Whats ur favourite race in elder scrolls games

Whats ur favourite race in elder scrolls games 

My favourite race in elder scrolls is orc,

because they are good in battles 🤯 and they have an ability called beresker rage 

Berserker Rage is a racial power of Orcs in Skyrim. During Berserker Rage, the Orc takes half damage from enemies and deals twice as much damage. It will affect any physical damage dealt, making bows deal double damage as well as melee weapons, but does not affect spell or enchantments on weapons.

6516690-1669001797.webp

Edited by whitewolf23

Bosmer, hands down - without ifs and buts - case closed 😛

What do you need an explanation for?
Fine, for those who weren't lucky enough to find out on their own. With a little practice, wood elves are able to steal their enemies' weapons before the fight even starts... And when it comes to simply sneaking away, Bosmer have a clear advantage, not to mention their beautiful looks, sparkling intellect, epic songs or their great houses build IN TREES.

c-Lilith-definitely-a-wood-elf.jpg

PS: this post is not mine, Lilith wrote it and no, she's not the modest type ... 😇

• whitewolf23 changed the title to Whats ur favourite race in elder scrolls games
3 hours ago, whitewolf23 said:

yes argonians looks very cool is it true they swim very well than other races ?

I assumed you were making some kind of joke because Khajit and Argonians are the only playable beast races in the vanilla game. My reference to Charr was a joke because they are from Guild Wars 2.

Argonians swim better than other races because they can breathe underwater.

Edited by branmakmuffin
On 4/2/2024 at 2:31 PM, chooseChaos said:

Bosmer, hands down - without ifs and buts - case closed 😛

What do you need an explanation for?
Fine, for those who weren't lucky enough to find out on their own. With a little practice, wood elves are able to steal their enemies' weapons before the fight even starts... And when it comes to simply sneaking away, Bosmer have a clear advantage, not to mention their beautiful looks, sparkling intellect, epic songs or their great houses build IN TREES.

c-Lilith-definitely-a-wood-elf.jpg

PS: this post is not mine, Lilith wrote it and no, she's not the modest type ... 😇

yes wood elfs are good hunters and they are also masters in using bow

20 hours ago, whitewolf23 said:

yes wood elfs are good hunters and they are also masters in using bow

A certain Bosmer has never touched a bow in her entire life... the throwing knives she uses are considered one-handed weapons. 😁

23 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

I assumed you were making some kind of joke because Khajit and Argonians are the only playable beast races in the vanilla game. My reference to Charr was a joke because they are from Guild Wars 2.

Argonians swim better than other races because they can breathe underwater.

Yes, they should be able to breath under water, but at least in my old ps3 skyrim days that was no guarantee of not drowning anyway, R.I.P. poor little argonian hero named, Roars like a dragon* ... 🥺

* or something like that, I mean ... Calling a dragonborn Argonian "like a dragon" was/is an obvious choice, right? 😁

7 hours ago, chooseChaos said:

Yes, they should be able to breath under water, but at least in my old ps3 skyrim days that was no guarantee of not drowning anyway, R.I.P. poor little argonian hero named, Roars like a dragon* ... 🥺

I have never played an Argonian or a Khajit. In all the decades I have D&D, other than in a one-shot, I have played a "monster" race once. It's just not my bag.

Edited by branmakmuffin
On 4/13/2024 at 12:49 PM, chooseChaos said:

A certain Bosmer has never touched a bow in her entire life... the throwing knives she uses are considered one-handed weapons. 😁

* or something like that, I mean ... Calling a dragonborn Argonian "like a dragon" was/is an obvious choice, right? 😁

Throwing knives? Seems they are better in weapons that are used to kill people who are far away, maybe like ninja blades

Whenever possible, I don't use standard breeds - so I've always chosen "exotic" breeds since it was possible.

For "Morrowind" I tried several races - but the "Dunmer" are ultimately the easiest race for me to play... partly because of their fire resistance and because the racism of the locals really got on my nerves!

In "Oblivion" I chose the "Ayleids" - physically very weak - but high magician values... the mod also brought a graphical overhaul for the additional races

In "Skyrim" the "Nord" race is the most commonly used - this is also due to the fact that many "foreign" races (that were added through mods) have the "Nord" race as a base - see many variants of vampires or demons

There are hardly any really profound revisions - i.e. new creations - of races... the best known (and for me best) is the giant mod that integrates "Dwemer" and "Falmer" (the historical snow elves).

