Help with Diabloelves6in1

Elitist

I am trying to get my character to look vaguely like this: 

up004064.jpg

I am making this thread because i just now recently figured I can use OBMM instead of Nexus MM, and indeed that was the only way I could get the Diablo file to install ( after spending a week in Skyrim trying to figure how I could get something like this character, and screwing around with the Chocolate elves and related mods).

I will look for hair and skin gloss mods ( and hopefully find a face preset along the way :wub: ) but for the time being.......

My character's face is all green and nasty. I cannot for the life of me focus on sculpting that face into something hawt with the shading and base color being what it is.

How do I address this? It's like she has mustaches in ten different places :mellow:

edit: I forgot to mention that the abovementioned mod is the only non-vanilla file i have active. Any recommendations to go with this?

Ah diablo elves... Probably my favorite thing about oblivion. It's been a while but diablo elf screenshots still make me nostalgic.

So... a screenshot would help you find an answer, maybe, but if it's a texture issue and you only now switched to obmm the first thing that comes to mind is enabling archive invalidation... causes all sorts of weird texture issues from what I remember.

If your char's face is green try disabling bFaceGenTexturing on the ini. Also, if you want glossy skin you only need to get glossmax and use it on female meshes. I believe DiabloElf 6in1 comes with shiny skins already :)

The body looks like DMRA or the manga variation of such, and the hair is from coolsims.

Ah diablo elves... Probably my favorite thing about oblivion. It's been a while but diablo elf screenshots still make me nostalgic.

So... a screenshot would help you find an answer, maybe, but if it's a texture issue and you only now switched to obmm the first thing that comes to mind is enabling archive invalidation... causes all sorts of weird texture issues from what I remember.

i will take a look at that.

Currently i am waiting for a fresh vanilla oblivion to load so I have another question: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43379/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D43379%26preview%3D&pUp=1What does this guy mean by "put everything in data!!!!"???

Each texture/mesh file includes different categories and I don't know quite how I am supposed to implement them into the data folder. Also, just to confirm, does that not include a body as seen in the photos, or is the mod just for skins?  What body mod do I need to get the same results (and especially breasts, as i cannot find a single body mod that has breasts larger than H-cup, which doesn't seem to be quite as big as the pairs in the photos you get from googling diabloelves6in1) 

my only experience with modding has been what I learned from attempting to mod skyrim  for the past week, and Oblivion modding seems to be much more different than I expected :wacko:

If your char's face is green try disabling bFaceGenTexturing on the ini. Also, if you want glossy skin you only need to get glossmax and use it on female meshes. I believe DiabloElf 6in1 comes with shiny skins already :)

The body looks like DMRA or the manga variation of such, and the hair is from coolsims.

thanks, checking for those now.

Another way to gloss your bodies and bodies in armor is with Nifskope as glossmax only glosses thing to 100 max. To gloss the bodies in armor and bodies load the body/armor nif up into nifskope and look for the skin instances.

post-25667-0-24340100-1386427280_thumb.jpg Now click each skin instance arrow tab to the left to open it up and go down to glossiness float and change the 10.000 or whatever number that is there to 1000.000 once you have done all skin instances in the nif hit save as to overwrite the nif file if you don't what you changed will not be saved. 

So the skin instance should look like this. post-25667-0-57137300-1386427661_thumb.png

Glossing the ones for the body are the same find the nif/nifs of the body you are using and do the same thing. Also depending on what race you use seems to depend on how glossy/oily the body becomes evy's and diablo elves will gloss up really good. Here is a example of what it looks like at 1000.0000 for my Evy. post-25667-0-97298100-1386428008_thumb.jpg

i will take a look at that.

Currently i am waiting for a fresh vanilla oblivion to load so I have another question: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43379/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D43379%26preview%3D&pUp=1What does this guy mean by "put everything in data!!!!"???

