Yeah im the same, i stoped playing skyrim a week ago, honestly i was hoping for more progress from them...there is too much oblivion/fallout deja vu for me, i was also in the middle of the main quest and got bored.

I wont play it untill ck is out, but since im eagerly waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur to come in february, might happen i wont play it at all.

I haven't bought Skyrim yet. Eager to play and heard good things...(other than it having no challenge like most games nowadays) . I'm waiting for a few more mods and mainly the construction set so I can do my own. I was planning on waiting for the GoTY edition but as mods are coming out I'm starting to think I won't be able to wait that long. Especially if the sex mods come out earlier than I think they will. Doubtful that'll happen...but I guess we'll see.

Skyrim is keeping me pretty busy, apart for some new animations i hardly play any fallout, oblivion is history now, i don't have the disc anymore.

i never played morrowind, i do have morrowind still but i got it at the same time as oblivion, way back when i was still at wolflore. whne i install morrowind i could not bare the graphics so un-installed it. and never tried it again.

As for skyrim, so far it looks to blow any previous bethesda game away vanilla wise. i always play vanilla game fully before even result to modding, since that spoils anything vanilla wise. it's like using god mode and play through a game. you will lose many real enjoyments the maker has created for you. if there is no challenge crank up difficulty levels that will keep you busy for some time.

I'd suggest re-evaluating Morrowind Donkey. It is an excellent game, it's just that the graphics are hopeless. You NEED Better Bodies, a graphics replacer or two, some mesh replacers and the executable patch, and maybe MWGE.

Then it puts Oblivion to shame in many ways.

I'm with Donkey on this one. Although I still don't have Skyrim yet, once I do start playing it I'll most likely play it in vanilla mode first as much as possible. Or at the very least, I'll try to get through the main campaign in its original, vanilla form. Only then will I start getting into the whole modding thing.

Aside from the fact that I know they'll be releasing a GoTY edition for Skyrim (which will most likely be the same price as the original retail version, thus saving me money), I had a feeling mods for the game won't peak its maturity level until many months or close to a year from now. I hear lots of mods surfacing, yes, but none of them have come to that point yet of what's being offered to Oblivion, for example. Knowing this ahead of time is one of the main reasons why I haven't bought Skyrim yet.

Waiting til Skyrim is in the bargain bin.

By then,

1. All the kinks will have been worked out and patches made for it

2. The CS will be available and used

3. Mods will be available for it

4. Community support will be available

I don't want to have another "Oblivion" experience where I suffered for months because the game was broken and no one had a fix for the issues that were causing me to hate the game until a year later.

When I play Skyrim I want it to be as fun as playing Oblivion is for me now.

I played through the game once, did most of the side quests (I think) as a pure destro mage.... then a friend of mine pointed out that destro isn't meant to be played as a main spec since it's ridiculously weak compared to other schools/melee/bow type gameplay so I tried a new game with a melee char and ditched it about 2 hours into the game since it was too easy and boring.

Since then all I'm doing with Skyrim is trying out mods as they come and waiting for CK.

Dual playing at the moment. Skyrim doesn't need the disc in so I'm swapping between Skyrim and Oblivion every so often for variety and because I miss modding.

Morrowind was/is a much more engaging experience than Oblivion, but needs heavy modding. Skyrim recaptures a bit of the Morrowind magic.

Skyrim has already gone on discount sale in my town! Price dropped to £25 (c30 euros) from £30+ after only a month, with well-stocked shelves, (I was trawling for a 2/hand NewVegas yesterday, no luck), so maybe sales aren't up to expectations.

I realy like what they have done with the game. The graphics are great, the dungeons actually seen to be diverse... not the same dungeon over and over again with different creatures. AND, they seem to have put some thought into the treasures. Not so much picking a master lock only to get 3 gp.... not so much anyway.

Big pisser is I can not assign any keys to the number pad. I'm somewhat bored with the Elder Scrolls universe. Same ol' creatures ect. But I am appreciative of the fact that there are some new critters. It's just the same ol' stuff that I've seen since the Elder Scrolls began that I find kinda droll.

I haven't seen anything that allows you to create your own spells. Destruction is kinda handy for random encounters on the road but they suck against higher level critters. I found it best to advance in armory or blacksmithing, whatever it's called so you can make legendary gear, then focus on enchantment. When you make your own obsidian bow with two damage enchantments on it, it is FAR better than any destruction spell you could cast. Then you focus on getting damage bonuses using sneak.

The Shouts are an interesting aspect. But not realy that practical. I seldom use them.

To make magic at the very least somewhat practical, I used the console to up my magicka to around 400. Considering how weak the spells are and costly to maagick, It's really not worth investing in destruction spells unless you give yourself a little bonus.

