Empty the left Hand

RogueMage

Short:

Does anybody know a mod which allows to empty the left hand by keystroke?

Long:

I prefer to play with one-handed swords (block without a shield). So my left hand needs to be empty to do this. Sometimes of course I get hurt and need to heal. So I press a numberkey as I have made the healing spell a favourite. So my left hand gets the spell and I can heal myself. Then I need my left hand to be empty for fighting so I have to:

- Open my favourites 'q'

- Search my entry, point at it with the mouse cursor and klick it with 'E' until it is not assigned to a hand anymore

- Close the favourits and go on fighting.

It is probably pretty easy to make a mod which empties the hand.

Something like

1. Check for Keystroke

2. Check what is equipled in left hand (GetRef)

3. Unequip what is in the left hand

I tried to check out Script Dragon but could not find a command reference. I read scripts are mostly in C++ and I found a short script that looked like a mixture of C++ and the old Script-commands of Oblivion.

So. If you know a mod that does the described or if you know a detailed refernce to Script Dragon please let me know.

Thx in advance.

I've been looking for something like this since day one' date=' never got any luck. Best fix for the time being is to just have a shield hotkeyed; tap the key twice and the hand will empty.

[/quote']

I tried this with a hide shield. Nice workaround. Thx for the tip. This will do until the creation kit comes out and skse can be used to script something.

I've got the same problem with my monk. It's nice that when I unequip my bow, my last used magic comes back up. But it'd also be nice if I could hotkey "empty hand" so that I can put the magic away and start punching people again without having to go through the menu.

Archived