Hi I don't use this mod yet as I'm still on YameteKudasai but I want to try this out at some point and see if it's better or worse. I'm not sure if you're looking for ideas for features to add but something I'd be interested in is equipped item degradation post defeat.

I use a mod that reduces equipment temper from use, allowing it to break on occasion. I think it would very cool, in my play-through at least, if a consequence of defeat included a decrease in item temper for most/all equipped items as a meaningful gameplay penalty from defeat. And also to deter from immediately going back into combat post defeat at the risk of my equipped items being destroyed from combat from the other mod as a result of being having low temper.

I think that other mod just uses SetItemHealthPercent or something. I haven't looked much into it. I don't know if I'll try to implement this on my own. I'd definitely try your mod if you included it but obviously I don't expect or insist you do this. But I think this would be interesting for my particular game and I thought I'd share it in case you think it would be an interesting feature to add to your mod.

On 4/18/2024 at 8:08 AM, terms said:

I'm still on YameteKudasai but I want to try this out at some point and see if it's better or worse.

Yamete Kudasai is definitely better than this mod, it has more features (NPC v NPC,  more consequences). I made this since OStim compatibility was removed from YK, with the author stating no further attempts at compatibility was going to be attempted. Unfortunately, I am not an experienced modder, so progress will be slow as I work out what I can do. I'll take the idea into consideration though.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:09 PM, FxD2 said:

Yamete Kudasai is definitely better than this mod, it has more features (NPC v NPC,  more consequences).

Honestly it would just be nice to have a mod work consistently. I don't care about NPC v NPC stuff. Not to sound overly bitter. But Yamete Kudasai, for example, doesn't work out of the box with OStim and requires tweak it to start a scene at all. Even then, most of the settings in YK do not work sensibly. Now all of a sudden it no longer starts a scene; no error just a permanent downed state. And OSimpleDefeat won't start saying no animations can be found. There is probably an underlying issue behind both, but every single defeat mod I've ever used has been incredibly fragile. It's so tiring. Anyway I didn't mean to say if either was better in an absolute sense just something that I find enjoyable.

37 minutes ago, terms said:

I don't care about NPC v NPC stuff.

Yh, that's fair. It is something I want to add to this mod though, but I'll try to make sure it doesn't break anything else...

39 minutes ago, terms said:

doesn't work out of the box with OStim

I tried to get it working, but it turned out to be easier to just write one from scratch.

44 minutes ago, terms said:

OSimpleDefeat won't start saying no animations can be found

Could you elaborate on this? I could try to see what's causing this with a little more information.

1 hour ago, FxD2 said:

I tried to get it working, but it turned out to be easier to just write one from scratch.

I changed two lines where it assigns startanim and when it tries to start the scene. But it doesn't always select actors properly and, just as with all of these mods, the quest is a janky state machine that can get stuck in a bad state and you have to stop it from with a console command to unfuck things. (At least I should be grateful that people are including the source with their mods these days.)

String startanim = ""
    If(OStim.StartScene(p[1], p[0], false, false, false, startanim, zThirdActor = p[2]))

1 hour ago, FxD2 said:

Could you elaborate on this? I could try to see what's causing this with a little more information.

My guess is that it selected actors that it didn't have an animation pack for? But I have about twenty animation packs. So it isn't as if there are no animations. That was just the message in the top right screen IIRC, it appeared after "OSimpleDefeat loading..." and "OSimpleDefeat starting...". I don't know how to debug any of this stuff. So I don't know what kind of information is useful to you. If I see it happen again maybe I'll have more to offer than just complaining.

Edited by terms
23 hours ago, terms said:

So I don't know what kind of information is useful to you.

A modlist (modlist.txt from MO2/profiles/<profile name> if you use MO2 - I don't know where Vortex puts this list) and an Acheron.log (from Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE) would be a good place to start. Also other general information such as mod version, game version, Acheron version and checking all prerequisite mods are installed as well (check the description for all the details) will also be helpful.

the surrender hotkeytriggers the ostim cutscene, then crashes my game, and when im normally defeated in combat i kinda just fall on the ground and watch as my health goes back up but i cant move nor exit the bleed out state and the npcs become unhostile and just walk away from me 

Edited by manpanake
5 hours ago, manpanake said:

the surrender hotkeytriggers the ostim cutscene, then crashes my game, and when im normally defeated in combat i kinda just fall on the ground and watch as my health goes back up but i cant move nor exit the bleed out state and the npcs become unhostile and just walk away from me 

Could you provide more details on what game, mod and Acheron version you are using? The mod works fine when I test it myself on two different systems and load orders.

