FNIS cannot find creature's pack with Mod Organizer

wizek1d

So I can't get FNIS to generate the files for custom creature animations. 

FNIS Log 

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   1/17/2014 11:50:27 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution ...
Reading zzEstrus ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Creature Pack not installed

1548 animations for 7 mods successfully included (characters)
 1 Warning(s).

Using FNIS Creature Pack 4.1, Mod Organizer v1.0.12

There's no need to install FNIS to your data folder to use it with MO, however you need to start FNIS through MO so FNIS has the impression that all those mods are installed and in your data folder.

It's somewhat unintuitive how to execute third party programs with MO, here's the tutorial: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Third_Party_Programs

Do you have FNIS' Creature Pack installed? It's under "Optional files" on the Nexus; without it FNIS doesn't support creatures.

Install fnis and the creature pack directly to your data directory and then run fnis for users as an executable through mod organizer.

Tried this, didn't work either. 

There's no need to install FNIS to your data folder to use it with MO, however you need to start FNIS through MO so FNIS has the impression that all those mods are installed and in your data folder.

It's somewhat unintuitive how to execute third party programs with MO, here's the tutorial: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Third_Party_Programs

Do you have FNIS' Creature Pack installed? It's under "Optional files" on the Nexus; without it FNIS doesn't support creatures.

Yes, FNIS Creature Pack is installed, FNIS simply does not detect it if I run it through MO. 

Did you ever hit deinstall creatures? If so you will have to completely remove creature pack from mo and readd it from the original file you downloaded.

I don't recall ever pressing that button. I just tried it right now and re-added the creature pack to MO, still not working. 

• 5 months later...

Try this solution, by installing FNiS + Creature Pack directly into the games data dir.

Huh, guess this worked. I missed disabling FNIS in MO when I did this the first time. 

What exactly does everyone mean by "disabling FNIS" in Mod Organizer? Are you un-checking the mod for the spells or what?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Try this solution, by installing FNiS + Creature Pack directly into the games data dir.

Huh, guess this worked. I missed disabling FNIS in MO when I did this the first time. 

What exactly does everyone mean by "disabling FNIS" in Mod Organizer? Are you un-checking the mod for the spells or what?

Yea, I don't get this either. How do you disable FNIS in MO?

The old suggestion, i linked, is no longer working.

Here's the new method, based on the latest version of MO and FNiS:

1. install FNiS in MO;
  2. activate the installed FNiS mod;
  3. copy or move the tools folder from the installed FNiS mod into the games data folder;
  4. navigate to MOs Data-tab;
  5. there locate Tools\GenerateFNiS_for_Users;
  6. right click GenerateFNiSforUsers.exe and choose "add as application" (or w/e it's called in english);
  7. make sure your Overwrite folder is empty;
  8. run FNiS from the shortcut you just created in MO;
  9. after FNiS is done and closed, new files should be in your overwrite folder, so right click the Overwrite folder (in MO ofc);
  10. click on "create mod" and name it so you know anytime what this is (best to include the profile name in the mod name, so you can have multiple FNiS profiles, based on the used profile);
  11. make sure the new mod is located as low as possible in the list of installed mods and activate it;
  12. play the game;
  13. Profit???

if you want to install the creature animation as well, don't make those a new mod, but install them into the already existing FNiS mod, choosing "merge" when asked.

And if you update FNiS, don't forget to update the tools folder inside the games data folder as well. (installing the creature animations counts as update)

Running FNiS again:

1. deactivate the mod that was previously created for FNiS from the overwrite folder;
  2. make sure the overwrite folder is empty;
  3. run FNiS, let it finish and then close it;
  4. right click the mod that was previously created for FNiS from the overwrite folder;
  5. choose "open in explorer";
  6. delete it's contents;
  7. double click the overwrite folder and drag&drop it's contents into the open explorer window you just cleared;
  8. make again sure the mod with the generated files is located as low as possible in the list of installed mods and activate it;
  9. play the game again;
  10. Even more profit???
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I can't get FNIS to generate the files for custom creature animations. 

FNIS Log 

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   1/17/2014 11:50:27 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution ...
Reading zzEstrus ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Creature Pack not installed

1548 animations for 7 mods successfully included (characters)
 1 Warning(s).

Using FNIS Creature Pack 4.1, Mod Organizer v1.0.12

Have you tried placing Finis and finis creatures pack last in the load order seems to have fixed this for me.

• 3 months later...

I have the same Problem, but none of the solutions that appaerantly worked for you guys works for me.
I even followed the step by step plan by CGi. (twice)
But i could not find out why it is not working.

FNIS refuses to acknowledge the Creature Packs' existence although it even displays the "Reading FNISCreatureVersion ..." line in it's log.

EDIT: It would probably help, if i even knew what causes FNIS to not recognise it's own creature pack. Does anyone know that?

EDIT2: Fixed the problem, although i do not know how exactly.

• 6 months later...

Just replying/bumping this thread, as it was one of the first results on a googlesearch, and helped me fix my issue.

I had several "mistakes" where the modprio in ModOrganizer was wrong, making the loadorder mess up. Furtherly, the FNIS Creature Pack insisted on installing under the same name as FNIS, overwriting the FNIS mod.

In summary, what fixed stuff for me, was googlefriend and common sense. Check loadorder, and pay the fuck attention/read the dialogboxes.

