Stolen Possession(s)

Guest endgameaddiction

Guest endgameaddiction

Alright I need to ask someone who might know, but before I ask I'm gonna explain the situation.

About 3 months ago my front kit to my Nissan 240sx was stolen up on my driveway. The front kit was sitting on the ground in front tucked underneath the car a bit. Prior to a week before that someone came up knocking on my door interested in buying my car but they were told that it wasn't for sale. The person who stole it, stole it during the night while I was sleeping. Now where I have my Nissan parked, it's not near the street, it's sitting further inside and my truck is parked behind it, so it's not easy to spot the car. I get people coming up knocking all the time desperately asking to sell it. The last guy that came by offered to give me two cars for it, but I sent him on his way.

Well today (in my neighborhood) I found my front kit sitting on this guys old piece of shit Honda accord. The idiot had it backed in on his driveway and clearly visible to see driving by. The reason why I know it's mine is simple. When I ordered the whole body kit, I never painted it, And I clearly remember certain scratches it had on it. I took about 8 pictures of it and you can clearly see that it's not made for his shitty ride. I even took smaps of his plates and where he lives. I also know the cops won't do a damn thing unless I can prove it's mine and he cannot.

My question is, does each body kit piece come with a serial number? I still have my receipt from when I bought it, but it only shows the Item #.

Here's my ride with the missing front...

fskj.jpg

2mog.jpg

19rb.jpg

arwi.jpg

and here are some of the guys crappy honda accord with my front kit...

e9p0.jpg

jzfj.jpg

xaa6.jpg

ydh5.jpg

Guest endgameaddiction

Yeah I did shortly after it was open. They said each piece doesn't come with the s/n. Sucks, but I'm gonna have to resolve it in another way.

Sorry to tell you this but there is nothing you can do. In all fairness you shouldn't of left the kit unsecured outside.

While I do agree that the bumper does not fit on his car that doesn't mean that the kit is yours. Hell we don't even know the kit is yours and you could be making all of this up.

Unfortunately you have no chance of proving it is yours. Your going to have to face that fact that it was stolen and lost.

Hopefully it didn't cost you to much money...

In all fairness you shouldn't of left the kit unsecured outside.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't take the wheels off their car after they get done driving for the day deserves to have their wheels stolen.

That doesn't really work as the wheels are attached to the vehicle making it hard to remove without drawing attention. The OP stated the kit wasn't attached to the car it was just tucked under it.

Obviously that front kit wasn't designed for that make of car you can tell by how badly it fits. Frankly it's a miracle he even managed to get it attached at all without breaking it.

In all fairness you shouldn't of left the kit unsecured outside.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't take the wheels off their car after they get done driving for the day deserves to have their wheels stolen.

That doesn't really work as the wheels are attached to the vehicle making it hard to remove without drawing attention. The OP stated the kit wasn't attached to the car it was just tucked under it.

Obviously that front kit wasn't designed for that make of car you can tell by how badly it fits. Frankly it's a miracle he even managed to get it attached at all without breaking it.

I don't agree with his comparison but he does sort of have a point. While still bs, the fact remains the part was left unattached.

All the OP can do is try to see if the police will help. But at this point I doubt they would spend the time to do it. My only advice here is if you get a car trim kit, either attach it in a timely matter or keep them hidden until you do.

Guest endgameaddiction

It was attached, but I had it off at the moment. The cops won't really do anything. I can provide paperwork, while the other guy can't, but that still isn't enough evidence unless a s/n or some kind of verification number is embedded. I called the place where I had purchased it online and the guy said they don't come with a s/n. The only thing I could do is fight it and take it ti court, but that is too much. I'll just wait and see. He has no idea that I know.

It was attached, but I had it off at the moment. The cops won't really do anything. I can provide paperwork, while the other guy can't, but that still isn't enough evidence unless a s/n or some kind of verification number is embedded. I called the place where I had purchased it online and the guy said they don't come with a s/n. The only thing I could do is fight it and take it ti court, but that is too much. I'll just wait and see. He has no idea that I know.

Taking the guy to court isn't gonna be worth it, even if you win you'll likely have paid your lawyer 2x as much as it costs anyway

Guest endgameaddiction

I have no means of taking it that far. I was just hoping there was an easy way of settling this. Thanks for the comments and feedback. Really appreciate it.

Guest endgameaddiction

I'm debating. I mean only an idiot would put it on in the same neighborhood. So my only guess is he's an idiot or someone sold it to him.

I'm debating. I mean only an idiot would put it on in the same neighborhood. So my only guess is he's an idiot or someone sold it to him.

Yes...the person is an idiot. That said, he might not have wiped the stolen part down with any cleaner to maybe, like....get rid of prior owner's fingerprints, especially on the inside areas. If you've handled the part within 2-4 months time, then with the pictures you took (and if you make enough noise when calling the police from in front of the guy's house: MAKE them do their job), you can probably get it back, especially if you get at least one smart one to notice how craptastic the fit is to such a POS.

One trick I did when I 'lost' one of my japanese swords (a real, extremely sharp katana from one of my sets) was complain loudly to the police. I knew who took it, and the person was caught in his front yard swinging it around, the primate showing off for his female. He said he'd bought it from someone, but couldn't supply a name. I'd told the police that I'd like to use a blacklight on the sword, since the kashira (pommel) was marked with invisible ink. It was a lie, but the cops made the guy sweat when they handed me a flashlight with a blue lens (the idiot didn't know it wouldn't work that way), and he finally gave it back. He still swore he bought it from someone else, though, so the cops let him off the hook.

Maybe the police who show up could be asked to 'follow the script', and make the idiot give it up without a warrant, like "If we find his prints on the inside of this part, you're going to jail..." and such. Don't know how useful cops are nowadays, though, but I hope they're ones that will go along with your plan.

Chbaakal said already everything.

Just call the police. Tell them what you know. Ask them to show up at the vehicle place (the cops and you). contact the "new" owner. in most cases you will have luck and the problem will solve it's self. But I'm not sure anymore about us law and from state to state there are difference. somehow i miss the my work place in the us :) anyway. try it but i can also fire back at you and the new owner is going to claim that you talk bullshit and use the police as his own tool.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the party, but I had something similar happen to me. I had some lifts sitting in front of my car after I was working on it and went inside for a drink and they were gone in seconds. I'm wondering if there is a serial number you might have that could be of help. If I was in your neighborhood. It'd get it back for you in just a few hours, five finger discount style. Fight fire with fire.

Archived