But the most blatant “race” is this one

Currently, for narrative reasons, I have chosen the race of "Bretons" for my blog story - deliberately NOT a Nord... precisely because of the racism of the local "Nords"... but at the end of the second main part my character becomes this transformed into a very special “Daughter of Cold Harbor”.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, whitewolf23 said:

Throwing knives? Seems they are better in weapons that are used to kill people who are far away, maybe like ninja blades

At the latest when someone encounters one or two dragons at the same time, it would certainly be better if this person had a bow or crossbow at hand, otherwise they can only try to run away. Okay, one particular Bosmer is practiced at this. = problem solved!    😁

or not ... 🔥🐲🧊🐲☠️

On 4/18/2024 at 3:40 PM, chooseChaos said:

At the latest when someone encounters one or two dragons at the same time, it would certainly be better if this person had a bow or crossbow at hand, otherwise they can only try to run away. Okay, one particular Bosmer is practiced at this. = problem solved!    😁

or not ... 🔥🐲🧊🐲☠️

Did you know wood elves are secretly monsters 

On 4/21/2024 at 10:39 AM, whitewolf23 said:

Did you know wood elves are secretly monsters 

Maaaybe... I know there's some lore from old games/sources that suggest they weren't humanoid/mortal originally, but I'm always a little sceptical. Ideas get tossed around and reworked, retconned, scrapped, whatever. For example Cyrodiil was supposedly dense jungle, but when Oblivion came out it super wasn't. Morrowind completely overhauled... Morrowind... too. Orcs have been reworked through the games. Daggerfall had boobs and nudity everywhere, but in the Todd Howard era things are very chaste. Bethesda is a little fast and loose with lore.

As for favourite race, I like breton. In Oblivion I used to love that you could get their magic resistance to 100%, and have absorption as well. I don't like playing mages though, so I don't. Sneaky melee bretons are my style, with varying amounts of support magic. They were nerfed in Skyrim, but I still like their racial ability.

I've come around on orcs. Lady orcs are hot as hell. Redguards are also rad. Dislike high and wood elves, but dunmer are cool.

Team breton all the way. The forsworn were one of the more interesting ideas in Skyrim, too, I thought.

6 hours ago, Someone92 said:

Back when I was very actively playing Morrowing, Oblivion and Skyrim I was often min-maxing.

So obviously I was playing Breton.

Nowadays I usually play the race that looks best, which is still Breton.

Rumors are that Bretons are half elf and half human that's why they good in magic and in batlle, they are god mode in battle mage ( means using magic in one hand and weapon on another)

On 4/23/2024 at 5:27 PM, keitolainen said:

Maaaybe... I know there's some lore from old games/sources that suggest they weren't humanoid/mortal originally, but I'm always a little sceptical. Ideas get tossed around and reworked, retconned, scrapped, whatever. For example Cyrodiil was supposedly dense jungle, but when Oblivion came out it super wasn't. Morrowind completely overhauled... Morrowind... too. Orcs have been reworked through the games. Daggerfall had boobs and nudity everywhere, but in the Todd Howard era things are very chaste. Bethesda is a little fast and loose with lore.

As for favourite race, I like breton. In Oblivion I used to love that you could get their magic resistance to 100%, and have absorption as well. I don't like playing mages though, so I don't. Sneaky melee bretons are my style, with varying amounts of support magic. They were nerfed in Skyrim, but I still like their racial ability.

I've come around on orcs. Lady orcs are hot as hell. Redguards are also rad. Dislike high and wood elves, but dunmer are cool.

Team breton all the way. The forsworn were one of the more interesting ideas in Skyrim, too, I thought.

Did you know orcs were considered as monsters until morrowind game came orcs became civilians 

8 minutes ago, whitewolf23 said:

Did you know orcs were considered as monsters until morrowind game came orcs became civilians 

I had heard that, and I think there's a book in Skyrim that kind of talks about it, but I don't remember which one... My theory is orcs were always evil in classic fantasy like oldschool D&D and Tolkien, and that's what the first Elder Scrolls games borrowed from. Then Warcraft started making them actual characters in the late 90s (Warcraft 1 was a novelty back then), and WoW exploded in the mainstream. Blizzard changed how modern fantasy fiction sees them, and Bethesda followed their lead. I never played Elder Scrolls Online, so I dunno if they added new lore there.