My WIP body mod (HGEC - like) (Download page 2)

Hello everyone,

Not to diminish the good work being done by others on this forum, I finished the first stage of my own nude female body mod, and thought I'd share.

So far, I've simply shape-adjusted the default body (Astrid) to approximate one of my favorite body shapes from Oblivion (HGEC). Also did some modification of the skin texture and normal map to support the look. For the texture, I altered the work from another nude mod (Thepal's nude mod on Skyrim Nexus) until I have a chance to spend time making a nicer one.

One cool thing, since the mesh was based on the stock one, the weight slider on the race menu continues to work! I put the astrid body as weight 0 and mine as weight 1, and there's a nice gradient between them. Sadly, the normal maps aren't tweened, so one map (the femalebody_1_msn.dds) has to work for both. For future versions, A better small-breasted model will work better -- as the screenshot shows, the default body looks pretty awful with the adjusted normal map and texture.

Please let me know what you think... if there's any interest, I'll post my files -- there's some weighting tweaks and such that would be good, but it seems to work pretty well as it is!

post-21341-13597871553282_thumb.jpg

post-21341-13597871553786_thumb.jpg

post-21341-13597871554271_thumb.jpg

Small and large weight slider:

post-21341-13597871554688_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Caliente

Updated with Version 0.2 Version 0.2 high res mesh

Seamless Feet and Hands: Page 33

old files:

Version 0.1 : previous version v0.1

Big Bottom Edition (scaling rear)Big Bottom Edition v0.1

CBBE Nocturnal Dress (FineClothes02 replacer) for v0.1 of mesh Page 9

Hello everyone' date='

Not to diminish the good work being done by others on this forum, I finished the first stage of my own nude female body mod, and thought I'd share.

So far, I've simply shape-adjusted the default body (Astrid) to approximate one of my favorite body shapes from Oblivion (HGEC). Also did some modification of the skin texture and normal map to support the look. For the texture, I altered the work from another nude mod (Thepal's nude mod on Skyrim Nexus) until I have a chance to spend time making a nicer one.

One cool thing, since the mesh was based on the stock one, the weight slider on the race menu continues to work! I put the astrid body as weight 0 and mine as weight 1, and there's a nice gradient between them. Sadly, the normal maps aren't tweened, so one map (the femalebody_1_msn.dds) has to work for both. For future versions, A better small-breasted model will work better -- as the screenshot shows, the default body looks pretty awful with the adjusted normal map and texture.

Please let me know what you think... if there's any interest, I'll post my files -- there's some weighting tweaks and such that would be good, but it seems to work pretty well as it is!

Small and large weight slider:

Thanks for looking!

-Caliente

[/quote']

need a little work one the femaleastrid_0.nif its a bit mangled in the chest area but nice to see people are not just waiting on 2pac :)

This looks really good. What 3d program do use use. I've been using blender for mine and have been having weighting issues. Did u weight it by hand?

Thanks!

Zbrush for the normal map and texture map, blender for .obj manipulation. I haven't touched the weights yet, I simply moved verts to new places.

As of yet, working with .nif files in blender isn't working for me for skyrim, and I haven't worked out why. (I use blender 2.6) Once that's back on track, I'll make some more drastic changes to the mesh such as adding numerous edge loops. That will require re-weighting the mesh by hand.

The Bone weight copy script does most of the work for that in blender, at least.

-Cal

PS, Daedrasp --- haha yeah that side boob shot is terrible, I'll get some better pics for you soon

PS' date=' Daedrasp --- haha yeah that side boob shot is terrible, I'll get some better pics for you soon

[/quote']

Sorry about my brocken English. I live in Korea, so i need many study to written in English. However, I want more closer meshes between both side boob. Like DM boobs. It's more easy to understand? :)

post-3030-13597871558675_thumb.jpg

And waiting more good job! :D

Guest wnxmegax

Hmm the mesh looks impressive especially the textures from the body to the head. Though I see what you mean by the weight0 body does need work as for the weight 1 body looks really good imo.

This looks really good. What 3d program do use use. I've been using blender for mine and have been having weighting issues. Did u weight it by hand?

Thanks!

Zbrush for the normal map and texture map' date=' blender for .obj manipulation. I haven't touched the weights yet, I simply moved verts to new places.

As of yet, working with .nif files in blender isn't working for me for skyrim, and I haven't worked out why. (I use blender 2.6) Once that's back on track, I'll make some more drastic changes to the mesh such as adding numerous edge loops. That will require re-weighting the mesh by hand.

The Bone weight copy script does most of the work for that in blender, at least.

-Cal

PS, Daedrasp --- haha yeah that side boob shot is terrible, I'll get some better pics for you soon

[/quote']

the bone weight copy script did a terrible job on me and thors body. i had to redo a LOT by hand to fix some issues, and there is still more to fix.

PS' date=' Daedrasp --- haha yeah that side boob shot is terrible, I'll get some better pics for you soon

[/quote']

Sorry about my brocken English. I live in Korea, so i need many study to written in English. However, I want more closer meshes between both side boob. Like DM boobs. It's more easy to understand? :)

And waiting more good job! :D

where you got the hair of your picture?, never seen that one

@ Caliente,

Hey, Just saw this. It looks great!

