Anyone running with a HD 7950?

Caturday

Hello,

I am wondering because of a bug Im having with sexlab.

While the bug is actually animation related, I do know from another game that ATI graphic cards and drivers can play a much higher role in that than I first thought.

So is anyone using one? If so do your sexlab creature animations work flawlessly?

Thanks.

Not 7950 but also AMD, what driver version you have and what the precise nature of the problem? Also if its anim related can you post a screenie + your load order?

Pretty much this is the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/Jz0kFz0.jpg

The human animation is a few frames infront of the creature one, resulting in what the screenshot above mirrors, it kinda looks like the human bodyparts are pulling the creature bodyparts after them, as if tied to a rope.

Load Order isnt there really, cause Ive made a second installation of skyrim with just sexlab skyui and matchmaker. Screenshot is from my normal installation, but theres no difference in the problem.

Driver Version is 13.12, aka the latest from dec 2013, since thats when I last formatted.

The bug precedes this format.

Normaly its a rather strange bug to be coming from a graphics card, but a certain ATI drivers a few years back messed with something animation related in another game too.

I have a nvidia card and sometimes I have seen this as well when they are out of sync like that. Where one of them is just a bit faster than the other. So far it has only happened with Radiant Prostitute tweaked but I think of lot of that is from the repeating strip animations making them go out of sync.

But just saying I have seen it happen as well just not often and I have Nvidia card, so I doubt it is from your graphics card.

If you understand how the animations play...

The animations for each character ALL play as individual animations completely independent of the animations being played by any other character. To have them in-sync is to have a system that can play both (or all for 3-somes, 4-somes...) starting at the exact same time. The slower (or busier) your computer is the more likely you are going to see out-of-sync animations.

There have been some recent developments in how to get multiple character animations into the game from a mod (Bethesda did not make it simple or easy to accomplish) so there's hope that future animations can be made which will never be out of sync but that's not the case right now.

Note that the code-path for starting animations tries to start both(all) at exactly the same time but since they each have to be called one at a time one can get started before the rest and the amount of out-of-sync you see is a direct measurement of how overloaded your computer is.

If you understand how the animations play...

The animations for each character ALL play as individual animations completely independent of the animations being played by any other character. To have them in-sync is to have a system that can play both (or all for 3-somes, 4-somes...) starting at the exact same time. The slower (or busier) your computer is the more likely you are going to see out-of-sync animations.

There have been some recent developments in how to get multiple character animations into the game from a mod (Bethesda did not make it simple or easy to accomplish) so there's hope that future animations can be made which will never be out of sync but that's not the case right now.

Note that the code-path for starting animations tries to start both(all) at exactly the same time but since they each have to be called one at a time one can get started before the rest and the amount of out-of-sync you see is a direct measurement of how overloaded your computer is.

Well, I had a similar train of thought, which is what made me go the extreme route and format my PC.

My Windows and Skyrim are running from an SSD, I got an 8core AMD and 8gigs of RAM, and theres never anything but steam and skyrim running, which I made sure of by formatting my PC.

Skyrim as said earlier is straight out of the box 1.9.32 with sexlab skyui and matchmaking, I didnt even install body mods at first and the problem was still there.

My Windows and Skyrim installations are probably the cleanest setup of any forum user on here, I even went as far as not installing keyboard and mouse drivers until I had testet things out.

So i doubt that my system is any overloaded at all for this.

The only other solution i can think of is turning HPET off again, Ill try that later.

Anyways, its currently really hard to tell where it comes from, I know that with the old Bestiality spell mod I didnt have that issue, or maybe back then I wasnt as aware of it and barely realized it.

I also bought a new CPU a few days after the GPU, + with sexlabs old Creature State(which wasnt as refined with alignment etc) I really cant see a proper start of this bug.

Plus CPU kind of steers away from the culprit list as I doubt Im the only AM 8320 user here.

Oh well ><!

What would work if there was a function in sexlab that'd let you move animation frames ahead with a button, but seeing as theres only 2 people having this problem, Im having my doubts Ill see that anytime soon.

I bet more than two people have experienced it, but for the most part it is barely off in my experience. Just enough I can notice it and it only happens now and again. Not enough to me to be a issue at least. I mean I have more problems with alignment being off than this issue.

But I was just posting to let you know it wasn't use you and it wasn't just ATI cards that can have the problem. :)

just a thought... maybe try to pause the game (escape, not tab) before the animation starts for 2-5 seconds

Did, but didnt help in any way.

I bet more than two people have experienced it, but for the most part it is barely off in my experience. Just enough I can notice it and it only happens now and again. Not enough to me to be a issue at least. I mean I have more problems with alignment being off than this issue.

But I was just posting to let you know it wasn't use you and it wasn't just ATI cards that can have the problem. :)

Well thats the thing really, its off a lot for me, and its always off by that much for creatures while its fine with humans only.

