Dual Sheath Redux mod tester?

Guest corespore

Guest corespore

Got a question from a mod user whom inquired if i would make a patch for a weapon mod called dual sheath redux http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34155/? (I can only assume this one). I followed mod authors instructions (i think) to make the patch for my weapon mod but the person in question has gone AWOL and now I'm stuck with the lingering question as to whether or not i actually made a working patch or not. If any of you are running this dual sheath mod will you be willing to try this mod out  and tell me if it actually worked??? The patch is packaged all-in-one with the original mod so it should be stand alone. I would have done this myself but i no longer have a nexus account and that mod looks like one of those mods that require an animal sacrifice to work so someone with experience with it would probably be a better judge as to whether or not i managed to pull it off. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out here :blush:  

Guest corespore

It's not working for me, though it might be an issue specific to me. Assuming it isn't, there are a lot of places where errors can be made when trying to add DSR compatibility. For example, make sure that you typed in everything correctly in NifSkope.

Thanks for testing this for me. So is it not working at or is it something in specific that's not looking right? I double checked the meshes in nifscope and it looks OK. I think the issue is that i tried to package the DSR patch in with the base mod. I got my hands on a SDR patch for another mod and opened it up and it was only the modified meshes, so i think i just need to separate the left side meshed from the base mod and package it individually for it to work properly.  Here's the separated patch and  here's the base mod. Thanks again for the help, hopefully i can get this to work and make it worth your guys time. 

Sorry, I should have been more specific (I usually want my users to be more specific with their problems, too). It was just really late at night where I was. What I meant was that the "left hand" sword was not appearing at all when I equipped the sword in that hand. If I had had more time, I would have actually looked at the files you included. I'm testing the new version now.

Another thing: I'm pretty sure that there is no need for you to separate the DSR files from the rest of the mod. I once made a patch for a Dark Souls weapons mod. The original author had not included proper blood meshes or DSR support. So, I edited some of the meshes to add both for some of the one-handed weapons. Anyone who uses the patch gets the correct blood meshes, and anyone who also uses Dual Sheath Redux gets to take advantage of that too. It was all packaged in one file, since the left hand meshes are separate files from the regular meshes anyway so a game that doesn't use DSR just won't recognize/use the left hand meshes.

Guest corespore

Sorry, I should have been more specific (I usually want my users to be more specific with their problems, too). It was just really late at night where I was. What I meant was that the "left hand" sword was not appearing at all when I equipped the sword in that hand. If I had had more time, I would have actually looked at the files you included. I'm testing the new version now.

LOL, no worries i'm just happy someone volunteered their time to help out.

Now that I look at what I wrote, I think it was just even more confusing, so to clarify: When I equipped it in the "left hand" slot in the menu, without entering a combat stance, neither the left sheath nor the left sword appeared equipped on my character, but, when I entered a combat stance, the sword would appear correctly in my character's hand as expected, but the sheath would still not be there. I believe that the issue, at least on my end, was that the DSR patcher was not recognizing, and, thus, not adding your mod's weapon to the DSR patch esp. So, that explains the issue with the left-hand weapon not appearing properly. I don't have enough know-how to explain why the patcher didn't recognize your mod, and I also don't know if that is an issue specific to me, but I am confident that that is the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest corespore

The person in question DLed the mod and confirmed it worked, If anyone is looking for the dual sheath version of my sword mod it is available in the support thread of the mod section. Thanks to all the people whom tested this for me  :)

Archived