I would start the investigation with the mods that have been installed since the last saved game.

And this knowledge is primarily yours.

It is not absolutely necessary that one of the mods installed since then is faulty... it is enough that the loading order (the position of one or more plugins) has changed due to the installation of another mod... the "engine" of Skyrim often reacts very sensitively.

For this reason, it is often not a good idea to continue your game with an old save after installing new mods... there are mod authors who generally advise against this - and I, as a long-time mod user, also recommend it.

And no - I haven't looked at their crash list

This may be one of those rare cases where a CTD actually comes from Papyrus. Your issue is in a script that inherits from SKI_ConfigBase. More specifically it seems its coming from the OnGameReload event. So:

1. Use Notepad++ to search through all pex scripts in all mods for SKI_ConfigBase to get a list of potential candidates. Remember that scripts can hide inside BSA files as well.
  2. Do another search, this time for OnGameReload and crossreference your findings.

Also, ReSaver may have something to say about this. It may also be useful for finding all SKI_ConfigBase inheriting scripts (not sure). A less robust way of doing the search is to just assume this stems from some mod with an MCM component.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:51 PM, Miauzi said:

I would start the investigation with the mods that have been installed since the last saved game.

And this knowledge is primarily yours.

It is not absolutely necessary that one of the mods installed since then is faulty... it is enough that the loading order (the position of one or more plugins) has changed due to the installation of another mod... the "engine" of Skyrim often reacts very sensitively.

For this reason, it is often not a good idea to continue your game with an old save after installing new mods... there are mod authors who generally advise against this - and I, as a long-time mod user, also recommend it.

And no - I haven't looked at their crash list

BoS mod was the culprit it seems