Thank you to the helpful replies in this thread.

• 6 months later...

Brumping thread having same problem...  tried several suggestions but no luck.  I'm very familiar with modding fallout series games. 

First I've seem alot of yelling about MO mod organizer, and I'm using nexus mod manager.  I'm not planning to install hundreds of mods, nmm was the first thing I came across, and it seems to be fairly easy to navigate.  I may change if I have to rebuild all this from the ground up and a clean install.

SO "creature pack not installed"

ALSO it's disturbing that FNIS is not finding my xp32 skeleton in available patches.  It shows a list of standard patches that must come with it but non of my patches.  I am just running basic install instructions via FNIS page. 

Just a bit of common sense makes me think the Generator isn't looking in the right place.  The file path :

Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Users\Minion\Desktop\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Full Game+DLC-=AviaRa=-\  (perhaps it needs one more into the /data folder where meshes and .esp's are???)

If i have to burn it all down to start from the ground up I will.  Jumping into a world of mods is such a jigsaw puzzle.  I had alot of other mods active and in no real order but game ran but "scarcrow" stiff animations brought me to examine FNIS closer and I'm stumped. 

Well, maybe using a legal copy of the game would help - see Rule 6.

"Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Users\Minion\Desktop\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Full Game+DLC-=AviaRa=-\ "  is a huge clue that you a running a pirate version.

"Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Users\Minion\Desktop\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Full Game+DLC-=AviaRa=-\ "  is a huge clue that you a running a pirate version.

Yes it is a pirate version, however I am not providing piracy and no not intend to, furthermore i was not requesting help with piracy, at least not that I was aware of.  When modding Fallout I ran into many early problems with the steam version and ended up doing it all a second time.  Skyrim seems much more complicated in terms of the Jigsaw of interlocking dependency of mods, and animation generation.   I've little interest in playing though the game without some specific mods.  If I cant get the mods to work or if it's too complicated for even the all important FNIS to work why would I want to buy the game? 

It is important to note that this version of the game is

v1.9.32.0

and not the latest

Not that the .8 version is not available out there, but I've had my version from long ago and just recently got a system capable of playing Skyrim at max settings.  There are many mods that do require .8 but I'm only interested in testing my basic ability first.  (that's why im not afraid to "burn it down" to rebuild my mod list because I plan to, but only if i can.)

I'm sorry if I've offended you, as I read it I'm not breaking any rules.  I'm simply asking for help with the plumbing in a house and you direct me to a problem with the bank.  This thread is the top google search result for this problem, and I personally haven't found a solution.  I can guess what your solution is and getting the latest version of the game may fix it, also reinstalling this version and undoing all my monkey work may fix it as well.  Some mods state that they will not work with my current version of the game, but I consider this basic framework and should be compatible, but I am no expert!  Obviously.  

So, Sir expert,  What is your advice? 

I'm not afraid to buy the game, but I don't have three weeks to spend trying to mod this beast.  As an avid Fallout and New Vegas modder, Skyrim is very different!  90% of fallout was drag and drop!  This is just scratching the surface of mods, I haven't even gotten to the ones that will cause a crash. 

Yes it is a pirate version, however I am not providing piracy and no not intend to, furthermore i was not requesting help with piracy, at least not that I was aware of.  When modding Fallout I ran into many early problems with the steam version and ended up doing it all a second time.  Skyrim seems much more complicated in terms of the Jigsaw of interlocking dependency of mods, and animation generation.   I've little interest in playing though the game without some specific mods.  If I cant get the mods to work or if it's too complicated for even the all important FNIS to work why would I want to buy the game? 

And we have little interest in helping someone who pirated the game.

Gamerpoet has a tut on YouTube about that,

Basically you would run FNIS from the directory that it is placed in as a File Administrator the first time only, and no not too actually do the installation of the files...See after that you would then just run it again normally through the MO extension.

Of course you could just look up GamerPoet on YouTube and see that there is an enormous amount of support for Mod Organizer and everything has been well thought out and explained in detail with slow and easy to understand/follow video support.

It is important to note that this version of the game is

v1.9.32.0

and not the latest

Not that the .8 version is not available out there, but I've had my version from long ago and just recently got a system capable of playing Skyrim at max settings.  There are many mods that do require .8 but I'm only interested in testing my basic ability first.  (that's why im not afraid to "burn it down" to rebuild my mod list because I plan to, but only if i can.)

I'm sorry if I've offended you, as I read it I'm not breaking any rules.  I'm simply asking for help with the plumbing in a house and you direct me to a problem with the bank.  This thread is the top google search result for this problem, and I personally haven't found a solution.  I can guess what your solution is and getting the latest version of the game may fix it, also reinstalling this version and undoing all my monkey work may fix it as well.  Some mods state that they will not work with my current version of the game, but I consider this basic framework and should be compatible, but I am no expert!  Obviously.  

So, Sir expert,  What is your advice? 

I'm not afraid to buy the game, but I don't have three weeks to spend trying to mod this beast.  As an avid Fallout and New Vegas modder, Skyrim is very different!  90% of fallout was drag and drop!  This is just scratching the surface of mods, I haven't even gotten to the ones that will cause a crash. 

My advice ... Too fucking bad.  Read Rule 6 AGAIN

Archived