And so far Ashal never replied regarding this in the main sexlab thread or technical support subforum as to what could cause it, so I am really at the end of my rope. :(

Well that sucks if it is off by a lot. For me every so often using radiant prostitute it is off by about a second. On that one though I think what is causing it is the strip animations. It almost has the player start to strip first and then the customer and they will strip 2-3 times before starting sex. Most times it is barely off but every now and again my character is finishes and stands up while the NPC humps air for a second or two. Luckily it is pretty rare it gets that far off.

If it happened all the time yeah it would bug me too.

As another poster mentioned are you running a lot of script heavy mods? If so that could be the issue.

Well that sucks if it is off by a lot. For me every so often using radiant prostitute it is off by about a second. On that one though I think what is causing it is the strip animations. It almost has the player start to strip first and then the customer and they will strip 2-3 times before starting sex. Most times it is barely off but every now and again my character is finishes and stands up while the NPC humps air for a second or two. Luckily it is pretty rare it gets that far off.

If it happened all the time yeah it would bug me too.

As another poster mentioned are you running a lot of script heavy mods? If so that could be the issue.

My Savefile is around 8mb from my normal installation, but there isnt really a lot beside SOS, Sexlab and a mod that changes the skills you can learn, but its not an overhaul really.

But even if you took that as source for the problems, as described earlier, I did install a new version of Skyrim with the latest patch, Sexlab, SkyUI and matchmaking only. The problem is there as well, and thats a super clean installation(yes its a new game).

Which is why Im so lost with this problem

Edit:

Which is also why Ive been trying to get a reply from Ashal for a while now, normal animations between 2 humans work fine after all, its just the mix with creatures, there must be a difference on how Sexlab calls in human and animal animations.

Knowing that would probably help a lot to pin down the problem.

Yeah if you tested it with a new game with few mods and it keeps happening. I really don't know what could be causing it. That really sucks and wish I could be of more hope, but other than script lag someone else mentioned I can't really think of a cause for it.

Have you tried using I think it is the U key to let you get up and move locations? This will cause the NPC to warp to your new location and start the animation again, maybe try that and see if they are in sync then? Not a great solution but maybe a work around so it is not to bad.

You could also try on the first animation hitting the space bar to force a advance in the animations, maybe that would force them to get in sync. Again I know not a great solution but better than them always being out of sync.

Yeah if you tested it with a new game with few mods and it keeps happening. I really don't know what could be causing it. That really sucks and wish I could be of more hope, but other than script lag someone else mentioned I can't really think of a cause for it.

Have you tried using I think it is the U key to let you get up and move locations? This will cause the NPC to warp to your new location and start the animation again, maybe try that and see if they are in sync then? Not a great solution but maybe a work around so it is not to bad.

You could also try on the first animation hitting the space bar to force a advance in the animations, maybe that would force them to get in sync. Again I know not a great solution but better than them always being out of sync.

Thanks,

So far Ive tried advancing stages, rotating, de-advancing stages to the start, changing animation, but not moving location, until 2mins ago, same effect tho.

None of those help, the animations always start with the human being ahead for some reason. The 2Draugr animation looks just hilarious like this.

hmm I dont know, it looks like Ill be stuck unless Ashal comes in here to either take a look or clear up some missing information.

What you're asking for, to put it bluntly, is simply impossible.

WaxenFigure pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post, but in attempt to drive the point home and because I'm in the mood to over explain something to avoid work right now, here is the code in SexLab that starts animations for all actors:

; // Positions[] contains the actors the animations will play on, assuming a draugr animation:
; // Positions[0] = Female
; // Positions[1] = Draugr 

; // events[] contains the animations to be played "(Draugr) Holding" Stage 3 would contain
; // events[0] = "Draugr_Holding_A1_S3" (Female's animation)
; // events[1] = "Draugr_Holding_A2_S3" (Draugr's aniamtion)

; // Version A: What SexLab is Currently Using
function PlayAnimation()
	string[] events = Animation.FetchStage(Stage)
	if ActorCount == 1
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[0], events[0])
	elseIf ActorCount == 2
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[1], events[1])
	elseIf ActorCount == 3
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[2], events[2])
	elseIf ActorCount == 4
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[3], events[3])
	elseIf ActorCount == 5
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[4], events[4])
	endIf
endFunction

; // Version B: Devils advocate "bad example"
function PlayAnimation()
	int i = 0
	while i < ActorCount
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[i], events[i])
		i += 1
	endWhile
endFunction

On first glance from anybody with some coding experience, Version A of that probably looks TERRIBLE, why repeat the same line over and over again instead of just looping it? Version B is minimalist, doesn't repeat itself and technically allows for any number of actors to be present.

I bring this example up to point out that Version A, which is exactly what SexLab is using right now, has literally NOTHING for for the scripting to do between each actor starting their animation, while Version B has to increment the i variable and recheck the condition on each and every loop, sticking 2, leaving scripting TWO things to do between each actor starting their animation.

