what is the difference between OKW and KW animations?

hey all, i'm installing the passion mod for the first time and i'm going through animations to download, but i notice that they all have files labeled as KW and OKW in them. what is the difference between them? i'm unsure if i need both of them or if i should only have a specific one

25 minutes ago, sunadokei said:

hey all, i'm installing the passion mod for the first time and i'm going through animations to download, but i notice that they all have files labeled as KW and OKW in them. what is the difference between them? i'm unsure if i need both of them or if i should only have a specific one

I don't know how it works for Passion but with KinkyWorld you need both files. I'm guessing it's the same with Passion. The larger file contains the actual animations, and I guess the smaller one is probably metadata.

On 1/20/2024 at 5:30 PM, sunadokei said:

You need them both. One file is just the animations themselves, without any context as to what category the animation is for. The OKW files are the metadata that map a particular animation to the type of position (oral, hand-job, vaginal, etc.), plus the name of the position to be displayed in the menus, plus the number and gender of participants. For example, a position for two females, or a position for three people - two males and one female. Also in the metadata is stuff like where the animation can be used: the bed, a counter, a dining table, etc.

KW makes use of more of the metadata, since it differentiates between things like teasing vs vaginal. But Passion uses the stuff about the number of sims involved, the genders, etc.

sorry for the late response, thanks for all the info guys! i kept both just in case when i initially downloaded the animations so it's good to know i did the right thing and won't have to redo everything

Edited by sunadokei