I just watched (first time movies watching)

Just watched Alita Battle Angel. Mostly because YouTube was proposing splits of it and I was interested. Got it for 4 dollars 4K.

Movie is simple and not bad. The story is quite predictable but enjoyable.

If you like superpowers and lot of battles, this will give you a couple of hours of enjoyment.

Liked a lot the usage of motion capture and post 3d rendering heavily for the main character.

The end is not very good and made just to create a way to do a sequel that probably will never be done.

Alita: Battle Angel 2 - How Could It Continue? - Movie & Show News |  KinoCheck

The manga is tens of years old - the first part of the saga was published in 1990... my wife is basically a fan of "the first hour"

and she really liked the film adaptation - but it was difficult for me to watch the film with her - because of the many "spoilers" she said

3 hours ago, FacialLinks said:

Never saw the manga, I saw this (maybe an anime?) It seems to be quite similar.

Yes and the anime has a similar problem = ends before the whole story is told. 😞

If you interested in the story: The manga series is: Gunnm 銃夢, Ganmu, lit. 'gun dream' Battle Angel Alita is written by Yukito Kishiro 😁

• 3 weeks later...