How do I FNIS w/Mod Organizer

JayTongue

I have no idea what I am doing and I need assistance as usual. Dealing with FNIS and I am wondering a few things, should I install it through Mod Organizer, do it manually, or does it not matter?

When I installed through MO and accessed the data tab the option to "Add as Executable" didn't come up when I right clicked on GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, only the option to Refresh or Write to File. I did it the other way and after I updated the FNIS behavior I got a warning telling me I have files in my overwrite mod. Is this an issue I should be concerned about or can I just ignore it and go on with my day installing animations?

I went through the download and installation process manually. I setup the folder with FNIS Behavior and FNIS Idle Spells and put it in the Skyrim > Data directory as seen here. Now that I'm looking at the folder I'm not sure I did it correctly. I think I should have merged the Data folder in the custom folder I made with the Skyrim Date folder, correct me if I'm wrong there.

And if done correctly will the 'there are files in your overwrite mod' warning go away or will I have to do something about that?

Usually you install FNIS through Mod Organizer like any other mod, then navigate to the virtual 'data' folder (right tabs) to the .exe and hook it to MO by right clicking it. However it seems that the last FNIS version is bugged and you may need to install inside the actual data folder instead, or use a previous version (what I do) or wait for newest version.

The only problem by installing FNIS in skyrim/data is that the behaviours will be placed inside 'Overwrite', however that only matters if you are using diferent profile mods with diferent animation mods in each; if only using one mod profile, doesn't matter having stuff inside 'Overwrite', it will be used.

First the point of MO is to not install anything in your data folder. Just install FNIS the same as any other mod just like Lother said. After that click on the drop down menu on the right the one you select SKSE and such from select edit and browse for the executable mine is at D:\Tools\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V4 1 1 -- ALWAYS necessary\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe  yours will be some place different of course but similar. You can find a video tutorial for MO their http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31499/?

As for their being a bug with the latest FNIS and MO it only shows up if your using something that uses FNIS creature such as Sexlab or FNIS Zoo. A work around for the bug is to Run FNIS get an error exit FNIS then run it again and you keep doing that until you get no more errors. For Sexlab you will need to run it allot like twenty times or more. This will be fixed in version 1.0.13

How to deal with files in your overwrite directory is simple, create a folder in your mod directory and call it "Profile name Overwrite" and then just copy the files from your overwrite directory to the "Profile name Overwrite" folder. Make sure this "mod" is checked and at the bottom of the mod list. This way you can get rid of the little red triangle and you wont have issues if you use more then one profile.

Trust me when I tell you spending a little time to learn how to use MO will save you lots of time down the road and help you gain a better knowledge of how mods work. And as an added bonus you can still run vanilla Skyrim when ever you want. 

Good news, thanks to the advice/tips posted I was able to get FNIS working as well as BodySlide 2 (as far as I know). There's one thing I'm curious about which is the SKSE.ini I have to make. Where do I make the folder to add this to it

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

Should it be made in the Skyrim -> Data folder, or elsewhere?

Archived