All in all, Bethesda has surprised me by coming out with an interesting game. I say this because their other games only got interesting, for me anyway, with the help of mods. And I know Skyrim will far more interesting when the CS is released. I see alot of possibilities here.

Admittedly, I played more in the first three days after launch, than I did for the last month. I have nothing against the game, in fact I love it. But when it comes down to it, open world RPGs like Skyrim and Oblivion don't seem to burn that hot for me. They tend to smolder for a year or two. Something with a strong story, like Mass Effect or Dragon Age will consume every second of my free time, but I just don't feel that way about Skyrim :\

Things will probably change after it gets its second wind from the CK.

I'd suggest re-evaluating Morrowind Donkey. It is an excellent game' date=' it's just that the graphics are hopeless. You NEED Better Bodies, a graphics replacer or two, some mesh replacers and the executable patch, and maybe MWGE.

Then it puts Oblivion to shame in many ways.

[/quote']

That is the whole point right there.. Without mods that game is pretty useless. i don't play game first with mods active remember ?? I will always play a through with 0 mods active. if i find the is pretty bad vanilla wise, it's gone of my pc for good..

I have seen some mods on nexus or other places but even with high-res textures, npc looks way to blocky to even be called npc.

I threw in the towel when all the new patches started coming out that were causing various problems. I was already at a saturation point so that just gave me a good excuse to put the game down for a little while. The game is a lot of fun and I can see dumping another 200+ hours into it easily, I just want to wait for them to iron out the kinks, fix the broken quests, spice up the world with some more dlc, and wait for the CK to come out to really start seeing some unique mods.

There is just a point in the game that the experience becomes flat. I found that i wasn't coming across any new gear, enemies, or unique locations and I was able to start killing everything with a few arrows. Whenever I got to that point in Oblivion I would just load up a new mod and breath some fresh life into the game. Once I see user made quests and armor popping up in force then I'll jump back in.

That is the whole point right there.. Without mods that game is pretty useless. i don't play game first with mods active remember ??

Ah, I understand. Yes, I ran Morrowind without mods for about 2 minutes when I first got it to check it worked. I ran Oblivion to get through the Starter Dungeon to check it worked.

Then I poured the mods on. Old hand! (grin).

I agree too.. I'm just kinda running around doing odd quests or just scoping out the land, spend more of my time trying to figure out enhanced shaders mod and how much skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs I should be tweaking..

I can hardly wait till the ck comes out.. The body mods and weapon/armor mods are really gonna shine.. And thanks to this site I can watch how my favorite modders are doing..

If it wasn't for the talents of modders I would wait till this game was in the cheap bin before I bought it.. kinda pissed me off when they delayed the kit. I still think they made this game with consoles in mind more than the pc..(graphics and interface restrictions)

200 hours in' date=' still no regrets.

[/quote']

Same and Agreed :D haha

Damn it! I have to stop playing this game! I haven't even touched Dark Souls or Arkham City in weeks! And I just got CEA yesterday and have yet to try it out!

Something about these openly world games keeps drawing me in, and never letting go. I haven't played a bit due to real life obligations, and these AMAZING steals on steam are killing me, but Skyrim is still managing to keep me in. I find it hard sometimes to believe that I'm playing this game. I keep wondering if I'll wake up from my chair and start playing Oblivion again just waiting for the release of skyrim. But it's awesome how it's actually real.

Dual playing at the moment. Skyrim doesn't need the disc in so I'm swapping between Skyrim and Oblivion every so often for variety and because I miss modding.

Morrowind was/is a much more engaging experience than Oblivion' date=' but needs heavy modding. Skyrim recaptures a bit of the Morrowind magic.

Skyrim has already gone on discount sale in my town! Price dropped to £25 (c30 euros) from £30+ after only a month, with well-stocked shelves, (I was trawling for a 2/hand NewVegas yesterday, no luck), so maybe sales aren't up to expectations.

[/quote']

I would have to agree, I find my self going back to morrowind a lot. It had a certain somthing, I do miss the loversPK that Oblivion has, and skyrim is losing its luster. I am sure this will change once the modding starts, but right now it has become..Passe

I am still playing Skyrim, its just the limbo not only of the CS, but will we be able to do all we want with it. How restrictive are they going to be.. Its like Christmas and you keep wondering if Santa will be able to afford that special toy you wanted so bad. Or will you get something else that you really were not that hip on.

Its like Christmas and you keep wondering if Santa will be able to afford that special toy you wanted so bad. Or will you get something else that you really were not that hip on.

I really hope it's the former. Aside from expecting the GoTY edition, it's the lack of mods that really prevent me form getting Skyrim now. And I fear that the direction Bethesda is taking this is that we will be limited with our modding abilities. And even if they give us a full-featured CS and whatnot, I feel like we're being "watched" with what we upload, so that pretty much rules out anything sexy-related. Which, of course, defeats the purpose and goes against what LoversLab is all about.