Confused about CBBE

Hi everyone, i updated my pc and i decided to remake my skyrim. I'm a little ashamed to admit that last time i borrowed most of the data folder from a friend so i'm a little unexperienced. This time i installed CBBE body but while in game the shape is fine, i was a little disappointed by the texture of the body. It looks low-res, glossy...
I've noticed in most of the armor mods and in many screenshots beautiful characters, which, sadly i don't know how to build. I tried by my hand and i ended up with a monstrous character full of seams.
Probably i screwed up when i allowed Nmm to overwrite some files...
Any suggestion? What kind of texture/body are you using?
Thanks

i'm using...

Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE-

Caliente HighRes 4K CBBE Nude Female Re-Texture Mod

Sporty Sexy Sweat - wet body skin texture - CBBE UNP UNPB ADEC Vanilla

Bodyslide CB Plus Plus

Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP Armour

You'd need to google for them as i dont have the direct links to hand.

If your using devious devices there is also...

Devious_Devices_BodySlide2_CBBE_2.0

Which has a very good guide on how to use bodyslide on it

There are other textures but i've found that CBBE seems to be the most supported.

Mod organizer is better? NMM is handy, never heard about mo, i'll give it a try.
About sevenbase...i'm kinda with you, that's the body mod that i had previously. I was just disappointed by the lack of armor conversions.
Who knows, probably i'll use those two again if i don't find "the spark" with cbbe

I find there to be enough conversions for sevenbase, most of the are here on LL and not on nexus tho.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20917-sevenbase-conversions-bombshellcleavage-with-bbp/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21547-sevenbase-conversions-bombshell-and-cleavage-bbp/

And when you get a hang of MO you can easily swap different armors from packs to see what you like the most, still keeping your skyrim installation clean. The magic of MO :P

We also have a guide for MO here in LL, not sure if its any good as I have not read it, but others seem to like it. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

Cbbe has millions of textures for CBBE, like the one Tepi linked (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?), because most modders makes textures compatible both with cbbe and unp, you just have to select the correct file for your body. Then well, it's important to use bodyslide, to give the body the shape you want, and use armor/clothes converted into bodyslide too to have even more customization.

Mod organizer is better? NMM is handy, never heard about mo, i'll give it a try.

About sevenbase...i'm kinda with you, that's the body mod that i had previously. I was just disappointed by the lack of armor conversions.

Who knows, probably i'll use those two again if i don't find "the spark" with cbbe

SG Female Textures Renewal is compatible with CBBE. So if you like that texture set, you can still use it. Just download the right texture file - should be the top one on Nexus as CBBE (plus variants) is the most popular body mod.

Not a crack at other body mods, they're all good. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. i tried MO and is pretty good! Still need to read some tutorials anyway...
Gathered a few textures for cbbe, i'll do some experiments next time i have some free time.
And thanks for the 7b armors. I'm not a fan of the non-vanilla armors but i'll give it a try

It's funny because i always find the CBBE v3-2 textures to be the best ones. I'm sure they are high res and i like it smooth! I tryed the 4k high res and they actually look worse than the base textures, even the files they provide are a lot smaller. Usually when higher the resolution bigger the files right? Also all the "realistic" looking textures just doesn't do it for me. Maybe they were realistic back in the stone age.

Archived