Each texture/mesh file includes different categories and I don't know quite how I am supposed to implement them into the data folder. Also, just to confirm, does that not include a body as seen in the photos, or is the mod just for skins?  What body mod do I need to get the same results (and especially breasts, as i cannot find a single body mod that has breasts larger than H-cup, which doesn't seem to be quite as big as the pairs in the photos you get from googling diabloelves6in1) 

my only experience with modding has been what I learned from attempting to mod skyrim  for the past week, and Oblivion modding seems to be much more different than I expected :wacko:

putting everything on data means, well, just that :P when you extract the archive you will have either a single "data" folder or two folders named "meshes" and "textures" alongside an .esp file.

If you have the "data" folder just drag it to your "Oblivion" folder (Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion) and allow it to overwrite. If you have the "meshes", and "textures" folders then drag them to the data folder (Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/data) alongside the esp and allow them to overwrite. That is pretty much the procedure for manually installing any mod.

Just to clarify- GlossMax defaults to 100. But there is a GlossMax.ini in the same install folder that you can set to what ever you wish.

Nifskope definantly is more useful and does a lot more (like changing textures), but GlossMax will do a whole batch at once.

Mem

ps- Myuhinny, luv your Evy char.

One thing to consider is getting 'SetBody Reloaded'. With this mod you can choose from hundreds of bodies for every character in the game, PC and NPCs. The Manga body from the picture naturally is also included. If you choose this one as your body of choice, these two mods are collections of armors and clothes converted to it. To the 'New Manga' variant more precisely. Here is a MEGA link to the AIR compilation if for some reason you cannot use 4shared.

That hairstyle from the picture should be part of the race. At least I find it in my installed Diablo folders. It's a 'Coolsims' hair indeed, number 49.

If you like I can give you the face data from one of my Diablo characters. For a face import either using Wrye Bash or the utility 'Face Exchange Lite'.

Thank you I use a x110 Evy as well when I find outfits for her that look good for screenshots then I post them. Cool I didn't know glossmax had a way to change the default setting it would speed up going through mods like MBP though I don't think glossmax works on the head's and it definitely doesn't work on skins in armors I tried before. The next time I do a reinstall the MBP mesh folder will be rar'ed up so I will never have to do it again all I will have to do is intall MBP then unrar the MPB mesh one and overwrite it and when I start adding mods each one is going to be unrared glossed then rar'ed back but so that will never have to be done again.    

@myhuinny

For armours, I think glossmax looks for NiTriStrips Foot:something and NiMaterialProperty with the value of 'skin'. If the creator did not follow that convention, it will have to be done by nifskope.

For the head, definantly needs to be done in nifskope.  Just look for NiMaterialProperty with the value of 'skin'.

Using glossmax with 'Everything' [mod number 41223 on that 'other' site] so it is super easy.

Mem

oh my goodness, forgot to click "follow this topic". no wonder O_o

A lot of awesome help in here, thanks all ^^.

@poontank, Face data for one of your characters? That would be very appreciated ^^, as I can't seem to make my characters' face look nice from every angle, or at least it's taking me longer than usual. Via PM?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know everything on what to look for when glossing body with nifskope oblivion is the easiest one out of skyrim and fallout nv those you have to know what tab they are hidden under. The reason I think that I though it didn't work on armors was probably because of the icky pooh default 100 setting and I never got around to checking if it came with a ini file so that you could change the setting it in.

After you guys said that it should work on armors I went through my game folder meshes and tested it on a few nifs then looked at them in nifskope then glossed everything I was too lazy to do or they are a size that I would probably never wear they came with a set that had something I wanted to wear/check out and every worked flawlessly so thank you for the info. Now I won't have to unzip something gloss them in nifskope rar them back up delete the original and place them in a special folder named already glossed though I still might rar up the MBP folder as there is a shit ton of files in it and I don't want to have to do them again. The upside of glossmax is also that you can gloss every nif in a folder at one time.

Archived