Problem with adding new Body Mesh

pringerxx

This all assumes you have cut it into the parts you need that are ready to be pasted into corresponding Nif files...

Make a copy of an original (unedited) mesh that your work is based on. This will eventually be customized to be yours, so make sure you have a backup of the original. Open it with NifSkope. Now open your 'exported' Nif. Select the mesh in your 'exported' Nif you wish to use. In the left sidebar which lists all the parts, right-click the that NitTriShape that should be highlighted there and under the 'Block' sub-menu select 'copy branch'.

Now over to the other file and window. NiNode 'Scene Root' and in the 'Block' submenu select 'paste branch'. Now hold tight, you're almost there. That should throw your custom NiTriShape in at the bottom of the list. Right-click that and select (in the Block submenu :P) 'copy'. Find the other mesh that you mean to replace. Right-click it, and in the 'Block' submenu select 'paste over'.

This will leave a mess at the bottom of your list that will need cleaning up. Cleaning it up will do weird things like re-order your list. Don't worry about that, it's not important. Just make sure you clean up the duplicate NiTriShape at the bottom by pressing Ctrl-Delete. There is also the useless remains of your 'paste over', stuff like 'NiTriStripsData' and 'NiSkinInstance' just kind of hanging out at the bottom unattached to anything. Ctrl-Delete that extra crap and you should be done.

This all assumes you have cut it into the parts you need that are ready to be pasted into corresponding Nif files...

Make a copy of an original (unedited) mesh that your work is based on. This will eventually be customized to be yours' date=' so make sure you have a backup of the original. Open it with NifSkope. Now open your 'exported' Nif. Select the mesh in your 'exported' Nif you wish to use. In the left sidebar which lists all the parts, right-click the that NitTriShape that should be highlighted there and under the 'Block' sub-menu select 'copy branch'.

Now over to the other file and window. NiNode 'Scene Root' and in the 'Block' submenu select 'paste branch'. Now hold tight, you're almost there. That should throw your custom NiTriShape in at the bottom of the list. Right-click that and select (in the Block submenu :P) 'copy'. Find the other mesh that you mean to replace. Right-click it, and in the 'Block' submenu select 'paste over'.

This will leave a mess at the bottom of your list that will need cleaning up. Cleaning it up will do weird things like re-order your list. Don't worry about that, it's not important. Just make sure you clean up the duplicate NiTriShape at the bottom by pressing Ctrl-Delete. There is also the useless remains of your 'paste over', stuff like 'NiTriStripsData' and 'NiSkinInstance' just kind of hanging out at the bottom unattached to anything. Ctrl-Delete that extra crap and you should be done.

[/quote']

Thank you worked like a charm! Really appreciate it.

I do have one more question. I do this for all new meshes right? Including clothes, armors, weapons, etc.?

Personally I keep a base nif for this on my desktop. It used to be a full body armor, but I stripped it of all but the nodes. It has all the nodes required for pasting in the armor/bodyparts. Saves the trouble of having to copy/paste missing nodes into a nif, and makes creation of mashups a lot easier.

Simplest way of removing useless crap from a nif file is to slect the sceneroot branch and use the Crop to branch option. This deletes anything that's not in the sceneroot branch, which is basically junk data that is not referenced by anything in the sceneroot.

It's also a good idea to optimize the nif when you're done. Spells -> optimize - combine properties, remove bogus nodes. Batch -> update all tangent spaces just to be sure.

Anyway, if you exported the nif correctly from blender, it should be directly usable in game, provided that it wasn't meant to be split up into multiple nifs. So you shouldn't have to do this for every item.

Personally I keep a base nif for this on my desktop. It used to be a full body armor' date=' but I stripped it of all but the nodes. It has all the nodes required for pasting in the armor/bodyparts. Saves the trouble of having to copy/paste missing nodes into a nif, and makes creation of mashups a lot easier.

Simplest way of removing useless crap from a nif file is to slect the sceneroot branch and use the Crop to branch option. This deletes anything that's not in the sceneroot branch, which is basically junk data that is not referenced by anything in the sceneroot.

It's also a good idea to optimize the nif when you're done. Spells -> optimize - combine properties, remove bogus nodes. Batch -> update all tangent spaces just to be sure.

Anyway, if you exported the nif correctly from blender, it should be directly usable in game, provided that it wasn't meant to be split up into multiple nifs. So you shouldn't have to do this for every item.

[/quote']

Great, thanks for you help too. I'll do that.

Archived