Anniversary Edition, Mods, some general questions to ease my mind...

So I am an idiot. I allowed my Skyrim SE to be updated some weeks ago it seems, now SKSE in Mod Organizer2 is complaining about versions and so on. Until now I usually downgraded byck to the 1.57 version and was fine ... but all of that becomes such a hassle, and I am afraid I messed something up and would need to completely reinstall Skyrim SE and mods ... already I feel tired thinking about this...

However, one big question: How "bad" is it to just run with the latest anniversary edition and just use the mods I always used? Mostly the usual Sexlab mods (Sexlab, Apropos, some other stuff from here, some visual mods, I do not use much huge oerhaul mods), and what about FNIS, animations?

Is there an (easy!) way to assess if mods are working with anniversary edition, especially the "older" ones? On Nexus and a couple mods around here the modders at least clarify which versions they are meant for/work with?

In case someone is kind enough to anwer my questions, however, keep in mind the my first sentence above...

Your only headache will be mods with dlls, as you'll have to (again) find compatible versions of everything. The first thing you'll stumble on is Engine Fixes SSE which needs to be configured properly to work with 1130/1170. Other than that though, as far as I know people are running 1170 right now and the internet is not on fire which is usually a good sign.

Personally I'm sitting on 1.5.97 with Steam locked up. As far as I know its still possible to download 1.5.97 from Steam (even if that game doesn't officially exist anymore) if you want to go back, but as you already know, you'd have to do something to Steam after that to prevent it from updating it again.