So why doesn't it sync then if there is nothing for Skyrim to do between starting each animation? Because it still has to go from line 1 to line 2, and that is still subject to scripting lag, no matter how small. This is a problem EVERY animation suffers from, it's just less noticeable on the majority of them.

Anything that requires a "ball in socket" type positioning between actors, is going to highlight this problem but is not suffering from the lag anymore than the rest of animations, and in my opinion you're simply being hypersensitive to that situation. The draugr animation of them holding (socket) the other actors hands (ball) up is a prime example of this. And the best you can do in that situation is simply try and nudge one of the actors forward/backward to try and compensate for what you can, and if it gets hugely out of sync try restoring default offsets (the - hotkey) or cycling back and forth between animations.

TL;DR: Barring some new magical SKSE implementation, it is not a problem that can be fixed with current Skyrim scripting or CreationKit. 

Barring some new magical SKSE implementation, it is not a problem that can be fixed with current Skyrim scripting or CreationKit.

I have this bug with this specific SexLab animation in all  stages, how can I fix it..? :blush:

by completely recreating the animation from scratch to include SOS bones.

What you're asking for, to put it bluntly, is simply impossible.

WaxenFigure pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post, but in attempt to drive the point home and because I'm in the mood to over explain something to avoid work right now, here is the code in SexLab that starts animations for all actors:

; // Positions[] contains the actors the animations will play on, assuming a draugr animation:
; // Positions[0] = Female
; // Positions[1] = Draugr 

; // events[] contains the animations to be played "(Draugr) Holding" Stage 3 would contain
; // events[0] = "Draugr_Holding_A1_S3" (Female's animation)
; // events[1] = "Draugr_Holding_A2_S3" (Draugr's aniamtion)

; // Version A: What SexLab is Currently Using
function PlayAnimation()
	if ActorCount == 1
	elseIf ActorCount == 2
	elseIf ActorCount == 3
	elseIf ActorCount == 4
	elseIf ActorCount == 5
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[4], events[4])
	endIf
endFunction

; // Version B: Devils advocate "bad example"
function PlayAnimation()
	int i = 0
	while i < ActorCount
		Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Positions[i], events[i])
		i += 1
	endWhile
endFunction

On first glance from anybody with some coding experience, Version A of that probably looks TERRIBLE, why repeat the same line over and over again instead of just looping it? Version B is minimalist, doesn't repeat itself and technically allows for any number of actors to be present.

I bring this example up to point out that Version A, which is exactly what SexLab is using right now, has literally NOTHING for for the scripting to do between each actor starting their animation, while Version B has to increment the i variable and recheck the condition on each and every loop, sticking 2, leaving scripting TWO things to do between each actor starting their animation.

So why doesn't it sync then if there is nothing for Skyrim to do between starting each animation? Because it still has to go from line 1 to line 2, and that is still subject to scripting lag, no matter how small. This is a problem EVERY animation suffers from, it's just less noticeable on the majority of them.

Anything that requires a "ball in socket" type positioning between actors, is going to highlight this problem but is not suffering from the lag anymore than the rest of animations, and in my opinion you're simply being hypersensitive to that situation. The draugr animation of them holding (socket) the other actors hands (ball) up is a prime example of this. And the best you can do in that situation is simply try and nudge one of the actors forward/backward to try and compensate for what you can, and if it gets hugely out of sync try restoring default offsets (the - hotkey) or cycling back and forth between animations.

TL;DR: Barring some new magical SKSE implementation, it is not a problem that can be fixed with current Skyrim scripting or CreationKit. 

Thanks for the reply Ashal,

the reason why I am so "sensitive" about this tho, is that human animations do look perfect/near perfect, while creatures are off by a lot.

Which does make it seem strange for me as the difference between human/human and human/creature sync is immense and if I see this correctly then the sync problem should have become far less with my clean skyrim installation, which it didnt.

Maybe if I record a scene it'll show more how big the difference is, if needed that is.

I agree it seems odd that creatures would be a lot more off, I mean some more off is to be expected cause of size difference. But a lot more while human is mostly right on.

I will add my creature/animal ones are more off than human ones too and more often. But rarely a lot off, just more than human/human tend to be.

ok...I am NOT a modder but what jumps out at me here is...if the "creature script lag" is un avoidable why not add a wait time slider or fixed time delay option into MCM for the human pc? ...and apply it to human creature couples...or even options for any pairing... would that even be feasible...would it work if it is?

Ok I got this, after replaying and seeing a certain human on human animation that was out of sync it all made sense, its just that gone made a lot of animations with holding that make it more apparent.

Still its note-able that beastiality spell somehow has less de-sync in this. Which is what ultimately got me to question all of this.

But thanks for answering!

Toodaloo.

Archived