SLS animal friend / I'm Walkin' Here patch

View File

I'm Walkin' Here has me very spoiled - it's really nice to simply walk through your followers instead of them blocking every single door or hallway.  It works by disabling collision on followers marked as "Teammates".  Your animal "friends" that you may acquire with SL Survival do not get tagged as Teammates however, so this edited version of the _SLS_AnimalFriend script fixes that.  (And let me tell you, it was not a simple thing to gather everything I needed to make this script compile.)

No plugin, just a script - safe to update midgame - read the notes below.

You may also be interested in 

Some things I've noted:

Quick Mass Follower Commands does not work with your animal friends either, but Swiftly Order Squad does. 

Your animal friends may not want to follow you through load doors.  From reading this post by Monoman1 it seems this script should be setting the race to be able to, but doesn't always work.  You can try the following to fix it. First, target your follower in the crosshair, and use SLS debug menu as shown:

Spoiler

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I've found that doesn't persist however, and used xEdit to change the race flags as shown (Obviously, the side effect of this is, well, the creature can use load doors, even enemies):

Spoiler

image.jpeg

This won't work for animal friends currently following you - you'll need to dismiss and reacquire them.

This was inspired by Pets of Skyrim (CC) Collision Patch - once I saw what was needed to make it work, this little patch was born.

Monoman1 noted in the script that setting the Teammate flag on the follower made them not follow again after being told to wait - I'm not currently seeing this glitch with my implementation.  If it happens to you, let me know with the details.

Credits:

Monoman1 for SL Survival

Fudgyduff for I'm Walkin' Here

Enodoc for Pets of Skyrim (CC) Collision Patch

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    SL Survival and I'm Walkin' Here
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Funny, i was just having issues with my companion and the damn wilderlings followers blocking me, i thought mods like "im walking here" was broken but i guess ill give both a crack tomorrow!

Thanks for making and sharing this!  :D 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Unknown22923 said:

Funny, i was just having issues with my companion and the damn wilderlings followers blocking me, i thought mods like "im walking here" was broken but i guess ill give both a crack tomorrow!

Thanks for making and sharing this!  :D 

Not broken - it works well, just all about implementation.  Let us know how it goes (and don't forget the note I made about dismissing and reacquiring those animal followers since you have some already).

And you are quite welcome :)

Edited by km4387
2 minutes ago, MattTheRagdoll said:

For the doors fix, would you need to do it for all creature races in Xedit then? I assume so, but just wanted to check. Otherwise thanks for a great little fix and some useful info on its implementation!

You're welcome! Yes, my screenshot was just a guide that I took during testing - you would have to do the same for any animal follower race you'd like to have with you.  There are probably some instances where you DON'T want them to follow (such as giants), so I left the guide so you can use your discretion.

I'm not against making a patch for those that should and shouldn't follow, but atm feel it should be user discretion - we're all different.

4 minutes ago, km4387 said:

You're welcome! Yes, my screenshot was just a guide that I took during testing - you would have to do the same for any animal follower race you'd like to have with you.  There are probably some instances where you DON'T want them to follow (such as giants), so I left the guide so you can use your discretion.

I'm not against making a patch for those that should and shouldn't follow, but atm feel it should be user discretion - we're all different.

Totally agree, everyone is going to want something slightly different (and may even be using mods that edit creature races in other ways). Thanks for the quick response!

1 minute ago, MattTheRagdoll said:

Totally agree, everyone is going to want something slightly different (and may even be using mods that edit creature races in other ways). Thanks for the quick response!

Correct, and this way that hypothetical user can create their own patch for those race edits.

11 hours ago, km4387 said:

Not broken - it works well, just all about implementation.  Let us know how it goes (and don't forget the note I made about dismissing and reacquiring those animal followers since you have some already).

And you are quite welcome :)

Installed it and followed your instructions (didn't do the door thingy yet) so far it works really well no errors or CTD,

Skyrim version 1.6.1170 SAE

Im walking here 1.7.0

SLS 0.685 BETA SE

Thanks again :)