Making the plunge to SE finally - SoS no longer used?

Finally making the plunge into modding SE.  (My old system did like SE mods for some reason, but it died and I have a nice new computer.)

I notice that Schlongs of Skyrim doesn't seem to be supported anymore.  Is that true or am I missing something?  I am looking for either the current version of SOS or what has replaced it.

Thanks,

eric

This question comes up literally every week on this forum. Surely going back a couple of pages or Googling it would have answered your question?

Also it is quite unlikely you'd be upgrading to Skyrim SE considering it officially doesn't exist anymore. You're upgrading to Skyrim AE version 1.6.1170 unless you're taking specific measures to alter this. You need to know this, otherwise you'll be back here in a day or two wondering why you're getting in-game popups and FNIS errors about incompatible mods.

Posted (edited)

To the best of my knowledge I am using SE.  AE is a paid upgrade I did not get.

I have tried those 3 versions, and all give me DLL errors and will not work.  I am still early in the process of modding, so there isn't a bunch of other stuff in my install to muck things up yet.

Edited by erc1971
9 minutes ago, erc1971 said:

AE came accompanied with a patch that was rolled out to everyone, so without buying it you still get broken mods

12 minutes ago, erc1971 said:

The only thing that matters is the version of your SkyrimSE.exe. Not the receipt from the shop, not any physical media. Start with this, then you know which SOS version you need to hunt down.

Edited by traison

It's still listed as Special Edition on Steam. But the name doesn't matter. Use exact executable versions when looking at compatibilities and refer to stated requirements to see if you need any additional CC for a mod or something.

About SOS, the original uploader hasn't been active in quite a while, but updated DLL files are available, also a workaround that doesn't use the DLL (but I wouldn't recommend it really). There's also a new body type for males (the new gentleman) but last time I checked it lacked variants or a way to control size of pp like SOS.

If you want to save a lot of time creating threads or trying to find existing threads for every single mod you should definitely use posts to get SE compatible mods (blue links in my signature, also pinned threads in its respective forum sections). There you'll find the updated installer with the new DLL files for SOS and a lot more info.

Edited by Just Don't

OK, so should be using AE versions of all mods - that will hopefully make installing other mods work easier.

With SOS no longer receiving support, all the various work arounds not working...

Is there another (hopefully simple) option to give men penises for Sexlab animations?

Thanks,

Eric

16 minutes ago, erc1971 said:

OK, so should be using AE versions of all mods - that will hopefully make installing other mods work easier.

Exact. Executable. Version. Not AE or SE. Awful way of finding out you're using the wrong files because inaccurate terms.

The workarounds work, maybe there isn't an updated dll for the latest update which was a month ago or so. Also I already mentioned an alternate mod (the new gentleman), there's also SOS lite and the very old static mesh replacements like better lates, but there are way better options than that really.

1 hour ago, erc1971 said:

With SOS no longer receiving support, all the various work arounds not working...

Is there another (hopefully simple) option to give men penises for Sexlab animations?

Thanks,

Eric

first intall SOS SE then install correct dll for your game here . You'll want 1170 version unless you know what you are doing.

If you bought game from steam this means you have AE version of the game even though you haven't bought AE upgrade.

And no there is no alternative to SOS in skyrim. Closest one is SAM which also uses SOS as a base

EDİT: My mistake you may also want to install 1179 version if you have the game on GOG. Just check what version is your game is then install correct dll from the link above.

Edited by Bastak21

I'm a week or so into building my first ever SE game. I am on v1.5.97 (the exe) and SKSE v2.00.20.

I am using HIMBO and The New Gentlemen for males and CBBE 3BA for females - both with CBPC physics. And I'm using Pandora Behaviour Engine.

So no SOS, no FNIS and no HDT-PE.

All of the above was unknown to me last week. All of it worked from the off. No problem with Human or Creature sex.

Use the three excellent links in @Just Don't's signature.

13 hours ago, Just Don't said:

There's also a new body type for males (the new gentleman) but last time I checked it lacked variants or a way to control size of pp like SOS.

The body is HIMBO and TNG is the schlong and it has more sliders than you can shake a dick at. From what I understand, these have both come from people over at the SAM community.

EDIT: The TNG schlong has four sliders: length, thickness, bend and head. There are three types of schlong: circumcised, regular uncircumcised and muscular uncircumcised.

Apologies for the duff info.

11 hours ago, Bastak21 said:

Closest one is SAM which also uses SOS as a base

Er, no. SAM is an alternative to SOS with its own body and schlong.

Edited by Grey Cloud
24 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

The body is HIMBO and TNG is the schlong and it has more sliders than you can shake a dick at. From what I understand, these have both come from people over at the SAM community.

I see. I'll try it again soon then. From what I remember it had compatibility with SL out of the box so that shouldn't be an issue.

37 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

I see. I'll try it again soon then. From what I remember it had compatibility with SL out of the box so that shouldn't be an issue.

Works seamlessly with SL as far as I can tell - no hoops to jump through to make things play nice. Not an issue for me but the Pandora BE isn't compatible with Zaz yet. Pandora is wicked fast - over 17k animations done in 1-3 seconds. 😵 I think 3.6 seconds is the longest I've noticed. If it ever takes 5 seconds I'm rage-quitting. 😁 I've no idea what it does if it comes across an LE animation in SE.

Just remembered that I'm not using the Animation Limit Crash Fix as that was the only thing which has broke things so far. Maybe Pandora has something similar built in as I saw something 'malloc' flash by Pandora while was installing. 🤷‍♂️

All three of these have good, detailed info.

Edited by Grey Cloud
3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Er, no. SAM is an alternative to SOS with its own body and schlong.

Doesn't SAM for SE uses sos scripts as a base? Original SAM is not compatible with SE and closes you can use is Schlongs of SAM which also has sos scripts implemented on it. Correct me if Im mistaken you are likely to know better than me if you used it.

EDIT: I forgot SAM light so yeah

Edited by Bastak21
7 hours ago, Bastak21 said:

Doesn't SAM for SE uses sos scripts as a base?

I was going off my LE experience. I seem to recall there was some sort of hybrid SAM/SOS (body/schlong or schlong/body can't remember) but they are essentially two different and independent mods.

10 hours ago, Just Don't said:

EDIT: The TNG schlong has four sliders: length, thickness, bend and head. There are three types of schlong: circumcised, regular uncircumcised and muscular uncircumcised.

Apologies for the duff info.