deathtome1998 Posted July 6, 2025 Posted July 6, 2025 (edited) can someone help me figure out why the heck my bodies look like this in racemenu and after leaving it too. I have the weirdest thing where I've built my bodyslides for 3ba and himbo, separately, and I've done it multiple times. I did have obody NG when I had first noticed all this happening, so I've since tried turning off all the things I have related to that. and got rid of softbody which was also one of the orginal mods I had had in my modlist the first time I started a new game with these issues. but I have a neck seam on my male or female char in the racemenu preview, and the body is not the body I've built. most recently, which was the attempt these screenshots were taken after, I tried to do a single build on my 3ba preset and my himbo preset, instead of batch building them with their outfits for each body type. but it still is the same. I've tried to move my bodyslide output below my parallaxgen output, still didn't work. I'm at a loss, I've never had this issue before, and with the male character, the underwear has a TNG schlong sticking out like he should be naked, but has underwear for whatever reason. I've tried turning off all my skin texture mods like diamond skin, which I had tried swapping to after realizing that demoniac skin doesn't say it works with 3ba, I turned off my male skin which was tempered skin for males SOS full version, and I turned off fair skin complexion after I realized I was running it alongside other skin texture mods I was trying. I also included my modlist.txt from MO2, not everything in there will be active, unless it mentions that somewhere itself, like my obody related mods are still in my modlist, but they're all deactivated. any help would be really appreciated right about now. Spoiler  Spoiler modlist.txt Edited July 7, 2025 by deathtome1998 title clarification
traison Posted July 6, 2025 Posted July 6, 2025 Not sure I've seen this problem since the old days of pre-LE. You can get around it by typing the following in the console: prid 14 sexchange sexchange But obviously it would be better to know which mod is causing the issues to begin with. I'm not aware of any function in Papyrus to do what the console command does, so at this point I would assume its a mod with a dll that's doing it. Â You may also want to do a sanity check, to make sure it's not a male body suite you're wearing there: prid 14 inv unequipall If the problem went away with that, open the console again and check the printout from the inv command. One of the items marked as worn was your problem.
deathtome1998 Posted July 6, 2025 Author Posted July 6, 2025 4 hours ago, traison said: Not sure I've seen this problem since the old days of pre-LE. You can get around it by typing the following in the console: prid 14 sexchange sexchange But obviously it would be better to know which mod is causing the issues to begin with. I'm not aware of any function in Papyrus to do what the console command does, so at this point I would assume its a mod with a dll that's doing it. Â You may also want to do a sanity check, to make sure it's not a male body suite you're wearing there: prid 14 inv unequipall If the problem went away with that, open the console again and check the printout from the inv command. One of the items marked as worn was your problem. so, the problem is starting in racemenu, I just left it to take a photomode mod picture. but I tried both sets of commands, and the sexchange one just did the same thing that racemenu does which is change to the opposite sex, but still looking like it does in the pictures. and I did the unequipall command, but that took off maybe one thing if that, but definitely didn't fix anything either. I might try removing DCL next, that's the only mod I'm not sure I'd end up keeping in for a longterm playthrough anyways, I really just want it for it's prison stuff, but I guess I'd be ok losing it.
traison Posted July 6, 2025 Posted July 6, 2025 Alright so you got some other problem then, or you have a dll like I mentioned previously. What I'd do next is install More Informative Console , then "prid 14" and make a list of the meshes currently being used. If you're not wearing anything ("unequipall") then find the naked body mesh among these. Once you have, open it up in NifSkope and make sure its actually what you expect it to be, i.e. not a male body. Â
deathtome1998 Posted July 6, 2025 Author Posted July 6, 2025 24 minutes ago, traison said: Alright so you got some other problem then, or you have a dll like I mentioned previously. What I'd do next is install More Informative Console , then "prid 14" and make a list of the meshes currently being used. If you're not wearing anything ("unequipall") then find the naked body mesh among these. Once you have, open it up in NifSkope and make sure its actually what you expect it to be, i.e. not a male body. Â so, the meshes for male and female bodies look correct in nifskope. but I did notice that on my female character when I checked the console after switching to that sex, is being applied upperbodyfemale.dds, which opening it up further on that one, it's a child mesh, and it also gets applied upperbodymale_n.dds and upperbodymale_sk.dds, which now I don't remember for certain, but those might also have been child meshes, but either way, it shouldn't be applying a male anything to my female character, it doesn't apply female anything to my male character, so I don't know why it's doing the reverse. also those same 2 upperbodymale.dds's as well as upperbodymale.dds are being applied to my male character.
deathtome1998 Posted July 6, 2025 Author Posted July 6, 2025 5 hours ago, traison said: Alright so you got some other problem then, or you have a dll like I mentioned previously. What I'd do next is install More Informative Console , then "prid 14" and make a list of the meshes currently being used. If you're not wearing anything ("unequipall") then find the naked body mesh among these. Once you have, open it up in NifSkope and make sure its actually what you expect it to be, i.e. not a male body. Â I've tried moving the new gentleman below all my mods that affect it, which are himbo, tempered skins for males - sos full version, (which the modpage for the new gentleman says both are compatible, and that they go below the new gentleman), masculine khajiit and masculine argonian textures, a couple himbo bodyslide refits, and my bodyslide output. even putting the new gentleman the last thing in my load order hasn't stopped my game from randomly applying those malechild textures to my male characters body. and I don't even know where to start with what's applying to the female characters body. I see looking through MO2 for malechild textures that smim has those three textures, so I also tried to hide those, to see if something would be fixed, but nothing changed on either character body. so I've since unhidden them. I have no clue what could be applying those to my bodies.
traison Posted July 6, 2025 Posted July 6, 2025 I would be looking for a mod with a dll: You got no armor replacing the body mesh. You don't have the sexchange bug from pre-LE. The body mesh being used according to MIC is different when viewed in NifSkope. Only thing that can do that is a dll.
deathtome1998 Posted July 7, 2025 Author Posted July 7, 2025 On 7/6/2025 at 12:49 PM, traison said: I would be looking for a mod with a dll: You got no armor replacing the body mesh. You don't have the sexchange bug from pre-LE. The body mesh being used according to MIC is different when viewed in NifSkope. Only thing that can do that is a dll. well, I figured out that my wabbajack modlist had a patch that I think must have only been enabled if I switched to the profile with creature anims, but that specific patch for fixing invisible werewolves was causing my body to get all screwy. after turning it off, they went back to normal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now