Heyo 👋

So since SE recently updated again, and the downgrade patcher is out of date; Has anyone successfully downgraded back to 1.5.97 with the steam manifest + older downgrade patch without crashes or other issues?

For me this method seems to really break the game. Random crashes when saving, loading, exiting and entering interiors. The NetScriptFramework lists SKSE and other .dll files as the crash reason, I even had 'Miraak' as the reason I crashed at the start of the game. Some people recommend installing "Backported Extended ESL Support", yet the only purpose of this seems to be loading newer plugins that have this increased form limit, which I installed none of. I'm essentially running my old Skyrim setup with mods that used to work perfectly on 1.5.97, but now after the botched together 1.5.97 downgrade my Skyrim is CTD hell. 

Anyone else with the same issue, and maybe you got it to work ? I'm thinking about simply waiting till an update to the patcher.

20 minutes ago, -Ayleth- said:

after the botched together 1.5.97 downgrade my Skyrim is CTD hell

Instead of downgrading, do the opposite:

Download 1.5.97 directly, then consider if you want to add the CC content or not:

download_depot 48930 489833 2289561010626853674
download_depot 48930 489832 8702665189575304780
download_depot 48930 489831 7848722008564294070

24 minutes ago, traison said:

Instead of downgrading, do the opposite:

Download 1.5.97 directly, then consider if you want to add the CC content or not:

download_depot 48930 489833 2289561010626853674
download_depot 48930 489832 8702665189575304780
download_depot 48930 489831 7848722008564294070

I was wondering why these weren't shared instead, that just makes more sense. I'll try, thank you. ❤️

EDIT: I just tried, the first and last one displays "Invalid Parameter" when trying to download, the middle has an error.
Nvm, 48930 was just missing an 8! (489830)

Edited by -Ayleth-
23 minutes ago, -Ayleth- said:

I was wondering why these weren't shared instead

It could be that some time ago this wasn't possible. A year ago I had to download a priated copy in order to preserve the game for the future. Now I've removed that in favor of the actual Steam variant. And yes I know DRM is a horrible thing for preservation; I know how to remove it myself, and yes I know it still makes the game incompatible with a lot of mods. At some point when I have like a month of nothing to do I'll grab a copy from GOG and mod it up to make that the definitive version that has the highest likelihood of working in 10+ years.

Also, weird thing that "8". Quite sure I copy-pasted those lines from the Steam console. :confused:

20 minutes ago, traison said:

It could be that some time ago this wasn't possible. A year ago I had to download a priated copy in order to preserve the game for the future. Now I've removed that in favor of the actual Steam variant. And yes I know DRM is a horrible thing for preservation; I know how to remove it myself, and yes I know it still makes the game incompatible with a lot of mods. At some point when I have like a month of nothing to do I'll grab a copy from GOG and mod it up to make that the definitive version that has the highest likelihood of working in 10+ years.

Also, weird thing that "8". Quite sure I copy-pasted those lines from the Steam console. :confused:

While looking for answers I actually read that GOG appearently lets you choose the game version you want, might not be a bad idea indeed.

29 minutes ago, -Ayleth- said:

While looking for answers I actually read that GOG appearently lets you choose the game version you want, might not be a bad idea indeed.

Issue with the GOG version is that you will find dlls that were made only for the Steam version. Maybe not such a prevalent issue anymore, but I still wouldn't go full Todd Howard and say "it just works".

If you have problems going from 1.6.1130 to 1.5.97, you can try downgrading from 1.6.1130 to 1.6.640, then 1.6.640 to 1.5.97. 

Edit: I guess there was yet another update to 1170. Then the steam db method is all you have.

Edited by bnub345