Need a little assist .obj to .nif conversion

Need a little assist .obj to .nif conversion

Okay I got bored with skyrim and broke into Blender to try to convert a poser file / mesh to a nif for Oblivion. I got it all working resized it all everything looks good bone weights painted. I ran into an issue in nifscope while trying to apply a texture to the model related to faces and vertices when I tried to update the Tangent spaces and the textures are not showing up.

Can someone point me to a decent tutorial for this or perhaps help me out with some instruction please.

This is the error I am getting in Nifscope has anyone ever seen this:

"need vertices, normals, texture coordinates and faces to calculate tangents and binormals"

Bis

I'm a bit of a noob at blender myself, so I'm pretty sure you tried these but anyway:

Is the UV unwrapped?

Applied texture and mapped to UV?

Are the faces triangles (not quads). Not sure but I don't think Oblivion renders anything but triangles?

Tried to face/smooth normals?

Those are the most obvious things I can think of.

I'm a bit of a noob at blender myself' date=' so I'm pretty sure you tried these but anyway:

Is the UV unwrapped?

Are the faces triangles (not quads). Not sure but I don't think Oblivion renders anything but triangles?

[/quote']

poser models are already mapped fucking with the uvmaps will only screw them up. Also Oblivion can render quads

check your texture size.

Oblivion needs specific texture sizes such as 64x64 64x128 128x128 128x256 256x256 256x512 512x512

and so on. 512 1024 2048 work well

be sure you put the textures into the proper directory you can have them anywhere but the textures folder inside your games data folder

I'm a bit of a noob at blender myself' date=' so I'm pretty sure you tried these but anyway:

Is the UV unwrapped?

[/quote']

poser models are already mapped fucking with the uvmaps will only screw them up. Also Oblivion can render quads

check your texture size.

Oblivion needs specific texture sizes such as 64x64 64x128 128x128 128x256 256x256 256x512 512x512

and so on. 512 1024 2048 work well

be sure you put the textures into the proper directory you can have them anywhere but the textures folder inside your games data folder

I am using a known good generic texture as I always do. I am pretty sure it is something I am not doing correctly in Blender correctly although it exports fine. I'll keep banging away on it.

@EvenstarGW, did all of the above.

I am using a known good generic texture as I always do. I am pretty sure it is something I am not doing correctly in Blender correctly although it exports fine. I'll keep banging away on it.

@EvenstarGW' date=' did all of the above.

[/quote']

you can allways zip up the mesh and texture and one of can take a look to see what you did wrong.

Archived