Quest Dialog Crash Creation Kit

*ugh* - the problems never cease. Hey I created a quest dialog branch in Creation Kit. But after saving and closing the app, when I try to open the dialog branch, Creation Kit crashes. Any ideas why that would happen?

I've attached the Creation Kit dump - the last lines appear to read:

MASTERFILE: Cell contains more than one water current marker:  'Wilderness' (0000954C) (-12, 3) in WorldSpace 'Tamriel' (0000003C)

MASTERFILE: Automatic door 'AutoLoadDoor01' (0201E350) [0 units] in cell 'Wilderness' has its teleport marker too close to the linked door.

MASTERFILE: Reference (0010FDBF) is not a large ref.

MASTERFILE: Invalid large ref data found for world 'Tamriel' (0000003C).

CreationKit.exe_20240209_202727.zip

Edited by Allen Harris
  • Allen Harris changed the title to Quest Dialog Crash Creation Kit
6 hours ago, ghastley said:

You have it set as “start game enabled”. That means it is in every save, so unless you start a fresh character, you are not going to see any change to the journal. If you had something wrong the first time …

I appreciate that, but I know. I'm just doing this to learn modding, so it's the quickest way to test. When I have a release candidate, I'll change that.

Edit: I've actually addressed my previous problem; but now, dialog views are crashing lol.

The problems never cease...

Edited by Allen Harris
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, villainousJ said:

Hey!

How did you end up solving this? 

I'm afraid I didn't. I just kept deleting the XMLs in the dialog directory. I don't think there's a fix - I spent like 6 hours searching the Interwebs and, while a number of people have reported it, I've never found a working solution 😞