Is there a way to make shadows not look like low quality pixelated garbage?

Since you apparently already have ENB installed, I'd say that leaves only a couple of options:

1. You've not configured your Skyrim ini as-per the ENB installation instructions, or some other ini setting is wrong.
  2. Swap out your current ENB preset for another one to make sure its not a preset/shader issue.

1. AFAIK the ENB preset I use doesn't really mention much relating to the INI files, besides that I just use the Ultra preset of BethINI with the recommended tweaks.

2. Do you know of any easy ones to install? A lot of ENB presets have a lot of requirements and I'd rather install a simple one to test (atm I use Natural View Tamriel).

The ENB preset has nothing to do with the ENB install itself, other than perhaps specifying which version you need. I can't seem to find any official install instructions anymore, but this guide seems to mention some of it at least. Probably shouldn't take it literally but the general gist of it is:

1. The video memory setting.
  2. The ini settings, specifically bFloatPointRenderTarget, and the shadow settings.

If in doubt, make a copy of your current ini files then delete them. The game will generate new ones. Sure your resolution will go back to 480p or whatever but if it fixes the shadow issue, you know where the problem is.

As for which preset to test with. No enb that I know of actually requires any other mod. What preset authors usually do is create their presets for specific texture mods, and specific weather mods. That doesn't mean you have to install those mods, especially in this case where whether your sky turned green or not is irrelevant. You only need another preset to test shadows with to make sure its not an issue with the current shaders. Also remember that presets tend to inherit from eachother, you'd want to make sure the other preset you're testing with is not a descendant of whatever you currently have.

Edited by traison

Can confirm that it isn't related to the INI file; deleted it and tried again. So for future testing I think I'll just stick with my old INI file (the one handled by BethINI).

I'll get to the next method later, but what do you mean by the ENB preset and the ENB install exactly? The ENB install are the files you download from the ENB website, right?