Fade to black in Raven Rock - No CTD - Not blackface

Another weird one. Near Raven Rock (and so far, only Raven Rock) my screen will slowly fade to black like a transition but then it stays black. It might happen right away, after 5 minutes, or after 20 minutes in RR. Everything still works but I'm blind. I can walk, use the menus, fast travel. If I move far enough away from Raven Rock, my vision is normal again. One other clue, I got into a battle outside Raven Rock, my screen faded to black, but during explosions my screen would brighten and for a split second I could see the area around the explosion (like a fireball or something landing near me). 

Again, not a ctd, not the blackface bug. I googled and found one person with the problem and it turned out to be Lucien, but I don't have him in my game so it's something else. What kind of bug is this, what kind of problem causes it? 

Edited by Duncan Idaho

I don’t know a way to track down why it happens, but try entering “RemoveImageSpaceModifier” in the console when it happens. If that clears the issue then we know a script applied one, which may help determine what is going on. Make sure you have the script log turned on, as when the script tries to remove it later, there could be an error message revealing who did it.

Do you have any mods using Black Books? The scripts for those do a lot of fades to black.

Edited by ghastley