Wearable Ears and Tails

View File

please read the whole post before downloading

Credits and Legal stuff

chemistt made 2 mods that i combined and slightly modified

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19108 and https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19107

robotized made the tutorial i used to modify them

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56149

original credits from chemistt mods

Calyps for this mod and other awesome work on Skyrim
Caliente and others - you know what for ;)
Nadriel for first inspiration with that bunny ears :)
FingerCeaser for testing vanilla body type

AAF - everyone who helped with AAF

JB - for fixing it to work correctly with AAF

original permissions say to enhance as you like but give credit and i do.

permissions for my work is simple

give credit

do not require payment (keep it free) 

that's all

Requirements = base game

now what the mod gives you is a total of 4 types of ears and 2 types of tails, craftable at Cham Station (1 leather each).

Spoiler

Cat Ears

Cow Ears

Fox Ears

Fox Tail

Wolf Ears

Wolf Tail

2 versions of the mod - use only 1 version

Combo Version - see bottom of post

AAF Version - now works correctly with AAF (Thanks to JB)

regular names uses biped slot 48 (headband) for the ears and slot 54 (unnamed) for the tails.

i would suggest using this version if you plan to equip the ears and tails to NPCs (followers, settlers, etc)

after crafting (or using console to get them) equip like normal (for both you and other NPCs)

Lite names takes a little work when equipping for them to show correctly.  after getting them (whether by crafting or using console)

equip one part then exit Pip-Boy, then equip 2nd part and both should now be visible on your character.

Spoiler

the reason i made a Lite named no biped slot used version is that i have other mods that use slot 54 and wanted to be able to have a tail and still let 

other mods use that slot.  prime example is the jetpack visible in some of the screenshots as it uses slot 54.

the jetpack mod i use is the Cross Jetpack (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12471)

Conflicts = none known at this time.

Known Issues

Spoiler

1 = AAF = they are removed during AAF scenes and i have no clue how to fix this. Fixed thanks to JB.

if you know how to fix this PLEASE post the fix or leave detailed instructions on how to do it and i will try to fix it.

2 = they are technically apparel so anything that strips you apparel from your inventory will remove them. if a mod (like Violate or MHK takes all your

inventory they will be with the rest of your inventory).  i do not know how to prevent this, but you can just craft a new set (or use console).

3 = if you use the Lite named pieces they will not show correctly on other NPCs, you can have either the ears or the tail show by standard means.

give to NPC and then have NPC equip it.  for some reason if you give both ears and tail to an NPC and have that NPC equip both only

one part will show in game.  i do not know why and if you can fix this please do so.

Limited Testing results (tested with Commonwealth Slavers and Milking Human Kindness)

Spoiler

Commonwealth Slavers (2.39G)

when first enslaved by Gristle he does not take them (they stay when he strips you), and when entering the Whore House Declan did not take

them from my character either.  test character did not get shocked for wearing them, but as i am not sure how submissive she was it might shock

(punish) you for wearing them if to rebellious.

Milking Human Kindness

when first teleported to the Breeding Pit they are removed from your inventory.  just use console to add another copy to your inventory and they

should work again.  they did NOT affect whether i was naked or not according to MHK.

if you can improve (or want to) them please do so, just please give credit to the original creators.

if you can fix Known Issue #2 (AAF) PLEASE (pretty please with sugar on top) do so. Fixed thanks to JB.

thank you to anyone who tries them out and enjoy.

WOOT i actually learned something new and it works (figured out how to have both biped slot and non biped slot types in game and have them

work without the lag issue).

NEW - Combo Version AAF Test is a ESL flagged ESP (does not use a regular plugin slot)

this version allows you to craft both types (biped slot type and the Lite non biped slot type).

in Chem Station the type that does not use a biped slot is labelled Animal Ears Lite/Animal Tails Lite (use this only on your character as it will not show correctly on NPCs)

the type that does use the biped slots is usable by both NPCs and your character. labelled in Chem Station as Animal Ears/Animal Tails (without the Lite).

if using the Lite version on your character you still have to equip one piece and exit Pip-Boy then equip second piece for it to show correctly.

the regular named show fine on all, but the Lite named pieces may not show correctly during AAF scenes.

leaving this version for those who want them but do not want scripts but they will not work fully with AAF.

AAF Version works the same as the combo version, but will now show correctly in AAF scenes.

this version should work the exact same as the Combo Version, but does have scripts.

I do not know enough to be sure, but I imagine the problem with AAF removing your ears/tails during scenes is because the scenes use a clone of the player, and the cloning process does not know how to clone these ears/tails.

Beyond that...

Are these intended to be anatomy or devices? (That matters for both modders and players, because the concepts would be so different.)

