Well, it breaks SFSE. Which is a problem, because that breaks the plugins.txt enabler which means that none of your mods will load.

It's perfectly playable if you want to dabble with a vanilla run, or texture-only mods. Otherwise, give it a day or so for the SFSE team to update the extender.

Everything I have installed has been updated already - apart from CharGenMenu. And truth is the game runs 100% perfectly fine without it. The only thing you can't do is use presets in the looks menu. A minor inconvenience at most. It took 5 days to be updated last patch, I expect similar this time too.

Edited by nIn nIn nIn
5 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Everything I have installed has been updated already - apart from CharGenMenu. And truth is the game runs 100% perfectly fine without it. The only thing you can't do is use presets in the looks menu. A minor inconvenience at most. It took 5 days to be updated last patch, I expect similar this time too.

Chargen Menu adds custom morphs though, which I plan to use for robert's body (basically few body morphs are already there), so I waiting for update (doesn;t stop from playing too though). :)

Ah yes. custom morphs too. I'm using VBB 75% myself with only a small number of supported clothing items. As long as we don't try to change anything in the mean time our existing custom morphs remain applied.

I'm happy to just keep playing my current character. Level 79 and NG+8.

Tell me about it. If I want to properly support The Naked Spacesuit, I need to do three morphs for each of Vanilla, CRT, CRT Too Much, and four different VBB models. And that's just female models,

We need Bodyslide and Outfit Studio or something similar.

If you ask, for now I use blender and transfer shape keys addon as workaround for making things. Addon is much more accurate than OS conformulation, but it has no settings sadly, so sometimes results maybe inaccurate - or more likely too accurate. On a bright side, all blender tools are avaible to accurately fix problematic keys, not only limited OS brushes.

Edited by Allnarta
typo
11 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Same here although it's a bit more than just a minor inconvenience for me cause my modded save crashes when i try to ignore sfse warning and run the game anyway. I don't know if it's chargenmenu or something else that needs updating but ah well i can wait. We really need that creation kit asap tho lol.

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

Tell me about it. If I want to properly support The Naked Spacesuit, I need to do three morphs for each of Vanilla, CRT, CRT Too Much, and four different VBB models. And that's just female models,

No wonder there aren't many outfits that support any custom body at all if it's that's much of a hassle. CRT looks like it's the better body but VBB has more outfits for it as of now which is the only reason i'm still sticking to it.

9 hours ago, DocClox said:

You could possibly, in effect do your own body, like the very original 7base, unp, cbbe and such did before bodyslide was really a big thing, and then fit the outfits to that, sure it would probably require the base game outfits also fitting to that body type, and yes it would be a ton of work, but how close are we to having something like bodyslide/cbbe/uunp or whatever for starfield?  Later this year or early next year maybe, or sooner?

19 hours ago, Allnarta said:

OS and BS is also doubful to happen though, so more likely mod authors now  need to make workarounds with advanced tools (blender and addons). ;) 

I don't think this is correct, I've heard from several different sources that Ousnius is working on bringing both Outfit Studio and Bodyslide to Starfield. I just wouldn't expect to see either of them before the CK is released.

He said that he works on it in october or something last time, and as I understand there was no progress after it. Also Ousnius stated that he has little to zero motivation and desire to put an effort to it, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Which, at the end of the day, could be for better, to be honest, as more advanced tools (blender addons for ex.) will mean better quality.

I did just have an interesting conversation over on SesamePaste's discord. Modder there is making a new body and going to use morphs and expired's CharGenMenu to provide customizable bodies. Could be a cleaner solution to the problem.

2 hours ago, Allnarta said:

He said that he works on it in october or something last time, and as I understand there was no progress after it. Also Ousnius stated that he has little to zero motivation and desire to put an effort to it, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Which, at the end of the day, could be for better, to be honest, as more advanced tools (blender addons for ex.) will mean better quality.

That's great for Outfit Studio, but if we really don't get Bodyslide, that's going to be a huge loss to the modding community. It'll become much more difficult (read: impossible) for most mod users to adapt clothing/armor mods to their desired body type and presets unless an alternative is created.

FWIF, I think when Ousnius said that they didn't feel motivated, that was due to no CK2 and the lack of data on bones and sliders, plus no body mods available yet. Given that there are some body mods coming out now, and given that the CK is coming out very soon, I'd say we could expect to see Bodyslide within the next couple months as well.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:36 PM, Allnarta said:

When I say "Outfit Studio", I clearly mean tools to make body sliders.

You will not even need bodyslide as a tool as user. You'll be able to do it all in game (Chargen Menu allows custom sliders).

Wait how does that work? You mean any outfit will automatically conform to body morphs so we can install an outfit and go straight into the game?

47 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

You mean any outfit will automatically conform to body morphs

That's the interesting question. They already conform to the muscular/fat/thin sliders. It's just a question of whether that can be extended to apply to new sliders. I have no idea myself, but this fellow seems to think he can do it.

1 hour ago, DocClox said:

That's the interesting question. They already conform to the muscular/fat/thin sliders. It's just a question of whether that can be extended to apply to new sliders. I have no idea myself, but this fellow seems to think he can do it.

It'll be one of the biggest leaps in functionality if somehow it gets done. We might not even have to worry about compatibility with different bodies anymore cause everything will autofit, man the possibilities. HOPIUM.png.cb7d3f50ad5f28c9e52a1a8264c674a1.pngHOPIUM.png.cb7d3f50ad5f28c9e52a1a8264c674a1.pngHOPIUM.png.cb7d3f50ad5f28c9e52a1a8264c674a1.png

4 hours ago, DocClox said:

BodyMorph in Fallout 4 is what it looks like in SF. Yes, weight sliders ARE morphs, so extending game do same for custom ones is doable.

It wasn't so much the "can we make new sliders?" part as the "and will they automatically get applied to outfits?" part.

I mean I'm sure it's doable. I'm just not sure how much effort it would entail.