Getting past EAs new bullshit censorship??

So, I haven't played Sims 4 in about 2 years, but last week, I decided to pick up the game again and tried to find my old mods and install them, but apparently, EA went with this mod manager called CurseForge???  And apparently, it won't allow Wickedwhims and other adult mods.  What the fuck?? surely, there is a workaround?  Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone for your input!  It would appear that I hit the panic button when I first heard about this curse forge thing, and yes, I found where to install non-curseforge mods, including Turbodriver's mod!!!

The only good mod organizer is Mod Organizer 1 or 2 (virtual folder, mod archive system with script to install/update complex mods) and it doesn't work for TS4 mods. It's really sad but TS4 modding community is far behind fallout or elderscroll ones. So, I'm using Windows Explorer too.

Curseforge sucks because : they cannot install properly "complex" sims mods (if you have to remove or move optional package for example), they don't have an open API to manage the mod with you own tool.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:51 PM, FauxFurry said:

Use Nexus Mod Manager/Vortex, Mod Organizer 2 or just manually install mods. Curseforge was never necessary. 

Yesh I really like Vortex. Drag, drop and it helps sorts conflicts out.