Today was a boring day at the office and I wrote you a patch for AAF, the clone should equip the equipment you're wearing, even if it's the "lite" one. I will test it tonight and send it to you if it works. 

I never used items without armor slots, so I couldn't tell you the cause of your bug. 

My script detects if you have a "lite" item equipped, and will equip it to the AAF clone with its non-lite version. 

Edit: Yep, it works fine. 

Tails and Ears - AAF.7z

Edited by JB.
10 hours ago, JB. said:

Today was a boring day at the office and I wrote you a patch for AAF, the clone should equip the equipment you're wearing, even if it's the "lite" one. I will test it tonight and send it to you if it works. 

I never used items without armor slots, so I couldn't tell you the cause of your bug. 

My script detects if you have a "lite" item equipped, and will equip it to the AAF clone with its non-lite version. 

Edit: Yep, it works fine. 

Tails and Ears - AAF.7z 5.72 MB · 0 downloads

THANK YOU so much for this.

tested on my current game and still have the issue, but not on a new game with AAF 1.71 installed.

so that tells me i have something "baked in" causing the problem in my current game.

well that does give me a reason to start a new game after i finish the current run at the alternate start of NR 6.61h i am currently doing.

adding to main download page.

thanks

not much of a modder anymore (wrist injury 20+ years ago means i cannot use regular mouse for long so i play with controller)

but someone in one of the threads i follow mentioned the ears and tails, so i went looking and with the permission open like 

they are i figured if i make it for me others might like it too.

2 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i cannot use regular mouse for long so i play with controller

I never did learn the mouse/keyboard way, I too use a controller with keyboard inputs.  :thumbsup:

I think the ears mess with the breast physics mod in the sex animation.  I am using the AAF version and the ears do show up in the animation.  My female character uses the fusion girl body and has the body physics mod OCBPC.  There is no effect normally, but the breasts get all stretched in some direction during a sex animation.  I tried it with and without the cat ears equipped and found the breasts are normal without the ears but the breasts look weird with the ears equipped.

6 hours ago, bholt917 said:

I think the ears mess with the breast physics mod in the sex animation.  I am using the AAF version and the ears do show up in the animation.  My female character uses the fusion girl body and has the body physics mod OCBPC.  There is no effect normally, but the breasts get all stretched in some direction during a sex animation.  I tried it with and without the cat ears equipped and found the breasts are normal without the ears but the breasts look weird with the ears equipped.

not sure what is happening as the original mods (the ones i created this from) were only tested with CBBE and Vanilla

and i use CBBE so i am guessing that it is either something to do with FG or the physics mod or possibly the combination of them both.

i really do not know a lot about FO4 modding (i used FO4Edit to make this) so sadly won't be able to tell you what is wrong.

15 hours ago, valcon767 said:

not sure what is happening as the original mods (the ones i created this from) were only tested with CBBE and Vanilla

and i use CBBE so i am guessing that it is either something to do with FG or the physics mod or possibly the combination of them both.

i really do not know a lot about FO4 modding (i used FO4Edit to make this) so sadly won't be able to tell you what is wrong.

For now, the AAF version of this mod just is not compatible with fusion girl with the physics mod in animations.  The ears don't seem to cause any other problems as far as I can tell.  I used to have CBBE with a physics mod and found that the breast jiggle physics caused the breasts to move wildly during an animation.  I might try the version of this mod that does not keep the ears on during an animation. 

20 minutes ago, bholt917 said:

For now, the AAF version of this mod just is not compatible with fusion girl with the physics mod in animations.  The ears don't seem to cause any other problems as far as I can tell.  I used to have CBBE with a physics mod and found that the breast jiggle physics caused the breasts to move wildly during an animation.  I might try the version of this mod that does not keep the ears on during an animation. 

I too use FG + OCBP and have no problems with the cat ears. What animation is it? 

Capturadepantalla2024-03-2817_39_30.png.a685574a659878391a5528719e9ce2be.png

image.png.7ecb6b50edd175080cea13d18b49c6e1.png

3 hours ago, JB. said:

I too use FG + OCBP and have no problems with the cat ears. What animation is it? 

Capturadepantalla2024-03-2817_39_30.png.a685574a659878391a5528719e9ce2be.png

image.png.7ecb6b50edd175080cea13d18b49c6e1.png

I cycled it through several sex animations in the different positions and all of them were affected.  It was like the boobs were being pulled, sometimes out straight, down against her body or up.  This effect only happened when the cat ears were equipped.  I did not try the other animal ears.  I uninstalled the AAF version of the mod and installed the combo version and the problem went away.  The cat ears are still on her head during the animation and they seem to stay in place.  I don't know if I just had to exit and restart the game to correct it or if there is something in the added scripts of the AAF version that caused the issue.