Going by some of the problems we're having, I'm thinking to myself this was the way to do it. At least until I knew a lot more.

AFIAK, you can cut loops; subdivide; melt; disolve and the mesh should still retain it's weights.

@ 2pac - This is what i meant. If we, you ;p , can't fix the weighting, then working the default in blender is a solution.

If this import/export is easily possible, i want a guide and i want it now! ;p

@ Caliente' date='

Hey, Just saw this. It looks great!

Going by some of the problems we're having, I'm thinking to myself this was the way to do it. At least until I knew a lot more.

AFIAK, you can cut loops; subdivide; melt; disolve and the mesh should still retain it's weights.

@ 2pac - This is what i meant. If we, you ;p , can't fix the weighting, then working the default in blender is a solution.

If this import/export is easily possible, i want a guide and i want it now! ;p

[/quote']

I will be making a video tutorial of how to import and export skyrim meshes into the game soon. Will that help?

@ Renax, Luxane, thanks!

@ daedrasp : No problem, sorry for misunderstanding. Larger and more pressed-together breasts are something i'd like to work on when I add some more density to the mesh :)

@ wnxmegax : Thanks! the texture blend from the body to the head is not my doing -- just modified a few areas on the texture far away from the seams, but I'm glad you like it

@ 2pac4eva : I hate when BWC does a bad job... handpainting weights is a chore. Looking forward to that video -- I know how it worked in oblivion/fallout ... but I'm surprised that it hasn't changed...

@ Iris86 : Its one of the stock hair models, nothing special there :)

@ Thor925 : Yeah, this way is the easy way, but it limits how much detail you can add (already pushing the limits). The various mesh tools usually do preserve /propogate weights, but since I couldn't import/export nifs from blender, I couldn't keep them anyway.

@ Chisume, Maylen : Thanks! your wish is my command ... attaching the mesh and textures here!

-----

Fixed the low-weight body mesh with a smaller-breasted version. Could still go a little smaller for a greater range, I suppose.

post-21341-13597871560296_thumb.jpg

I've also gone ahead and uploaded the v0.1 of this mod for people to play with. I don't claim it's perfect, but I hope people enjoy. Watch this space for further updates... if people like it I'll move it over to Nexus eventually (I know some people hate nexus here:)) in order to open it up for other people to make armor and such if they like the body.

Edit:

In the meshes folder there's two versions of the femalebody_0.nif. The base one has smaller breasts (in game weight slider grows them along with shoulders/neck/arms). The other, (smallneckbigboobs_femalebody_0.nif) does not scale down the breasts, so you can have skinny arms and a nice rack. Just rename the alternate file manually to femalebody_0.nif and you're all set.

CalienteBody_v0-1.7z

Let me know if you have any problems!

-Cal

Guest wnxmegax

Hmm the body seems prefect for me so far textures really fit well on my character ;). The only problem that bugs me is like a few lines I see on my ass they only appear when zoomed out far but up close they go away. Here are some screens of my character.

k56hj9.jpg

35daz2h.jpg

@cyb3r - I know what you mean, The UV space devoted to the breast area is possibly not enough for the new size. Although the little 'veins' I drew in there don't seem to be too stretched to me, but the specular map could potentially use some work. To really fix this, though, I might break compatibility with standard textures.

@wnxmegax - are you able to get a screenshot of the lines on the ass your talking about? This could be one of two things:

1) the astrid body (on which the mesh is based) has some duplicate vertexes (unwelded seams) around the panty line and along the underside of the arms and inside of the legs. This causes there to be very faint lines visible in certain lighting conditions. Possibly, when viewed far away the mesh LOD kicks in and causes the seam to gap noticeably.

2) Texture filtering could be causing dark lines to appear near UV seams (the same seams mentioned in item 1). I foolishly left the un-painted portion of the texture map black, which could be bleeding into the visible portion when viewed from far away.

If 2) is the case, its an easy correction (just fill in the black areas on the texture map with a skin color). To fix #1 will require more extensive mesh editing that's planned for a release sometime soon.

-Cal

Guest wnxmegax

@cyb3r - I know what you mean' date=' The UV space devoted to the breast area is possibly not enough for the new size. Although the little 'veins' I drew in there don't seem to be too stretched to me, but the specular map could potentially use some work. To really fix this, though, I might break compatibility with standard textures.

@wnxmegax - are you able to get a screenshot of the lines on the ass your talking about? This could be one of two things:

1) the astrid body (on which the mesh is based) has some duplicate vertexes (unwelded seams) around the panty line and along the underside of the arms and inside of the legs. This causes there to be very faint lines visible in certain lighting conditions. Possibly, when viewed far away the mesh LOD kicks in and causes the seam to gap noticeably.

2) Texture filtering could be causing dark lines to appear near UV seams (the same seams mentioned in item 1). I foolishly left the un-painted portion of the texture map black, which could be bleeding into the visible portion when viewed from far away.

If 2) is the case, its an easy correction (just fill in the black areas on the texture map with a skin color). To fix #1 will require more extensive mesh editing that's planned for a release sometime soon.

-Cal

[/quote']

Ok I think my first pic didn't show the lines for some reason o.O but this one has them.

35hedxt.jpg