyrim.

Nothing. Same problem.

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out this was very stupid, I changed the name of the root to Scene Root (strange because vanilla meshes have it set to the nif name), changed the name of the meshes to something different (I doubt it had anything to do with this) and copied the LightingShader from an actual armor, I was copying it from a weapon, although that's supposed to have nothing to do with rigging. Anyways I don't really mind, it works now. Thanks for the help!

Ill take a look at it tommorow when I get home. Did u parent the skeleton in blender or importt the skeleton as import the skeleton with parent selected? If you didn't' date=' try that

[/quote']

Tried that just now, with the actual Skeleton.nif. from Skyrim.

Nothing. Same problem.

I will take a second look tommorow when I get home. Ill try to get it working from scratch

So, I got the armor working as I said in the last post. But I don't know what I'm going to do with the gauntlets. They do work in-game in the sense that they get animated and the fingers move correctly. But the actual shape of the gauntlets is a mess. What do you guys do to workaround gauntlets when they're shaped differently to the skeleton? Since I suppose it does that because the skeleton is not well alignet.

Can I just move the skeleton bones? If so, how do I make sure they will work?

Thanks for the help so far.

So' date=' I got the armor working as I said in the last post. But I don't know what I'm going to do with the gauntlets. They do work in-game in the sense that they get animated and the fingers move correctly. But the actual shape of the gauntlets is a mess. What do you guys do to workaround gauntlets when they're shaped differently to the skeleton? Since I suppose it does that because the skeleton is not well alignet.

Can I just move the skeleton bones? If so, how do I make sure they will work?

Thanks for the help so far.

[/quote']

Glad you got it working! For the gauntlets I would just reshape them to fit the skeleton, that's what I've been doing for mine.

Tried doing it but really, it keeps looking completely messed up ingame even though I copied the bones from the vanilla hands after aligning the hands the best I could with the skeleton. When I upload it someone else can go and mess with the gauntlets, I've always hated having to work with hands or feet because of this.

• 2 months later...

If I was any good with meshes I'd be interested in helping, but...well, I use this example because it's hilarious. I tried making a sphere for a mod in New Vegas once. After days of work, my end result was a sphere that floated above where it sat according to the engine, and was only solid when you got to the very center. OTL

Archived