Game version 1.6.1170.0

Osimple defeat 1.1.0

Acheron version: Acheron v1-4-4-0  (This is what it says in my documents.)

load order attached

crashlog attached

acheron log attached

I got it to work first download after surrendering to some bandits in a cave, everything went right, then when i tried to surrender with a different group of hostile enemies it made my game crash, so i went to a diff area to see if itll crash when i surrender.. I noticed in some places ill surrender and my game wont crash, however the scene will start and im left with single female animation choices. Its either that or it crashes completely when surrendering and starting scene.

order.txt crashlog.txt acheron.txt

Edited by manpanake
On 4/12/2024 at 11:41 AM, FxD2 said:

I'm not sure why that would be, it should only be Acheron itself calling my quest and script to run, unless you are always surrendering in the combat. If you use the surrender option in this mod, it will always call the defeat quest, causing this mod's event to trigger every time. Perhaps try reinstalling Acheron, or check that the other events run without this mod installed first.

I finally managed to get another event to occur by drastically decreasing OSimpleDefeat's relative chance of triggering. I suppose the luck of the draw was pretty heavily given to OSimpleDefeat even when my other events were at a higher relative chance.

On 4/25/2024 at 4:39 PM, manpanake said:

I noticed in some places ill surrender and my game wont crash

Do these happen to be outside, in the Tamriel worldspace? I'll admit to limited testing in the open world, so I actually don't know how it may differ. Next update I will test more thoroughly though, and hopefully solve this issue.

16 hours ago, Insultedreference445 said:

does it work with creatures?

No, this uses the OStim Animation framework, which does not support creatures. There is this attempt, which I have not tested and judging from the comments doesn't seem to function anyway. I also am not fond of creature content, so I will not actively try to incorporate it into this mod. If someone were to find an easy method then I would add it, but I will not be actively attempting to make it work.

1 hour ago, HDMFanatic said:

I finally managed to get another event to occur by drastically decreasing OSimpleDefeat's relative chance of triggering. I suppose the luck of the draw was pretty heavily given to OSimpleDefeat even when my other events were at a higher relative chance.

Must be something with Acheron's own code, as its Acheron itself that chooses the consequences, not this mod. That's interesting to note though. With the next update, this shouldn't be a problem though as this mod should (hopefully) be the only consequence that needs to be active. 

On 4/9/2024 at 3:56 PM, EMBER1998 said:

I do not understand what the problem is. When OSimpleDefeat is triggered and the OStim scene is launched, after a few seconds the scene is interrupted and the battle begins again, only the opponents are running around without weapons. As I understand it, OStim disables scenes with enemy characters, but how can I fix this?

Having nearly the same issue, except on my end they will still have their weapons. Still looking through things on my end, but just wanted to drop a post that Im having a similar issue.

15 hours ago, Plebtierre said:

Having nearly the same issue, except on my end they will still have their weapons. Still looking through things on my end, but just wanted to drop a post that Im having a similar issue.

Are there other enemies causing the combat or is it the enemies involved in the scene? Either way, check that all the NPCs are added to a "Spectator" or "Aggressor" faction. In theory, and my testing, these factions should be set up to be friendly with the player so no combat can start. There is a possibility they are not added to a faction, or there is another mod overwriting this faction change - maybe some kind of AI changes/ factions to enemies mod.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well for me. Some enemies work just fine (i.e. bandits), but some just return to their own business instead of starting the scene (like attacked Thalmor patrol; after defeat they just go their own way while the PC is in bleedout). I don't thing I have any AI altering mods installed unless things like Smilodon counts. 

Hi there, thank you for your mod :)

I'm having an issue where no npc attacks me anymore, and this is not just npc, pretty much nothing attacks me anymore.

I think this is because one time when I was defeated, ostim scene did not start and I got out of it by drinking a potion and then I moved on.

Is there a way to fix this?

On 5/3/2024 at 7:50 PM, Zachariasz said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well for me. Some enemies work just fine (i.e. bandits), but some just return to their own business instead of starting the scene (like attacked Thalmor patrol; after defeat they just go their own way while the PC is in bleedout). I don't thing I have any AI altering mods installed unless things like Smilodon counts. 

What are your MCM settings? Could be the case that the Thalmor have too high morality to assault? I don't believe Smilodon should have any effect, but it could be worth testing without.

12 hours ago, afshin76 said:

Hi there, thank you for your mod :)

I'm having an issue where no npc attacks me anymore, and this is not just npc, pretty much nothing attacks me anymore.

I think this is because one time when I was defeated, ostim scene did not start and I got out of it by drinking a potion and then I moved on.

Is there a way to fix this?

Use console commands to remove them from the OSimpleDefeat Spectator/ Aggressor factions. The script should have done this automatically though? At least, in theory, it should work that way.