--Minor spoiler-- Random encounter, old orc

AlivEc0cK

Minor spoilers, random encounter

Hello ;)

I was playing and near a giant camp, I found an Old Orc who wishes to ''find a good death'' because ''he is too old, bla bla bla''

I was wondering what to do with him. Should I give him his ''good death'' or leave him alone after trying to convince him without success?

Thanks

And here I was thinking that the random encounter was the animated gif in your post ;)

I'd just save before you make a decision and kill him to see what happens. Most of these random encounters really have no repercussions, they're just in the game to add some flavor and life to the world. I'd just give him what he wants, loot the inevitable lame loot on his body and move on.

yeah that's what I think too, but I'll wait just incase someone else did something different (I have just post this) xD

P.S.: it was a really good random encounter for me too when I found Carli Banks haha if anybody knows who is the one from the signature, let me know ;)

yeah that's what I think too' date=' but I'll wait just incase someone else did something different (I have just post this) xD

P.S.: it was a really good random encounter for me too when I found Carli Banks haha if anybody knows who is the one from the signature, let me know ;)

[/quote']

Well I think that if you left him just standing there then he won't be there when you come back. I ran into a woman demanding that I shoot her with the wabbajack staff but I didn't have it at the time. When I fast traveled to my house and back to get it, she wasn't there anymore.

i read about someone getting this encounter. they wrote that they killed the guy, then found a bunch of enemies, killed them, and dragged them around the dead orc's corpse so that when other orcs or people found him they'd see how badass he was taking down so many people.

i read about someone getting this encounter. they wrote that they killed the guy' date=' then found a bunch of enemies, killed them, and dragged them around the dead orc's corpse so that when other orcs or people found him they'd see how badass he was taking down so many people.

[/quote']

This

Seriously That's just priceless

Creative too

I have finally killed him. I told Lydia and my dog to wait far enough so that I had time to kill him without intromissions. It was a short but honorable fight. I wish I had buried him but this game hasn't that option lol

You can Dump him on the river and fire arrows into the sky... That's a type of funeral...

Or place him on a stone platform and put a flower on his dead body... Make it all nice and pretty...

I've encountered this a few times already, you can get it multiple times in the same playthrough. In the end I decided to kill them. From a role playing perspective the encounter actually offers you a good bit of dialogue in hearing his reasoning for wanting to die and given the context of the Orc's worship of Malacath it did seem to make a lot of sense to me. In their society if you're not the chief a lot of the pleasures of life are denied to you, and if you age to the point where it is not possible to become one anymore then you have become permanently barred from raising your social status, self worth, or romantic relationships, it would leave you goal-less in those regards. These old Orcs obviously are entirely invested in the belief of this way of life and it's how they want to live (and die).

One thing that the orcs always seem to have access to in regard to their honor and self worth is to die honorably in combat to a worthy opponent whether you're a chief or not. At this point in the old Orc's life it's all he has left to strive for, and it is further reinforced by the fact that Malacath has given him a vision saying he can have this noble death if he waits at a certain spot, a spot which you happen to wander into. It struck me as a form of redemption for a life not lived at the top in their god's eyes who seems to value it above almost everything else. The alternative is to become too old to fight and to lose the last chance available to mean something in regard to their culture, they would become useless and thus shameful to their people and themselves.

So yeah, help them out like a true hero would and use your power to give them what they need to be happy, even if their ideals seem a bit odd to you. You get some extra gold in your pocket from selling their gear just like most of the other quests available in the world, and you get the satisfaction of helping someone in a very significant way in a pivotal point in their lives for the better. Otherwise the game just deletes the random encounter after you walk off and nobody wins. D:

Archived