Chain Beast 1.32 question. (spoilers)

TheInternal

==== contains massive spoiler ====

So, when you get caught in the special dungeon that requires you to be a prisoner to enter, you get sent to the chair and the mud crabs come out... then you die (even if you set the timer to one caliper)...

is something else suppose to happen? is it just that my character is too low in level? Since you can't remove the gag and are silenced, you can't do anything other than chug potions... and while in the chair, you can't even do that... is the only way to get the stuff inside the dungeon to be very high in level?

I guess the only other way to "beat" this dungeon would be to have one's character be male or have epic sneakiness... unless there's some event I'm missing. Thoughts? Ideas? Is the chair you get taken to a death sentence and nothing else?

Well, you either have to be very good at sneaking, or you need to kill the chainbeasts before they capture you!

May be a tough fight, but it's definitely possible!

Once your caught and brought to the chair, there's nothing you can do anymore...

Well' date=' you either have to be very good at sneaking, or you need to kill the chainbeasts before they capture you!

May be a tough fight, but it's definitely possible!

Once your caught and brought to the chair, there's nothing you can do anymore...

[/quote']

how can you effectively fight unequipped and silenced though ._. their capture rate is so high... do you have to be demi-god level already to do it? I even brought along a oompanion mod to help, but the darn chain beast regens once he catches someone.

Well, it's kind of tricky! Most important thing is that you keep moving!

Try hitting the beast and moving around it for minimalizing his hitting-chance.

The higher your level is, the easier it will become for you to fight them, of course.

I can't recall wether its possible to use potions, but good fatigue potions will also increase your winning chances a lot, for if your fatigue is low because of running and hitting, the chainbeast will only need one attempt to capture you.

==== contains massive spoiler ====

So' date=' when you get caught in the special dungeon that requires you to be a prisoner to enter, you get sent to the chair and the mud crabs come out... then you die (even if you set the timer to one caliper)...

is something else suppose to happen? is it just that my character is too low in level? Since you can't remove the gag and are silenced, you can't do anything other than chug potions... and while in the chair, you can't even do that... is the only way to get the stuff inside the dungeon to be very high in level?

I guess the only other way to "beat" this dungeon would be to have one's character be male or have epic sneakiness... unless there's some event I'm missing. Thoughts? Ideas? Is the chair you get taken to a death sentence and nothing else?

[/quote']

That is not true.

If you are caught by the first chain beast and docked in the pit near the crabs, the redguard girl that is outside the temple must come in your aid and kill the crabs before they kill you.

If this doesn't happens it means that:

1- she is dead (for whatever reason).

2- she is captured and since in version 1.32 the docking station outside the temple is bugged, she is in an endless efford to reach the torture chair.

So your options are these:

1- Avoid at all costs to be captured by the first chain beast, use everything you can to replenish your fatigue, strafe-circle the beast, hit and run.

2- save yourself from the frustation and install a previous version of chain beasts, i suggest 1.24, versions from 1.30 onward have the Nenalata docking bug. If you want the new costruction spells introduced whit 1.30, replace the version 1.24 whit the 1.32 when you are inside the temple and have already killed all the chain beasts.

3- save yourself from even more frustations using my modified .esp (v.1.32a) that instead of dropping all your precious weapons, rings and amulets to the ground, puts them inside a safe cask where you can recover your belongings :)

Does ur version fix the Nenalata quest ?

Unfortunately...no, or more precisely not always.

I have tried some fixes suggested from another user on Nexus, but sometimes it doesn't work.

The fact is that v.1.30 and 1.32 are bugged whit some docking stations not working properly, the only way to use them is to disable the whole damn location and build a new one whit the construction spells, this means read the mod instructions how to do it.

Versions previous to 1.30 works fine, but you don't get the new features.

Sadly, the author has abandoned the project before getting rid of the bugs.

Since the Nenalata docking station (outside) doesn't work, you can successfully complete the quest using the Bravil station:

Get captured in Bravil, as soon as you are released don't use gag keys found in the beast bodies, run across the river to Catenata Temple and you can enter the door whitout using the dock station there (just don't get caught again!!:)

The red guard girl is scripted to come to my rescue? I know if I enable 1.32 while at the Nenalata docking station' date=' it will work right. So, in theory, the redguard girl is supposed to come save me then ungag me or what?

[/quote']

She only comes to save your life, she doesn't free you from the docking station, you need to wait to be released after the time expires.

If you have trouble getting the keys, I recommend this workaround:

Use the "estrus" mod while near them to draw a crowd around you. After there are a bunch of people, just stop it and crack an egg. They will start fighting and stuff, and the beasts will have fodder. You should be able to either just run off and wait for a body to loot, or kill one and take a key. Break the smaller egg, it releases less.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Random Npcs Do get Captured And r stripped and Put On Display.

Even the Player if a female gets captured

U are made fun of by the gathering crowd , They chuck crap at you

Also There is An Option for increasing the intensity of the punishment

In Console b4 activating an egg type

set uchainbeastquest.opts to 7

It is the Max

Archived